• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thank you Jeff Hardy, Thank you for the memories

Paradox100

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now, as most of you know, people are wondering if Jeff Hardy is going to resign with the WWE. No one besides Jeff knows at this point. But wrestlezone reported an interview, where Jeff says he has not resigned, and that he has a few weeks left on his contract. I started wondering, if Jeff is done for now, or if this is a little scheme between vince and Jeff, so internet fans wonder for awhile. But, I honestly believe he is done. Reasons?

Shannon Moore reported on his myspace, that he is going to take time off of wrestling, so that he can work on the Hardy Show. This happened around a week ago, and if Jeff's contract is up in a few weeks, we might see the Hardy Show a lot more. Which, if Jeff leaves, Maybe Matt's next? I'd love to see a Hardy reality show.

It isn't the first time Jeff has gotten burnt out from wrestling, he did it in WWE years ago, and he also just stopped showing up for shows in TNA. Jeff probably has a lot of injuries building up, and he might want to take a break, and just be with his girlfriend.

But, the signs are kinda obvious that he is probably not going to resign with the WWE. I mean, take Extreme Rules for example. They put the belt on him for what, three minutes? They probably gave him the title, to make all of his fans happy, (for three minutes) and then he dropped it to CM Punk. (It can be argued that they didn't want to have Punk cash in on Edge twice) Then, at the Bash, people probably expected him to lose, as did I. So I was surprised when I see Jeff pin Punk, and win the World Heavyweight Championship. But then, what do we see, the ref sees punks foot on the ropes like ten seconds later, and the match restarts. (Why don't heels do this all the time if they get pinned? then they get a second chance) But anyway, back to the rematch, Jeff hurts Punk's eye, and Punk Roundhouse kicks the referee, and gets DQ'ed. Fight breaks out, and Hardy wins the match. But winning the match, doesn't always mean, winning the title.

So, it does seem that Jeff will leave the WWE in my opinion. The Wrestling business is a hard business, and everyone needs a break from it sometimes. I just hope to see him wrestle again, he's a showman, and people will pay to see Jeff Hardy. The WWE will get by without Jeff Hardy, but merchandise income will suffer a little bit. I think the way Matt will stay, is if they give him a world title, because I believe it's either main eventing Wrestlemania for Matt, or the Hardy show for these two brothers. So, Just in case Jeff does leave the company, Thank you Jeff Hardy, Thank you for the memories.

The guy is only in his early to mid 30's. So even if he leaves, he'll return. He was fired in 2003, he returned in 2006, he's leaving in 2009. You know what that is? It's a three year cycle. So I'll expect him back in time for the Olympics in the UK. Who will win my affection, that's the real question here.

He'll be back. Even if he does leave, he'll leave people wanting more and assuming he doesn't go to TNA, im sure McMahon would be happy to have him back as he consistantly draws and pops the live crowd. He has been good, but getting a bit stale recently, some time off would probably do him good, and when he returned he would be fresher and could go right back into the ME picture.

I don't think he will be done with WWE and in wrestling in general. Jeff just wants time to rest up his body, seeing as it's not the same putting on a ladder match in your 30's than in your 20's. This is just how Jericho took a break too, and worked on Fozzy for a while. Then again, in the case he does leave, he will be missed by all of his fans, and by the locker room too, perhaps.

While I think Jeff Hardy will return at some point down the road, I do not see for a few years at the least. I think Hardy really wants to get his personal life in order and take a step back and get his priorities straight. He has a lot of issues in his life he hasn't been able to take care and I think he finally well, so it'll be a while before we see him again.

That being said, I will greatly miss him, he was getting a bit stale, but he is one of the craziest in the ring I have ever seen and I loved every bit of it, he keep me entertained from bell to bell. So yes indeed, thank you Jeff for the memories, I'll miss you until we see you again.

I don't think Jeff is gonna leave for good. He has a life outside of wrestling. Like artwork, musci, his gf, The Hardy Show. Jeff left before and he came back. I think he's gonna leave as well, and pull off a Jericho. I'd love to hear more from Peroxo?gen (Jeff's band). But we'll see. But if he does leave for good. Thank you Jeff.

HBK, Undertaker, Kane, Edge, and Randy Orton have all taken breaks over the past few years so I don't think its out of the question if Jeff does the same. A break gave all of them a chance to heal up, and the fans a chance to miss him. Its just sad that Jeff wont get a proper main event title run before going away again, after all the hard work he's put in these past three years

it would also be nice if some other wrestlers would follow this example and take a few months/years off (cough Triple H cough)

The way I see it, the WWE are desperate right now especially with Edge going down..they will be practically begging him to stay and even if he does take a hiatus..I think that WWE will resign him but give him the time off he needs.

Jeff will be back within a couple of years i say 3 or 4. He's still young and he's probably burnt out again. Plus he probably wants to work on other projects he has in his life such as his band and his reality show. Remember when he was fired back in 2002 or 2003, he took some time off to heal his body and work on other projects, then he went to TNA did his thing before he started no showing up until he was fired(i think he did that so he could get out of his contract and go back to the WWE), then finally he went back to WWE and has become one of the biggest stars in the company right now.

It's funny, but there seem to be a lot of similarities between Jeff Hardy and RVD... both inside the ring and out.

IMO, both were spot monkeys for the better part of their careers and both were / are fan favorites.

Both guys have multiple successful projects outside of the "E" - Jeff with his artwork and the Hardy Show - RVD with his comic book store and his wife's battle / conquer of cancer.

While both guys appear to truly love the wrestling business, the hardships of travel and time allotment seem to drain them of that love.

I can't say that Jeff will never come back, but I thought the same of RVD when he walked away and he doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon - aside from the occasional "E" appearance (Royal Rumble) or Indy bookings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back