Ten Years on...

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Dreamcast-set-orange.png

On the 9/9/99 Sega released their last ever console in North America, step forward the Sega Dreamcast.

This console had it all;
It had 128bits some two years before the next rival appeared.

It brought console internet playing to the masses (Nintendo had with the SNES in Japan but we hadn't seen it in the western world).

It had great launch titles including Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, Power Stone, and Hydro Thunder.

It was the console that brought us Shenmue.

The pad was pretty good (aside from the wire coming out the bottom!)

The console that was way ahead of its time yet only sold 10.6 million worldwide ending Segas reign as one of the console powerhouses.

What are your memories of the SDC? Can you remember staying up until 4am playing Shenmue? Can you remember getting addicted to chaos? When Soul Calibur and PowerStone won you over?!

The only real memory I have was playing it in the game stores. Whenever I was out with family in the bigger towns to do some shopping bits, I would search for the Dreamcast to play on. Usually it was the same game, a beach thing or something, one time was a Sonic game.

Despite only having a short period of use with it, I had fun.

I was quite deprive when it came to consoles pre-2000, it saddens me.

I never had one, but I wish Sega didn't tank and become a mere games developer. I hate how Sonic, Mario's true "rival", is ****ed out etc, and whilst I was always a Nintendo fan, it feels wrong having Sonic games on the other consoles, and it doesn't help that most of them suck now. I'd trade Sony or Microsoft for Sega ANYDAY.

I have a Dreamcast. In fact it's my newest system. I can't say much about the games for it yet since I well don't own any yet. I picked the system up at a flea market a couple weeks back. Just haven't gotten the chance to go down to the Play N Trade to pick up a few games. So I'll keep the games that you guys mention in mind when I go out and pick some up. Outside of the already mentioned is there any other games that are really worth it on this system and is it worth buying a second controller?

My fondest memory of the DreamCast was Marvel Vs. CapCom 2. I spent so much time on that game, that I ended up unlocking everything, characters, stages and colors for costumes. When I was done, I was so proud of myself for about 12 minutes and never played it since. I can’t wait to get it on XBOX Live. #@#@!!

I remember going to my friend's house and being floored by Sonic Adventure. It was beautiful, it was fun, it was a 3D Sonic game. The Dreamcast seemed like the way of the future. I really wish it had sold, and I still don't understand why it wasn't popular.

Another memory I have is playing Shenmue at my friend's house. I stayed up until three in the morning, having a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back