• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ted/Maryse: is it actually going anywhere?

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
It has been playing on my mind since these 2 got together, questions like:
-why did these get put together?
-is their gold at the end of this for one or both of them?

the crowd are pretty much dead for ted (ha! that rhymed) but maryse, the crowd love her & she pretty much outshines ted in this couple in many ways. shes got better mic skills, her character is better, she has more charisma than ted.

my question is: is this actually going to go somewhere or is it just another flop?

They just got into there first feud.. Way to soon to tell what will happen, but you know the Miz is dropping the U.S. Title fairly soon, and I could see, John Morrison, Ted Dibase, Evan Bourne, ect. all in the U.S. Title Hunt..

Ted has been given significant T.V. Time and is one of the rising stars in the WWE, you won't see him out of the midcard for a few years, but he's still a realtivly young guy.

I think the Ted Maryse power couple will be together a long while.. They need to keep maryse on T.V., but she can't challenge for the Diva's title untill Alica Fox drops it to a face.. Heel vs. Heel feuds work but why not let Eve get the rub of chasing the title. Maryse certainly doesn't need it , she's been in the title hunt for well over a year. Being Ted's Valet is a nice change of pace for her character..

So I do think this will work, and I think it will last for quite some time, they make a good power couple. It also prevents Maryse's character from becoming over-exposed and stale constantly chasing the title..

i think ted dibiase is actually not the overall performer that cody rhodes is. when both seperated from their tag team there was speculation that ted was the "shawn michaels or bret hart" of the tag team,,,,but since the seperation and upon further review,,,,i think cody will be the one that moves on to greater heights. teds in work abililty is not the concern,,,,its his work on the stick. maryse is with him for a reason guys,,,,and thats not good overall for his future. nuff said.

I really hope not, cause if anything TeD is making Maryse look bad.I mean i HAVE NO CLUE, and i MEAN NO CLUE what all the people here are seeing in him.Im usually a kinda guy who gives everyone a chance,I like almost anyone in WWE but the reason i hate TeD is because all i hear is how good he is and w/e.He hasnt had a good match in....like..never?HE is SHIT and i mean SHIT on the mic...if he doesnt talk slowly, and even then he sounds awkward,he sounds like shit when he yells or even TRIES to be intense or raise his voice.I dont know where the charisma is, which everyone here seems to think he has.

So no this wont go anywhere because if he is US champion he will be a shitty one because he has 0 cred.And dont tell me anything abouht 70Year old DX putting them "over" because it didnt nothing for both Cody and TeD.I hope he will get a JTG reaction from the crowd soon.

The Internet reports have Ted Dibiase rumored to start a feud with John Morrison in the coming weeks. Also there is talk about having this feud bring back Melina (coming off injury) to reunite with Morrison and have a mixed tag feud.

I personally think the WWE panicked when Brett Dibiase went down with a torn muscle and this lead to Hennig going to NXT and the Colons becoming the "fortunate sons." Then Carlito either asked for his release or got fired depending on who you believe, and this left Ted basically by himself with no foundation.

I imagine they ran down a lot of possibilities on what to have Teddy do, but nothing fit as it looks.

To be honest, I don't know if anybody else in the wrestling business has caught as big of patch of bad luck as Ted Dibiase in 2010.

1) In line for a big face push and possibly go over on Randy Orton. Orton ends up getting over with the fans as a tweener which makes creative keep Dibiase heel.

2) The Trust Fund storyline has since fizzled out.

3) His little brother tears a muscle in his knee derailing plans for his heel stable.

4) His brothers back-up gets Future Endeavored.

Hopefully they find a way to re-introduce his "trust fund" character before it completely becomes a bust.

you forgot that Maryse is wayyyy better to look at than Ted. As for why my guess is that the E realizes that (as you mentioned) the crowd could give a fuck less about Ted. Maryse draws a reaction so by putting them together people care...somewhat. As for gold Ted needs to give his daddy back his belt because that "millon dollar championship" was worth a million back in 1988 but today you would be lucky to get 500,000 for it...but I digress Ted needs to get serious about winning a legit championship and not being his father. He has the look, size, and build to be a contender he should be deep in the US Title hunt but he is more interested in walking around with Maryse (can't say I blame him) as for Maryse I have no doubt she will be wearing gold around her waist again soon. but to answer your question its going to get more annoying before it gets better, and yeah I might call it a flop...but its still early in the program for these two.

I agree with what the TC is saying, in that, Maryse is more talented than Ted thus outshining him.

Macho Man was more charismatic than Liz, she was always this quite, pretty yet sweet woman who stood behind her man. Ted dosent have half the charisma Macho Man had and Maryse is very charismatic and just sucks all the attention to her that is suppose to go to Ted.

Honestly i think Cody Rhodes got a better gimmick to work with and i think if they switched places Cody would be able to keep up with Maryse much better than Ted can.

It dosent help that the last 2 RAW's the confrontation between JoMo and Ted/Maryse has been, if you ask most fans, absolutely horrible, bad promos from all and just a trainwreck.

We all kinda complained how Ted and Cody were used when they were with Orton but that seems now masterfull compared to how Ted is doing now, at least Cody is doing really well with his new "pretty boy" gimmick.

Listen, people, while you're all complaining about Maryse being better than Ted, you're actually missing the point. Maryse is the mouthpiece for Ted, and also the eye candy. Ted isn't bad at all in the ring and he's alright on the mic, and his gimmick is shaping up to be good, and yet you all want to put him down already. If Melina comes back and gets with Morrison, it'll be a ladies' promo fight, and you'll all be entertained. Both Morrison and Ted are very talented in the ring, just aren't that good with mic skills, which is where the Divas come in. This is shaping up to be a good feud if you people would actually pay attention to what's happening and what's going to happen. Ted and Maryse are a good pair, in my opinion, and have good things in store for them, just you wait and see.

My view is completely different.

For starters, I see this eventually becoming one of those Marc Mero/Sable things where the crowd starts to 'LOVE' her as a face and spit on him as the evil controller of women. Hence, he starts blaming her for losses and then she breaks away and becomes bigger that him. She is hot, I'll give her that.

As far as the current storyline, it does nothing for me. I think they already missed the boat on Ted. And just like Cody Rhodes, he will continue to waggle in mediocity until he gets a mild makeover or someone puts him 'into' a new stable. He is not good enough on the mic to run one himself.

I like Ted, he has great in ring skills. But creative f*cked it all up; as usual. Thanks Steph and Paul! Super job :-(

For starters, I see this eventually becoming one of those Marc Mero/Sable things where the crowd starts to 'LOVE' her as a face and spit on him as the evil controller of women. Hence, he starts blaming her for losses and then she breaks away and becomes bigger that him. She is hot, I'll give her that.

As far as the current storyline, it does nothing for me. I think they already missed the boat on Ted. And just like Cody Rhodes, he will continue to waggle in mediocity until he gets a mild makeover or someone puts him 'into' a new stable. He is not good enough on the mic to run one himself.

I like Ted, he has great in ring skills. But creative f*cked it all up; as usual. Thanks Steph and Paul! Super job :-(

I disagree with the view creative fucked up Ted Dibase..

He came out with a movie, was teased and tested the waters as a face, people Just cheered Randy Orton.. Weather it is Ted is not ready to take that step to the main event level, or Orton was just so over as a heel they had to turn him, his whole push was derailed due to Orton turning into a tweener character.

I also Like the Million Dollar Man Gimmick, and think it works great with the current WWE product, he is being booked, and treated like an upper-mid carder looking to break into the main event scene, and put in a position to create his own sucess.. Creative has put him in the position to get over with the crowd, and break through to the main event, Ted Dibase just needs to pick up the ball and run with it.

I also am enjoying Ted and Maryse, Maryse was getting stale in the Divas title race.. She has been a contendor , or champion for the better part of 2009/2010 (apart from Mickie James title Reign). This Valet position will keep her out of the title positon for a few months and let Alica Fox, and Eve carry that divison and develop there characters, not to mention a returning melina that is rumored to be reuinting with Morrison for a mixed tag feud.

I'm excited, Morrison and Dibase have both had there characters fall out of focus a bit as of late, and are struggling to surive in the mid-card sea that is raw, but I do think they can put together one hell of a program and am excited to see how this feud develops

How did creative fuck over Ted?

They were going to have him beat Randy Orton on the grandest stage of them all but the fans began to enjoy Orton's "tweener" like gimmick more than the pilot of Ted's face turn. (Huge Push)

When they realized there was no way Ted could possibly get over on Orton they went back to the drawling board. They were prepared to give Dibiase a leader role in a stable (that sounds like a pretty good push to me) but his littler brother got injured just weeks before the stable debuted. This left Joe Hennig free and the WWE decided to put Hennig on NXT.

Even with his little brother/Hennig out, the WWE was still going to give him the leader role with the Colons (Probably not as prestigious as the debuts since Carlito and Primo were stale, but still a stable is a stable) Then Carlito was granted his release/fired after just one week of the stable debuting.

So within 3 months the WWE creative staff gave him 3 story lines that would of all more than likely gotten over. I'll say yes Ted has received bad luck so far in his "by himself" stint, but how are you going to blame that on WWE Creative?

As for Cody Rhodes going to fizzle out? Were 2-3 weeks into his new character and you're already saying they have no faith in him? Let the two play out...

Yes Ted Dibiase was on the wrong side of the luck table, but you can't put that on Steph/Gerwitz. As for Rhodes, I see big things for him on Smackdown, with Hayes writing it should be good.

We all know that Cody Rhodes is getting some good stuff on SD! right now and I agree with Money Inc. that I see big things Cody. A feud with Kofi Kingston could be brilliant for him and he could even possbily start using the moonsault alongside Cross Rhodes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G81u83vv8A&feature=related

Look at that - does it not look as perfect? (except the weird ending)

Anyways, this is Ted's thread. I think we all know that this Morrison v DiBiase feud is going to see Melina return to help fight Maryse. Right there you have a perfect scenario (something that both Morrison and Ted have been dying for on Raw) because The Miz will drop the US title soon if they're serious about his main event push...

What better thing to do that to have the US Title fall into this feud. Both guys need some recognition... oh and they have two of the best female wrestlers on the brand on there arms? A possible woman's non-title feud... yeah that's not been seen in a while. Even though 2 sides with 2 titles involved... ok so it leaves Eve Torres and Alicia 'I silence the crowd' Fox with nothing to do... but Divas get nothing these days.

I'm predicting big things for both sides of Legacy on their respective brands and I think the rub from Orton now has helped them get noticed with the crowd a little more. In time DiBiase can go back to his stable that they wanted to plan. Have Primo team with his brother or give him the Uso's.

AIRVAR & MONEY..............I respect your feedback and your points guys.

I just think that creative screwed up in this sense; as soon as they say that Orton was going face and it wasn't going to work with DiBiase, they should have immediately switched gears and pushed them really hard as the top heels in the company by immediately giving them the straps and making them beat Orton at WM.

Just my opinion.

Other than trying to give Ted a rub from being with the much more popular Maryse and keeping Maryse out of the title hunt it seems like indeed it is going nowhere. Im not sure how they will continue his Morrison fued due to John being on Team Cena.

The real problem for me in this pairing is Ted he is so stiff on the mic that he cant even dream of matching his dad let alone surpassing him. Which is weird because if u read Teds twitter he seems like a funny guy with alot of character but it doesnt translate well into to his tv appearances where hes stiff and monotone as Lance Storm was on tv.

They need to either scrap this stroyline or update the rich guy character to a more modren theme having him be Cold Blooded and do cold blooded things with his money and be generally be unlikable. As it is now all we get is Million dollar thrown in every other sentence and its just boring.

Other than trying to give Ted a rub from being with the much more popular Maryse and keeping Maryse out of the title hunt it seems like indeed it is going nowhere. Im not sure how they will continue his Morrison fued due to John being on Team Cena.

They need to either scrap this stroyline or update the rich guy character to a more modren theme having him be Cold Blooded and do cold blooded things with his money and be generally be unlikable. As it is now all we get is Million dollar thrown in every other sentence and its just boring.

You've answered your own problem. Although the Nexus normally don't side with anyone, Ted DiBiase could pay for there services in beating down John Morrison. Cold blooded move and pushes his heel character.

You've answered your own problem. Although the Nexus normally don't side with anyone, Ted DiBiase could pay for there services in beating down John Morrison. Cold blooded move and pushes his heel character.

Trouble with that though is the Nexus would get more over from that then Ted. The big problem with Ted is that I believe that irl he is a nice guy so its prolly hard to for him to play heel leading to him not selling his end of the beatdown very well.

Plus the Nexus arent exactly easy to deal with or trustworthy they could take the money and give him the finger with him having no recourse for compensation.

I believe Maryse was paired with Ted for the simple reason to get him over as a heel. In the fact that WWE has him fueding with Morrison is a very great way to get him over imo. If the WWE was really screwing Ted over then he wouldn't have gotten that movie role. I see a lot of promise in the Ted/Maryse pairing and this could lead to a HUGE push for Ted depending on how the fued with Morrison goes. I really don't see how you can down something that's only three weeks in the making.

I'm diggin the storyline Teddy is in right now. Granted, things have been moving slow for him, imo he does posses the tools to go far in this buisness.

For starters, its in his blood. Maybe Teddy senior was no ME player or ever had multiple title runs, he still has it in his DNA.

I love them pairing him up with Mayrse. She's been my favorite since she debued and is just a beauty. Anything she is associated with should turn to gold. I like to think of her as the modern day Marlena.

She could do wonders with Ted. Give him the "spark" he needs. I don't like it how they are having him try to play her off sometimes. Tho, I did see him hold the rops for her, so he might be a softie.

but he really needs to work on his in ring. He barley gets any camera time and when he does, its either backstage segments or a quick match. The problem with WWE sometimes is that they have a tendancy to overlook some guys.

I think if they would give more creative control to the superstars, it would be a little better. They would be more comfortable doing something they can really get behind. I know Ted is fairing pretty easy with this gimmick but I would have liked to see him stray away from his fathers shadow and go his own route.

But being rich and handsome and having a great girl by urside is not really bad to go. I'm hoping we get to see more valets accompanying ppl. Its someting the IWC has been wondering and we got it right here. Ted was always the better half of Legacy and he should have been superface already. Idk why they cut his push down after the split form Orton. And the Dashing one isint doing to hot himself.

But all in all, I think its better that he has Mayrse with him. At least if he's not in the ring, he has something to do. And god knows I never mind when that hot french ass is on my TV set, so here's to it lasting a little while!!

I think eventually it will take off. I think the WWE is waiting for Melina to return to actually do something between Ted/Maryse and JoMo/Melina. As for now though, it really isnt going anywhere. Maryse is by Ted's side right now to try and help him draw a bigger heel reaction from the fans, and to make Ted look like a cocky, ladies man type of heel who uses his money to buy women.

I think eventually it will take off. I think the WWE is waiting for Melina to return to actually do something between Ted/Maryse and JoMo/Melina. As for now though, it really isnt going anywhere. Maryse is by Ted's side right now to try and help him draw a bigger heel reaction from the fans, and to make Ted look like a cocky, ladies man type of heel who uses his money to buy women.

Definitly forgot about Melina..

This is a good view stinger. I never even thought about that. I'm hoping they do pair JoMo up with her again and make that storyline happen.

They both need something to do and I wouldn't mind seeing them go @ it in the ring. They both need to be puttin on great matches and working hard to make it to the top. But the persona he has, you figure it would have happened by now.

I can see them going @ it already but for real, god knows that this isint going to solidify him as a solid ME guy. They need to tag up and have BOTH women accompanying them.? Double the hotness, double the ways to cheat , lie, and steal a win ... RIP eddie, I just had to.. but Ted is better in tag action right now, and him and JoMo could play off each other so easily. Now I know this won't solidify him either but, its a process and he needs a REAL starting point going foward.

Because when I think future WWE, I think and DiBiase comes to my mind. He has the look and I'm really hoping that something good gets done with him. This is a start, with the right feud who knows what could happen.

I personally would like to see Ted in the spot Bourne is in. Now I don't take nothing fromBournje on this one, its just that Ted is more of a look for the ME. I would never believe ina million years Bourne could cleanly win over Cena, or any other huge guy on the brand.

But yeah ... if I may quote another of Jersey's own, DDP for a second....

Ted and Mayrse .. "its not a bad thing ... its a GOOD thing!" :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back