• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Fedor Lays Out New Contract Demands to UFC

ITurnGirlsGay

Twitter -- @FightOnTwist
Fedor Emelianenko is the hottest name on the MMA free agent market. The only problem is, the heavyweight still has one fight remaining on his current Strikeforce deal. Nonetheless, it hasn’t stopped M-1 Global figurehead Vadim Finkelchtein from laying all his Octagon cards on the table.

“I think yes. But not on the same terms they offered us before,” Finkelchtein told ProSport (via Fighters Only) of joining forces with the UFC. “We will not let ourselves to get owned. Fedor became very popular [already] outside the Octagon. So, long story short

http://www.5thround.com/43804/team-fedor-emelianenko-lays-out-new-ufc-contract-demands/?utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Vadim must be out of his mind if he thinks that this is going to entice Dana to sign Fedor. I mean, I understand that Fedor is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, but judas fucking priest, your MAIN guy just lost and YOU'RE making demands???

And this is pretty much the reason why Fedor will never go to the UFC... especially where Dana never in a million years would agree to co-promote, which is absolutely what Finkelschtein is hinting about. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Fedor in the UFC. However, Dana let it be known after the loss to Werdum that he wanted no part of Fedor. Of course, that's probably just him posturing for future negotiations, but chances are that there are some elements of truth to that. Fedor, as great of a fighter he is, seems like that he's a headache to deal with.

And Fedor absolutely needs the UFC more than the UFC needs Fedor. The Heavyweight Division is the strongest its ever been. There are some very compelling fights for the UFC to make in that division, with or without Fedor being involved. Fedor needs to rehabilitate his image, and as much as a coup beating Overeem would be, he's still not that well known to casual fans. If Fedor wants to go down as the greatest of all time, a move to the UFC is necessary, especially if he wants to prove that the Werdum loss was nothing more than a fluke.

He and his people need to play ball with Dana. Dana holds all the cards now though, and chances are M-1 won't want to negotiate.

I completely agree, Lorenzo. What's even more absurd is that they're making these demands after a LOSS. The HW division in the UFC is stacked with talent. It's pretty clear who's at the top, but there's some great fights all around. It's certainly better than the days of Sylvia and Arlovski. I think the MOST that Vadim could get in-terms of "co-branding" would be Fedor being allowed to wear an M-1 shirt in the octagon. And, at this point, I don't even think Dana would agree to that.

Lol M-1 is a joke. Of course they are pushing a Fedor/Werdum rematch. Everybody knows they want that loss avenged so it will seem like a fluke. If that loss is avenged than they know they will have a greater shot at getting some sort of contract out of the UFC, and will have a much better argument during negotiations. Let's face it. Everyone and their mothers wants Fedor in the UFC including Dana whether he admits it or not. He knows how great Fedor is even if he won't say it. I believe the UFC will agree with the guaranteed payments, as well as Fedor competing in Sambo competitions. That is all I believe M-1 will get out of the UFC. Everything else is ludicrous. The UFC knows full well Fedor's value, and if he is indeed signed every fan who has ever heard Fedor's name will buy that PPV just to see him in the UFC. Now M-1 needs to be willing to negotiate. Like Lorenzo said Fedor needs the UFC much more than the UFC needs Fedor. I believe if both sides are willing to negotiate than we eventually will see Fedor in the UFC.

There's something that people are missing here: none of those demands are outrageous honestly. White and the Fertittas already had agreed the first time to allow Fedor to compete in Sambo competitions in the first round of negotiations. They're allowing Brock to compete at ADCC next year, there is no reason for them to not allow this really. Secondly, guaranteed payments have been given to other big profile fighters in the past rather than buy rate percentages. The biggest issue that I believe the UFC had was the co-promotion. The first time around White made the correct business move and didn't agree to this particular term. Now that they are simply asking for co-branding, the demand is much easier to work around.

In the business world, co-branding is one step above a lucrative sponsorship. M-1 could easily work this part of their demands in with the first demand that they wanted: with the co-branding would come a guaranteed payment stemming from that particular cards revenue. It's not like M-1 would be guaranteed pay from every UFC card, only the ones featuring their client. Understandable seeing as who their client is. The biggest problem that White has with this is Fedor's marketability in the states. Only within the past year or so has he gained some sort of notoriety here in America. If he were to sign with the UFC and the card he fought on didn't draw the expected numbers, then they would then have to pay M-1 global a guaranteed payment of X amount rather than the smaller percentage he would be entitled to. The thing is, UFC's marketing can do wonders. They have sold lackluster fights before, they could easily hype Fedor as what eh really is: the greatest mixed martial artist to ever compete in the sport. Is Dana willing to swallow his words and hype Fedor up as such? Who knows.

With all that being said, I still have doubts that we will ever see The Last Emperor in the UFC. I think any speculation about him doing such at this point is merely echoed pipe dreams from years past unfortunately. People speak of M-1 as evil, greedy business men and to an extent that is true. At the same time however, they are smart, evil, greedy business men. They understand that Fedor will more than likely retire sooner than later and want to get what they can out of him. This whole situation should develop very rapidly once we learn who he faces next.

In the business world, co-branding is one step above a lucrative sponsorship. M-1 could easily work this part of their demands in with the first demand that they wanted: with the co-branding would come a guaranteed payment stemming from that particular cards revenue. It's not like M-1 would be guaranteed pay from every UFC card, only the ones featuring their client. Understandable seeing as who their client is. The biggest problem that White has with this is Fedor's marketability in the states. Only within the past year or so has he gained some sort of notoriety here in America. If he were to sign with the UFC and the card he fought on didn't draw the expected numbers, then they would then have to pay M-1 global a guaranteed payment of X amount rather than the smaller percentage he would be entitled to. The thing is, UFC's marketing can do wonders. They have sold lackluster fights before, they could easily hype Fedor as what eh really is: the greatest mixed martial artist to ever compete in the sport. Is Dana willing to swallow his words and hype Fedor up as such? Who knows.

I think the point here is that M-1 is making their demands after their ONLY product just lost. Part of the allure of Fedor (at this stage in his career), was that he was still winning fights in impressive fashion. People believed he was destined to go "unbeaten." Werdum beat Fedor, the "undefeated fighter" product that M-1 had is now gone. It's a simple business move. You don't make demands after a loss in MMA. It's funny that M-1's new demands seem to be exactly what Zuffa agreed to previously...only problem is Zuffa will no longer be offering that. Also, Vadim said "We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce wants to extend it, they should listen to our opinion." Forget everything else for a minute. This statement alone is a huge problem. This is exactly why being Fedor's manager and promoter should be two different people/companies. It's a huge conflict of interest and apparently M1 is willing to take full advantage of the fact. Personally I would never ever do business with the individual that said this.

I think the point here is that M-1 is making their demands after their ONLY product just lost. Part of the allure of Fedor (at this stage in his career), was that he was still winning fights in impressive fashion. People believed he was destined to go "unbeaten." Werdum beat Fedor, the "undefeated fighter" product that M-1 had is now gone. It's a simple business move. You don't make demands after a loss in MMA. It's funny that M-1's new demands seem to be exactly what Zuffa agreed to previously...only problem is Zuffa will no longer be offering that. Also, Vadim said "We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce wants to extend it, they should listen to our opinion." Forget everything else for a minute. This statement alone is a huge problem. This is exactly why being Fedor's manager and promoter should be two different people/companies. It's a huge conflict of interest and apparently M1 is willing to take full advantage of the fact. Personally I would never ever do business with the individual that said this.

First of all, M-1 is a promotion first and foremost. They are just most famous for handling the number one fighter in the world. They can and still will make money after Fedor is done with the sport. Clearly changes will be made and the direction of the company will be different but it won't cease to exist. Just because Fedor is the largest part of M-1, doesn't mean he's the only part.

People are acting as if these demands are more than just business moves. Every single fighter that signs with the UFC or any organization for that matter has to terms in which they agreed upon before entering the octagon. This is not any different really. The reason they have leverage is because of who they manage. Did losses, not loss mind you but losses, stop Dana from singing Yvel? Or Nelson? The short answer is no. If you think that ONE loss on Fedor's record is going to nullify a decades worth of work, you need to reevaluate your thought process. Anderson Silva has four losses, St.Pierre has two. Fedor has one legitimate loss. If GSP or Silva weren't in the UFC do you think that their respective losses would stop White and friends from signing them to contracts under different terms than lesser fighters are signed under? I guarantee you that the UFC will still offer everything they did before, maybe with less actual pay then before.

They're right regarding Strikeforce as well. If Coker wants to keep Fedor around he will listen to what M-1 has to say about the situation. Sounds a little harsh maybe but it's business. Not sure why people like Couture haven't gotten any shit for pulling the same kind of thing before. They know that Fedor is still regarded as one of the, if not THE greatest fighter of all time. He still has mileage on him to say the least. They have a valuable commodity and they're going to get the most out of it. Yes, it sucks that we probably will never see him fight the Lesnars and Carwins of the UFC, but it's simple business.

Funny though how you say that you aren't supposed to make demands after a loss. I could have sworn that Werdum did the same thing. Not to mention that Couture only came back after being promised a title shot. Funny how things work.

First of all, M-1 is a promotion first and foremost. They are just most famous for handling the number one fighter in the world. They can and still will make money after Fedor is done with the sport. Clearly changes will be made and the direction of the company will be different but it won't cease to exist. Just because Fedor is the largest part of M-1, doesn't mean he's the only part.

People are acting as if these demands are more than just business moves. Every single fighter that signs with the UFC or any organization for that matter has to terms in which they agreed upon before entering the octagon. This is not any different really. The reason they have leverage is because of who they manage. Did losses, not loss mind you but losses, stop Dana from singing Yvel? Or Nelson? The short answer is no. If you think that ONE loss on Fedor's record is going to nullify a decades worth of work, you need to reevaluate your thought process. Anderson Silva has four losses, St.Pierre has two. Fedor has one legitimate loss. If GSP or Silva weren't in the UFC do you think that their respective losses would stop White and friends from signing them to contracts under different terms than lesser fighters are signed under? I guarantee you that the UFC will still offer everything they did before, maybe with less actual pay then before.

They're right regarding Strikeforce as well. If Coker wants to keep Fedor around he will listen to what M-1 has to say about the situation. Sounds a little harsh maybe but it's business. Not sure why people like Couture haven't gotten any shit for pulling the same kind of thing before. They know that Fedor is still regarded as one of the, if not THE greatest fighter of all time. He still has mileage on him to say the least. They have a valuable commodity and they're going to get the most out of it. Yes, it sucks that we probably will never see him fight the Lesnars and Carwins of the UFC, but it's simple business.

Funny though how you say that you aren't supposed to make demands after a loss. I could have sworn that Werdum did the same thing. Not to mention that Couture only came back after being promised a title shot. Funny how things work.

Dude, you need to ease up off your Fedor nuthuggery and listen to what I am saying. Nowhere did I say this loss nullified decades worth of work, but since you want to play that game, his "loss" to Kohsaka was sweet karma for his fight with Arona and somehow getting the W on that fight. He shouldn't have even moved on in that King of Kings Tournament to face Kohsaka. So, here's the deal, dude. You say that his cut would have been ruled a NC here in America so, therefore, it's not legitimate, well, the rules for Kings state that he HAD to continue or it was a loss, guess what, he couldn't continue, therefore, it's a loss. I say that, in America, Arona would have won that fight via LnP, however, Kings scores the fights based on whether or not fighters attempt to finish the fight. Takedowns mean little to nothing. So, you're fine with the Arona win. You can't have it both ways. He has two losses not one. That's still a great record, but now it's the same as GSP's.

Also, if you look at my posts, I HAVE given Couture shit. I openly came out on these threads stating my dislike for Couture and I didn't understand why so many people nuthugged a guy who's lost 1 fight for every 2 he's won. Coker and Strikeforce have an absolutely ******ed business practice. Rogers loses in his shot at the WAMMA belt and gets an immediate shot at Overeem? This is fucking ******ed. Strikeforce deified Fedor. This basically said that a loss to the MMA god was good enough to get you a shot at our ACTUAL champion. The WAMMA belt is a fucking joke. Both of their fighters have lost since gaining it, and neither one of them lost the belt. Shit, Aoki WOULD have won Melendez's title, but I think it's funny that Melendez isn't the WAMMA champ.

What you're missing here, is that the UFC does NOT need Fedor. They don't need the poison that is M-1. If you legitimately think that M-1 will thrive after Fedor loses a couple more or retires, then YOU need to reevaluate your thought process. M-1 banks on Fedor AND Fedor is part owner. In every sense of the business world, this is considered conflict of interest. If you need further proof that M-1 will tank after this, we're already 3/4's of the way through 2010 and M-1 hasn't held their annual tournament. Which, by the way, the Russians and Red Devil have won the last two years. Why don't you look at promotions who put all their eggs in one fighters basket, EliteXC come to mind? We can go to their next fight, if you want...oh, wait, we can't because once Kimbo lost, they folded like Goulet after taking a shot to the chin. Fedor has NOTHING to offer the UFC that they don't already have. Lesnar, Velasquez, Dos Santos, Nelson, Carwin, they would all destroy Fedor. Don't even cite me crap like HMC and Tim Sylvia, etc...These men are actual athletes who are complete beasts of men. Fedor hasn't fought a meaningful fight since his last win Cro Cop. Matter of fact, Fedor kept grabbing the ropes against Lindland which prevented Lindland from taking him down.

My point, were you to have listened, was that M1 isn't in a position to negotiate. Why on earth with UFC co-brand ONE fighter, especially since that fighter just lost to a man the UFC just cut. M1 doesn't even have a product TO co-brand. They've held one fucking show in three years. They didn't even ALLOW Fedor to fight at that show, instead they booked him in a dumbass grappling contest against someone he should beat 100 times out of 100.

Here's another thought, why would Dana do business with a company that says "1. We would like to receive guaranteed payments. I know that if we agree for percents, they will cheat us." Fuck you, Vadim, your main dude just lost, end of fucking story. Flat out saying you KNOW the UFC will cheat you out of money is the stupidest thing you can do if you WANT them to negotiate with you. What you're missing, armbar, is that Vadim says all of these outlandish comments while making his demands, and expects these companies to really sit down and negotiate with him. He doesn't have a product anymore. There's two fights left for Fedor that anyone really want to see in SF, a rematch with Werdum and Overeem. After that, nobody cares. I didn't care when he fought Sylvia, I didn't care when he fought Arlovski, I CERTAINLY didn't care when he fought Brett Rogers. Maybe you cared because you love Fedor so much, but most MMA fans, did not care. Sylvia is an absolutely horrible fighter who was only UFC champ because of how crappy the division was. Arlovski lost his belt to Sylvia and became basically irrelevant, not to mention that Arlovski fights EXACTLY like Fedor, only he's worse in every category. Brett Rogers....I'll leave that one alone. Fedor hasn't had a meaningful fight against a decent opponent in 5 years. When he did have one, he lost.

Dude, you need to ease up off your Fedor nuthuggery and listen to what I am saying. Nowhere did I say this loss nullified decades worth of work, but since you want to play that game, his "loss" to Kohsaka was sweet karma for his fight with Arona and somehow getting the W on that fight.

Yeah but see, you did say that. You said that M-1 had lost their only commodity because of his loss. You hinted that he is no longer a commodity by saying that. Sounds to me like you did indeed say that because of this loss he is no longer wanted or needed. Correct me if you never said that.

So, here's the deal, dude. You say that his cut would have been ruled a NC here in America so, therefore, it's not legitimate, well, the rules for Kings state that he HAD to continue or it was a loss, guess what, he couldn't continue, therefore, it's a loss. I say that, in America, Arona would have won that fight via LnP, however, Kings scores the fights based on whether or not fighters attempt to finish the fight. Takedowns mean little to nothing. So, you're fine with the Arona win. You can't have it both ways. He has two losses not one. That's still a great record, but now it's the same as GSP's.

Actually I never said that his loss should have been a NC here in America nor am I debating that it wasn't a loss. It was a loss, it's on his record. I'm saying that it was bullshit, as in a shitty way to put a loss on your record. Hence why I considered his loss to Werdum his first legitimate loss. A third grader could read between those lines dude, don't act stupid. Could Arona have won his fight with Fedor had it taken place in the current UFC? Possibly, but a majority of people still judge that in Fedor's favor regardless. Not sure how I follow you when you say that I want to have it both ways. I think, as do tons of others, that Fedor won the fight against Arona. I honestly don't understand what this has anything to do with what we're discussing. I'm arguing his fight with Arona nor his loss to Werdum, not even the fact that he now has two losses. Simply stated that everyone that isn't a Fedor hater understands that one of the losses is basically an asterisk. A loss? Yes. Did anyone hold that loss against him until Werdum? No, hence why people referred to him as undefeated.

Also, if you look at my posts, I HAVE given Couture shit. I openly came out on these threads stating my dislike for Couture and I didn't understand why so many people nuthugged a guy who's lost 1 fight for every 2 he's won. Coker and Strikeforce have an absolutely ******ed business practice. Rogers loses in his shot at the WAMMA belt and gets an immediate shot at Overeem? This is fucking ******ed. Strikeforce deified Fedor. This basically said that a loss to the MMA god was good enough to get you a shot at our ACTUAL champion. The WAMMA belt is a fucking joke. Both of their fighters have lost since gaining it, and neither one of them lost the belt. Shit, Aoki WOULD have won Melendez's title, but I think it's funny that Melendez isn't the WAMMA champ.

Okay well I'm glad to see we agree on Couture, though I have no dislike towards him at all. I was pointing out the fact that he has strong-armed the UFC before but nobody talks about it like they talk about M-1 or Fedor. Also agree on what you said about SF's business practices and match making. They don't have a lot to work with however, especially in the HW division. The WAMMA titles mean very little, yes. Still not sure you have discussed any points I have brought up though. I never mentioned the legitimacy of those titles.

What you're missing here, is that the UFC does NOT need Fedor. They don't need the poison that is M-1. If you legitimately think that M-1 will thrive after Fedor loses a couple more or retires, then YOU need to reevaluate your thought process. M-1 banks on Fedor AND Fedor is part owner. In every sense of the business world, this is considered conflict of interest. If you need further proof that M-1 will tank after this, we're already 3/4's of the way through 2010 and M-1 hasn't held their annual tournament. Which, by the way, the Russians and Red Devil have won the last two years. Why don't you look at promotions who put all their eggs in one fighters basket, EliteXC come to mind? We can go to their next fight, if you want...oh, wait, we can't because once Kimbo lost, they folded like Goulet after taking a shot to the chin. Fedor has NOTHING to offer the UFC that they don't already have. Lesnar, Velasquez, Dos Santos, Nelson, Carwin, they would all destroy Fedor. Don't even cite me crap like HMC and Tim Sylvia, etc...These men are actual athletes who are complete beasts of men. Fedor hasn't fought a meaningful fight since his last win Cro Cop. Matter of fact, Fedor kept grabbing the ropes against Lindland which prevented Lindland from taking him down.

Love how you call out my Fedor nuthuggery (which I am very proud of but never does it make me bias in any way) and yet you so clearly display your hate for him and M-1. Never in my post did I say that the UFC needs Fedor. Yes I believe that M-1 will continue without Fedor. Even when he retires he is still going to be partial owner. They will continue to promote and expand. It will be different, but it will live unless the owners decide they don't want to continue. They will not be forced to close, they could ride off of Fedor's name for as long as they want. Comparing Fedor to Kimbo is...I cannot even think of the words to describe the utter ridiculousness of this comparison. Elite folded because they put everything on KIMBO FUCKING SLICE. If you think, in any way, there is a comparison you should never be allowed to watch mma ever again.

Only right NOW does the UFC have the best heavyweights in the world. Seriously, how short are the memories of mma fans? Sylvia was ranked in the top ten when they fought, as was Rogers. You have a UFC HW champ who has only recently added his third ranked fighter to win resume. Carwin beat Mir to get a title shot. Oh and an overrated Gonzaga. They are giving Roy Nelson an eliminator fight after a win against Struve for crying out loud. I'm not saying that any of those names are cans or couldn't beat Fedor, but who the fuck have they beat? Even Cain's biggest win was against a tired old dog in Nog, and before that it was a decision win over Kongo. Sound impressive? Not so much.

My point, were you to have listened, was that M1 isn't in a position to negotiate. Why on earth with UFC co-brand ONE fighter, especially since that fighter just lost to a man the UFC just cut. M1 doesn't even have a product TO co-brand. They've held one fucking show in three years. They didn't even ALLOW Fedor to fight at that show, instead they booked him in a dumbass grappling contest against someone he should beat 100 times out of 100.

You don't seem to understand what I have said. Mark fucking Hunt has some very impressive wins. Do you think he is going to come to the UFC and cause a hurricane of knockouts? Only if he's on the receiving end. There are ENDLESS examples of fighter A beating fighter B who beat fighter C but then lost to fighter A and so on. It has been said but apparently idiots cannot understand that mmath doesn't work. EVER. Fedor made a mistake. I have given Werdum all of the credit in the world for making the most of Fedor fucking up. If there is to be a rematch, I could see Werdum winning again if Fedor goes to the ground like that once more. Does that mean that Dos Santos could beat Fedor? Possibly, but my point is that every fight is different. Are you seriously saying that Dana doesn't want Fedor? Anyone in their right mind would call bullshit. Even if it's only in hopes that Lesnar or whomever would brutally beat him. Again you just said that they have nothing to co-promote, meaning that Fedor is useless after his loss. Didn't you open your post by saying you never said this? Proof read before you post.

Here's another thought, why would Dana do business with a company that says "1. We would like to receive guaranteed payments. I know that if we agree for percents, they will cheat us." Fuck you, Vadim, your main dude just lost, end of fucking story. Flat out saying you KNOW the UFC will cheat you out of money is the stupidest thing you can do if you WANT them to negotiate with you. What you're missing, armbar, is that Vadim says all of these outlandish comments while making his demands, and expects these companies to really sit down and negotiate with him. He doesn't have a product anymore. There's two fights left for Fedor that anyone really want to see in SF, a rematch with Werdum and Overeem. After that, nobody cares. I didn't care when he fought Sylvia, I didn't care when he fought Arlovski, I CERTAINLY didn't care when he fought Brett Rogers. Maybe you cared because you love Fedor so much, but most MMA fans, did not care. Sylvia is an absolutely horrible fighter who was only UFC champ because of how crappy the division was. Arlovski lost his belt to Sylvia and became basically irrelevant, not to mention that Arlovski fights EXACTLY like Fedor, only he's worse in every category. Brett Rogers....I'll leave that one alone. Fedor hasn't had a meaningful fight against a decent opponent in 5 years. When he did have one, he lost.

Expect them to actually negotiate? Yeah dude, they have before and they will again. How does M-1 not have a product anymore? Like I said, Silva received a different contract then other fighters when he signed with the UFC. As has money fighters that have re-singed with the UFC, they all had losses on their contracts and yet the UFC opted to renew. What makes you think that the man who has been touted as the best mixed martial artist in the world and especially the HW division would be disregarded after one loss? Not to mention that the majority of the world would pick Fedor in a rematch. Yes, Fedor is suddenly a can because of one loss. Yeah, he is no longer profitable. Just like Lesnar wasn't after his loss. You can't see me but I'm rolling my eyes right now. Yeah, enough people didn't care about Rogers/Fedor to make it into the top ten most watched mma fights in history or anything. I'm not even going to get into your comparison of Fedor and Arlovski.

He lost because he made a mistake. I don't want to take anything away from Werdum, but he won because of Fedor's mistake. That isn't even debatable; if he wouldn't have been an idiot and jumped into his guard he would have knocked him out standing. That is only a 'what if' situation though so the loss stands as is. Odd that you say Werdum was his only decent opponent, yet Werdum was barely in the top ten when they fought. Rogers, Arlovski and Sylvia were all ranked the same or higher when he fought them. Ohhhh the hypocrisy.

Okay, I'm going to try this one more time:

M1, NOT FEDOR, DOES NOT HAVE A PRODUCT. There is no reason for the UFC to attach their name to M1 IN ANYWAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. The only reason that they WOULD have attached it was because M1 has Fedor. Now, you seem like a reasonably intelligent human being. Separate the two. M1 and Fedor are NOT the same thing. People would like to think that they are, Vadim treats them like they are, but, for some reason, you are unable to separate this. Much like Dana, I completely see the difference between a fighter and a company. Does Dana want Fedor? Yes, I never said he didn't. I did, however, say that he doesn't NEED M1. Need and want are two different things. Dana has managed to build a multi-million dollar empire without any of Fedor's or M1's help. He's not going to co-brand, M1 isn't in a position to ask him to co-brand, THEIR product just dropped in value. Fedor is still a great fighter, but, as a product of M1, he's not worth the same with a loss as he was "technically undefeated."

Rogers was not in any top ten, dude. If anyone had Rogers in their top ten heavyweights they were ******ed. Sylvia was only ever in the top ten because he was a former champ and they didn't have many good HW's. Arlovski and Fedor are extremely similar as fighters, with the exception that Fedor is better in every category. Both have their base in Sambo, however, Arlovski isn't nearly as accomplished as Fedor. Both have incredibly quick hand speed that they used to their advantage in the HW division. Only difference is, Fedor focused on his technical striking far more than Arlovski ever did.

Again, the UFC will probably negotiate with Fedor, but they won't give M1 one fucking thing. Not with M1 trashing them, having a product that Dana legitimately doesn't believe can beat his best, and having attempted to strong-arm Dana in the past with their demands.

As to my Kimbo reference, he is WAY MORE well known than Fedor. Not because of his MMA or his accomplishments but because of his viral street fight videos. Fedor is known in the world of MMA, but even at a certain point, the casual fans only know that he was supposed to be unbeatable, and a large number of those casual fans just saw him get beat in a minute. You look at this from an MMA perspective. I see it as business. M1 has no other product than Fedor. Mousasi parted ways with M-1. M1 has only had one show in three years. ANYTHING they do would be expansion.

By the way, what does Mark Hunt have to do with anything? The only reason he's fighting in the UFC is because Dana OWES him contractual fights from the purchase of PFC. Dana doesn't want him there and I'll bet dollars to donuts Dana cuts him after he loses. They found a guy that can barely make 265 and competes in BJJ. Big submission specialists? Hrm, I wonder who Hunt has had problems with? Look it up, Dana didn't SIGN Hunt, he owed under penalty of law.

My memory isn't short term for HW rankings. I'm just saying that time has shown that these fighters are as good as I thought they were when they fought Fedor. I have never thought Sylvia was anything more than a really tall guy who could throw a punch and fought during a really dark time for the HW division. Arlovski was nothing more than second banana to the aforementioned fighter. Rogers NEVER belonged in the top and I NEVER put him there. Rogers is a total fucking joke and will get beat by anyone with a shred of fight experience. The fact that Sylvia got knocked out in EIGHT seconds by a 50 year old retired boxer who had no business in the octagon combined with the fact that Arlovski got knocked out by a Costco tire changer should really provide you some insight as to how good these two EVER were. And if you had Rogers in the top ten after knocking out Arlovski that tells me how deep your knowledge of MMA is. Rogers had only fought straight up cans before Arlovski. Arlovski was a straight up can when Rogers fought him. Cans fighting cans do not get you into the top ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back