• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TCU or Cincinnati: Who Should Get In?

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
The BCS standings still have TCU and Cincinnati #4 and #5 respectively and championship week is next week. Let's say that Nebraska beats Texas. It should be that either TCU or Cincinnati should be #2 provided that Cincy beats Pittsburgh. I don't think that the loser of the Alabama/Florida game is still going to the championship so if the scenario happens, who should get in?

TCU has beaten Virginia, Clemson, Utah, and BYU. They are #4 in scoring and #6 in scoring defense.

Cincinnati has beaten Rutgers, Oregon State, and West Virginia. They are 19th in scoring and scoring defense.

If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh, then I think them and TCU will have beaten the same number of quality opponents. I will have to pick TCU slightly over Cincinnati because of TCU's defense. I just think when it is time to make a big stop, I think TCU will do it more than Cincinnati. The Bearcats' offense can hang with anybody but TCU is just more of a complete team in my opinion.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cincinnati jumps over TCU in the standings provided they beat Pitt. I don't have a problem with that either as both teams will go to a BCS bowl.

Please don't hate me Shocky :)

Both team will get into a BCS game in my opinion. Even if Cinci loses to Pitt, I think they still have a good shot to get into a BCS game. But if Texas were to lose, TCU needs to get into the BCS Championship. I've been on the TCU bandwagon all year and have felt they should get heavy consideration for a championship game.

No hate involved at all. TCU and UC have been in a virtual tie in the BCS the last few weeks (a .100 difference is miniscule at best). UC gets the nod because it plays in a BCS conference though. I really can't see the voters keeping a BCS conference school out of the title game and put in a non BCS school. It's old school thinking, but people ate shit when Auburn was left out a few years ago.

To me though, it honestly comes down to this weekend, and a game not involving either team. Some feel that Cincy will jump TCU if they beat Pitt this weekend. I don't have a problem with that mind set to be honest, but I'm a homer. Going on the road and beating a top 15 team with a BCS conference title on the line is far more impressive then anything TCU has done the last 8 weeks of the season. Not a knock, but a fact.

Also look out for these games. Oregon vs. Oregon State and Clemson vs. Geogia Tech. If Oregon St. or Clemson win, then TCU and/or UC will have road wins against BCS conference winners, something that Florida, Alabama, or Texas can't say. Hell if Oregon wins Boise St. can say they beat a BCS conference winner.

Regardless, it just proves how inferior college football and it's postseason truly is.

This is a very tough decision. Honestly, the Bearcats should get in before TCU, based on strength of schedule. But I will be a damn liar if I say I didn't want to see TCU get in more. It has been what? 60 or so years since they have been in a championship game of this caliber while Cincinnati has been a decent team for awhile. To me it seems like a better story and a more one shot deal if TCU gets in whereas UC will more then likely gey back at some point in the not so far off future. Sorry Esteban, but I would much rather see TCU get in then Cincinnati, but I like both and would much rather see Boise State get in more then both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back