TAZ and Mike and the time paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

instantkarmaVA

Is here for the punch and pie...
I'm watching the 10/29 edition of Impact and Taz and Mike Tenay are talking about the Hogan/Dixie Cater press conference. The announcers mention that news conference happend after taping of the episode.
hmmmm.:wtf:
But aren't they covering the match LIVE at that taping? I guess they are or pretending to be. Then they do edits and have a perfect commentary for the Thursday show. OK,but they are running footage of the press conference that was filmed on 10/28. So is that breaking kayfab laws of the wrestling universe? I can see maybe TNA running a promo before the show(which they did), and other various spots. But the annouce team shouldn't talk about it while covering matches like it already happened. It's like they are there talking about Tuesday's news on the day they taped the show.
How do you feel about? It sounded strange to me when Taz and Mike taked about Hogan/Dixie while watching it tonight. Sounded like they were in the present talking as if the future had already happend. I feel its sloppy editing and/or sloppy annoucing on TNA's part. Maybe I'm looking too far into it..

haha i was thinking the exact same thing when i was watching. i guess they do the commentary live and then edit anything they have to.

i recently just started watching tna around last month and i like the whole x division and its my favorite part of the show but something about it does not feel right when im watching it. its like because its tapped it has a very strange feel to it that i do not really know how to explain. for example when i watch smackdown i know that its tapped but it does not feel tapped when i watch it. when i watch impact it feels way more tapped for some reason. idk i just think tna should get a live show i think it would really help them out and they could have just said "were showing footage of tuesdays hogan signing." instead of tenay saying "oh this happened after we taped this episode of impact." yes, to answer your question i completely agree with you it makes the show look stupid.

It's edited in later at times like these. With taped shows it's easy to do that. What you heard was likely a combination of both.

Since there's no further need for this thread, closed.

Time is irrelevant.

Damn you KB. I had plans for this thread. When Taz and Mike break the fourth wall down like that, it lets the fans take a peak in at the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back