taker to be screwed at wm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ending the streak with a screw job would be pointless. Have HBK be the referee yes adds more star power to the match but don't have him screw over Undertaker.

Ending the streak with a screwjob ending almost certainly won't happen. The WWE could probably do a very good job, however, of making it seem as though the two long time friends plan to screw over Taker at WrestleMania. That in and of itself could be a potential selling point for the match. The idea of having HBK make a WM appearance could also lead to some more buys for the event, which I'd say would be the primary reason they'd want to go through with this in the first place.

There was talk of doing this angle last WrestleMania and the idea of HBK & Triple H sort of joining forces is an interesting one. HBK is bitter that he was unable to get the job done, twice in fact, and Triple H's ego could certainly be bruised when Taker returns. After all, on Raw, Trips pretty much said that he put Taker out of wrestling. Even though he lost at WM, his stance is that he ultimately won since Taker hasn't been seen since. Taker returning would show that Trips wasn't able to get the job done either. Neither have been able to climb the Mount Everest of WrestleMania separately, so they'll combine forces to do it. It'd also be a means of turning Triple H into a fully blown heel going up against Taker this time around.

Another possibility is that Triple H only believes or wants HBK to be in his pocket as the ref, something that HBK could be uncomfortable with. HBK could ultimately wind up calling it right down the middle, with Trips still being unable to beat Taker. A lot of people have wanted to see HBK return and his decision to call the match down the middle might lead to an HBK/Triple H feud.

The only way I see this happening is if HBK attempts to screw him over via a fast count or even laying his hands on him and then 'Taker retaliates, thus resulting in a DQ. Of course everyone would be pissed and 'Taker would go berserk, but then someone (I guess whoever is in charge come WM time) would restart the match, throw HBK out, get a new ref and eventually 'Taker would win and everyone would go home happy. Just a guess, but I'm not sold it's going to be HHH v. 'Taker Part Deux -and- even if it is, I don't believe HBK is going to be the ref.

If there is an Undertaker/HHH rematch at Wrestlemania, I don't think there is even a slight chance of Undertaker losing,

HHH is at the tail end of his career, and already one of the biggest stars in the history of the WWE. Ending the streak would be a great kayfabe accomplishment, but realistically it would do nothing for the business. HHH cannot get any more over than he already is, and will not be around that much longer anyway.

Ultimately, the legend of the undefeated Wrestlemania streak is worth more than the story of HHH finally ending it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vince McMahon loves the undertaker and does not want the streak to end. I have read it on wrestlezone more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back