• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Take it for what it's worth...

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
But my buddy, who's got a pretty good source with TNA/IW, says Goldberg and Chris Masters are coming in. One of the two will be the open challenge opponent, likely Chris Masters, and that this is all going to build toward Goldberg v. Crimson.

Again, it's something I'm hearing from a friend of a friend, so take it with as large a grain of salt as you need.

But my buddy, who's got a pretty good source with TNA/IW, says Goldberg and Chris Masters are coming in. One of the two will be the open challenge opponent, likely Chris Masters, and that this is all going to build toward Goldberg v. Crimson.

Again, it's something I'm hearing from a friend of a friend, so take it with as large a grain of salt as you need.

Goldberg should work with Roode, not Crimson.

Masters was good in his second WWE run, in the ring. One imagines him as a heel in TNA, though I think he works better as a face.

Goldberg is whatever. At least it'll finally happen. It's been rumored for the last five years.

Masters was good in his second WWE run, in the ring. One imagines him as a heel in TNA, though I think he works better as a face.

Goldberg is whatever. At least it'll finally happen. It's been rumored for the last five years.

Goldberg is huge. He's still a tremendous name that people IMO would tune in to see.

Goldberg would offer a small ratings boost, but would it be sustainable? Does Goldberg still matter in 2012, as much as he once did? Probably not. Still, it's a good move to bring in a big name like that.

EDIT: I fuckin' love Masters too.

If Masters did accept Crimson's Challenge I'd almost regret not going tonight. Almost.

Though I was really hoping for a return of someone with history.

Masters is a guy that needed a gimmick change. "He's strong." That's his entire gimmick in WWE. Give him ANYTHING else and he might get over.

I don't think Masters has to necessarily "get over" to work in TNA. No need for him to main event there. Just work good matches in the midcard, it'd be good for both parties.

All in all, though, Joey Ryan is best for the Open Challenge tonight.

If you have Goldberg coming in, you scream to the world, "We have Goldberg coming in!"

If it is Masters or Ryan, you are better off not saying anything official, teasing or lying about the possibility of Goldberg.

Good move Dixie, this rumor is going to get you 87 more buys and 459 more illegal internet streams.

It amazes me people are still concerned about what Goldberg is doing. It was more than a decade ago that he was actually relevant.

Not to fussed about Goldberg to be honest.

Masters is somewhat interesting, he's a decent wrestler, just need the right gimmick

This doesn't cut it

[YOUTUBE]J6OF_R2r2iA[/YOUTUBE]

And Joey Ryan has me sold. I wanna see more of him

Masters, yes. Goldberg, no.

And the Open Challenge guy with be Joey Ryan.

Joey Ryan is in California performing for another promotion, he's not appearing at Slammiversary.

If it's Goldberg, I'd laugh at the irony. If it is Masters, I'll laugh because I'll be happy. Loved Chris Masters in his second run, should never have been released by WWE, his in-ring skills improved ten fold, as did his microphone work. I hope he comes in and ends this abysmal streak.

It amazes me people are still concerned about what Goldberg is doing. It was more than a decade ago that he was actually relevant.

The return of superstars is always intriguing. I mean Bret Hart hadn't been "relevant" in ten plus years too, but when he came back the world tuned in to see why. Granted there was a little more surrounding his return considering the reason he left in the first place, but he was intriguing nonetheless.

One thing about Goldberg: does anyone remember his 2003/2004 run in WWE? Is that really something you want to repeat?

TNA being a smaller promotion (no offense intended) it's hard to imagine egos the size of Hogan, Angle, and Goldberg all coexisting under the same roof.

TNA being a smaller promotion (no offense intended) it's hard to imagine egos the size of Hogan, Angle, and Goldberg all coexisting under the same roof.

I think Hogan and Angle are kind of taking the backseat recently though. Hogan hasn't had much airtime since Lockdown, he only addresses the situations you'd expect someone in the authority role to address. Didn't appear on Sacrifice at all, in any form.

As for Angle, his ego has to have subsided somewhat. He is in a tag team match tonight. When you think of Kurt Angle, tag team wrestling isn't something that instantaneously comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back