Tag tournament

blowjoe5

Occasional Pre-Show
I think the WWE should hold a tag tournament, with matches taking place on raw and smackdown, and the final taking place on ppv. I think the brackets should be as follows...

Kovlov & Jonson Legacy
Legacy DX

DX DX
WGTT Hart Dynasty

Hart Dynasty Hart Dynasty
Cryme Time Hart Dynasty

Jerishow E&C
Edge and Christian

I'd have WGTT put on a very long main event match with DX to get both members of the team over and keep them as a tag for a while.

Have Edge return as a surprise to partner Christian and beat Jerishow in the first round, then have Jerishow cost E&C in the second round so Hart Dyanasty win, the Edge and Jericho fued gets started with an extra dimension, and also gives Christian and show an additional fued possibility.

Have Legacy beaten by DX in the second round, with one member costing the other, whichever of Cody and Ted they want to turn face, then have the other member and Orton have a go at them, leading to further tension between the group.

No offense... but I'm really confused to what any of this means and what you're trying accomplish here. Like... your brackets don't make any sense. We appriciate your effort to start a thread and strike up discussion and debate... but can you clarify what you're getting at just a little bit please?

Like shafe, I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. Who's fighting who? Are DX fighting themselves? And Legacy? When is this supposed to happen? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but this doesn't look the least bit organized. Mentioning Edge tells me this is far in the future, but that's about all I could gather.

Ha, sorry, it was laid out fine in the text box, clearly didn't come up properly, it was supposed to be

First round:

Kozlov and Jonson vs Legacy with Legacy winning

DX vs WGTT with DX winning

Hart Dynasty vs Cryme Time with Hart Dynasty winning

Jerishow vs Edge and Christian with E&C winning

Second round:

DX vs Legacy with DX winning

E&C vs Hart Dynasty with Hart Dynasty winning

Final:
DX vs Hart Dynasty with Hart Dynasty winning

and then I went on to explain how each of those matches could play out, the benefits etc. Apologies about that.

blowjoe you've gone mad. theres no way that e&c would drop a match to the hart dynasty( granted if edge was healthy enough to wrestle) and odds are if e&c wrestled jerishow, it would end in some type of double dq or countout or one partner turning on the other, a clean pinfall would never happen. and as much as wwe would like to put legacy over, i just don't see how they could go over kozlov and johnson in an ordinary world, unless it was by some schoolboy roll-up victory.

The idea of a Tag Team Tournament is good, but there simply aren't enough teams for it. DX, I don't think, is going to have any interest in the tag titles. The "World's Greatest Tag Team" are both completely irrelevant at the moment. Edge and Christian will only tag again, maybe, if Jericho and Show are still together when Edge returns. And we don't know how long Koslov and Jackson will last.It's a good idea, but unless you only want a 4-team tournament, it would be pretty boring.

If there were enough teams in the WWE though, I think there's something else more exciting than a tournament, imo. Tag Team Turmoil.

LOL! How has no one caught that it's Ezekial JACKSON...not Johnson. Lol. I mean i know he looks, acts, and sounds like Ahmed Johnson...but he's not. Well...i don't think. It doesn't matter.

This tourney is a good idea but flawed. First off, the finals would be E & C vs. Jerishow. The Hart Dynasty is way to fresh and young to be getting those kind of rubs from E & C and DX. Secondly, Legacy should be getting the rub from DX, not Hart Dynasty. Third, Let's not rush to put E & C back together just yet. I enjoy Edge's singles work, as I do Christian.

Let's face it- The Era of great tag teams is over. This idea would be better suited for the era of E & C, Hardyz, Dudleyz, NAO, Jericho/Benoit, etc. Hell, even more recently with Londrick and MnM.

Maybe it's because WWE destroyed the Tag team division this year with the draft...

Do you remember in WCW when they drew random team and they all had tag matches and the winning teams would have a battle royal to be crowned battle bowl champion. I see that concept starting a new tag team because each team was always strange but when being forced to team together they might can see how well some of the guys work together.

Ha, sorry, it was laid out fine in the text box, clearly didn't come up properly, it was supposed to be

First round:

Kozlov and Jonson vs Legacy with Legacy winning

DX vs WGTT with DX winning

Hart Dynasty vs Cryme Time with Hart Dynasty winning

Jerishow vs Edge and Christian with E&C winning

Second round:

DX vs Legacy with DX winning

E&C vs Hart Dynasty with Hart Dynasty winning

Final:
DX vs Hart Dynasty with Hart Dynasty winning

and then I went on to explain how each of those matches could play out, the benefits etc. Apologies about that.

We basically have the same thing, but I have two changes for the first round.

Okay, if you really want this to work out, here’s how the brackets should look.

Round 1 (Notice, Faces vs. Heels)

Legacy vs. D-Generation X (this could start the feud between Ted and Cody)

Regal’s Round Table vs. The World Greatest Tag Team (Shelton and Charlie could put Jackson and Kozlov over really well)

Edge and Christian vs. Chris Jericho and Big Show (this could send Jericho and Show back to singles competition)

Cryme Tyme vs. The Hart Dynasty (this is the push the Foundation needs)

Round 2 (Notice, still Faces vs. Heels)

D-Generation X vs. Regal’s Round Table (DX could still put Regal’s team over by winning. It works for Legacy doesn’t it)

Edge and Christian vs. The Hart Dynasty (with help from the female Anvil, the Harts make it past E&C)

Finals (Notice, yeah, you get it)

D-Generation X vs. The Hart Dynasty

Winners
The Hart Dynasty (with a surprise appearance by the Hart Foundation!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back