• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag Team Turmoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
As The Miz & Big Show are the current Unified tag champs, and neither has any obvious plans going into WrestleMania, anyone else think that the sole reason they were given the titles was so they could participate in a multi-man match at WrestleMania? They could've just put both in the Money In The Bank match, but for the past two years Big Show has done something close to significant, maybe he's above the match, even though he was supposed to be part of it last year.

WWE likes to have matches at WrestleMania where they can fit all the people they deem to be important, last year they had a Diva's battle royal and they've had battle royals in previous years, they've had Money In The Bank matches, Cruiserweight Invitationals and 4-way tag matches. So what do you think is the most likely option this year?

From the title it's obvious I think it'll be a turmoil match, Big Show & The Miz can easily work their way through Cryme Tyme, Goldust & Yoshi Tatsu, The Hart Dynasty and others, until they come across MVP & Henry and The Great Khali & Matt Hardy, who should pose them more problems, before a surprise team comes out and beats them.

Anyone else have a different idea of what they're going to do?

I think they'll just be paired up against a Smackdown Big man/Small man team. Like you said, Khali and Matt. I don't think they'll put Matt in the MITB this year. Matt's a goner, and I doubt he'll get a push and this is really the only way you could fit Khali in. It'd be a filler, but at least it keeps Big Show out of a world title match. I don't really like that much anyway.

If they do go with a turmoil match, I see Show and Miz retaining. I don't think any other team winning it would do the belts any good, and this is a good way to keep Show occupied and push the Miz.

i reckon they have only given them the belts to give them both something to do wrestlemania, (more the big show than the miz as he has the us belt)

But i reckon they will destroy tatsu'goldust cryme time and The Great Hardy, they will build them up to be unstoppable then lose to a legit tag team like the heart dynasty so they can get a big push and seem like a worthy tag team. That will then free up the Miz so he can reach main event level

I'm actually not too sure if they are going to have a tag team title match this year. I mean the tag titles are not usually shown too much repect around Wrestlemania time, with last year being a good example. I have a feeling that MITB is going to be the sole multi-man match this year and I reckon that both Miz and Big Show will be in it. They could possibly qualify via a tag team qualifying match. I actually wouldn't mind the two of them in MITB because having the tag champs in there against each other could create a couple of interesting moments. On the other hand, I wouldn't particularly like to see Big Show in there as he would slow down what is supposed to be a fast paced match and Miz perhaps deserves a more meaningful WM spot due to his recent improvement as I wouldn't see him winning it.

So, whilst I don't think this will happen, I would actually prefer to see a tag team turmoil match featuring Miz and Big Show. I was actually watching Backlash 2005 only yesterday and the tag team turmoil match is pretty good depite it featuring some horrible teams like the Heart Throbs and Maven and Simon Dean. So, I think if you throw ShowMiz, Hardy and Khali, Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty and one of MVP and Henry or Goldust and Tatsu together, then it could be a fun match which would take up some time.

Fortunately with the announcement of an MITB ppv later in the year it looks extremely likely that this will be happening.

I see either Hart dynasty take it, they seem to be on a roll at the moment, beating the great hardy recently.

Also it depends on whether Miz has to defend his US title aswell because if that happens then tag match there will not be!

IMO i think a great thing to do with that tag titles would be a 4 team tag title elimination style match

put Miz/Show in one Corner
along with Crime Tyme,Hart Dynasty, and another tag team(a few options for the last team)
and have them wreslte with the last team standing wins
but make it so say if Miz gets pinned Show is still in the match and can win it for his team

it would make for a very exciting match IMO

I would love for Miz to have a singles program going into Mania, but his work with Show so far hasn't been bad at all. If they aren't going to have him defend the US title I can see them doing the tag turmoil thing. Thing is they're still doing MITB this year, so a lot of wrestlers will already be taken up by that match. If they don't have enough teams for a tag turmoil match then I see creative sticking ShowMiz in the MITB match.

I am pretty certain that the Tag Titles are getting defended at Mania, and I was thinking that the only team I would want them to face is The Hart Dynasty, but that won't work because both teams are heels.

So maybe we get a four way tag title match?
Morrison and Mercury
Miz and Show
The Hart's
MVP and Henry

Hopefully either The Hart's or ShowMiz would win it.

I am thinking a tag team Battle Royal for the gold. Miz/Show vs. Khali/Hardy vs. MVP/Henry vs. Hart Dynasty vs. Cryme Tyme. It gives Miz and Show a title defense. A Battle Royal will be a little more unique than a sloppy and poorly executed four-way for the titles. It will be a clash of the titans with Show, Khali, and Henry. It just works on many levels. Plus, it gets 10 guys on the card. And it can obviously do wonders for Miz if Show is eliminated and he is left battling giants like Khali, Henry and toppling them all. It can also plant the seed for a feud in the future because maybe Miz will then feel that the Big Show isn't his equal and after toppling all these giants, Miz might feel he doesn't need Show at all. It also keeps Big Show, Miz, MVP, and Henry out of Money in the Bank.

It also keeps Big Show, Miz, MVP, and Henry out of Money in the Bank.

Miz and MVP wouldn't be bad in the MITB just it would be much better not to see show and henry in the match slowing down the pace of it.
Seeing a tag team turmoil in wrestlemania would be good as i would love to see Tatsu/Dust just to see Goldust actually put in a match on pay per view but also Cryme Tyme,HD & Khali/Hardy might be good(if khali is kept out of the match).

Tag Team turmoil probably wouldnt produce anything significant for the night itself, except either crushing all other WWE teams in a matter of minutes by being squashed too quickly or having a team score a quick win to be new champs that wouldn't be too meaningful until the series of rematches in the coming PPVs.
Im more in favour of a more dramatic match 2 on 2.

Every year there is some sort of match, occasionally a dark match, but some sort of match that shoehorns as much of the talent into it as possible. I think this year we might see some sort of tag gauntlet or something to that effect - Cryme Tyme, ShowMiz, Khali/Hardy, MVP/Henry are all popular enough to be on the show, but without any current feud. Add in the Harts, Tatsudust and something like Primo/Masters and Carlito/Chavo and you could have the annual clusterfuck all over again. t won't be good, but it's the sort of thing that Mania delivers every time.

Honestly I think we are just going to see ShowMiz defend the titles against Hardy and Khali. The E will make them seem like they are capable of taking the straps, but we all know that wouldn't be the case. No matter how bad Khali is, the guy is a freaking giant and he could balance out the Big Show in terms of height. Thus Hardy and Miz cancel out in terms of size. The match would be pretty dull, but a solid filler that sees ShowMiz go over.

A Tag Team turmoil is a solid idea though, as it gets everyone on the card who wouldn't be otherwise. Guys like MVP/Henry (though I expect one of them to get into the MITB), Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, etc... Either way I don't see ShowMiz walking out of Mania without their tag team titles.

I don't really see a tag team match coming here. There are just a bunch of other thrown together tag teams that no one really cares about. Sure, it'd be an excuse to get them all on the show, but would likley be quite shit for the most part.

I think they could have Miz involved with a celebrity of some sort. Big Show can participate as well. Miz is obviously somewhat of a pop culture icon, at least for a wrestler, and this seems to be his time. A celebrity feud can give him some exposure and possibly get some Real World fans interested in the WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back