• New Aged Outlaws

• Hollywood Blondes

• The Public Enemy

• Smoking Guns

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
As we all know tag teams ruled back in the 90's, even more in the 80's. In the 90's we saw some amazing tag teams come through and they gave use some amazing matches...

Who would you have to say was the tag team of the 90's??

Please post in the poll and verify your answer!!

I would have to choose The Steiner Brothers... IMO they ruled the 90's especially from the years 1990 to 1997...they put on some amazing matches, one of their matches got a 5 star rating from Dave Meltzer..they are on of two teams to have won the WWF, WCW and IWGP world tag titles in wrestling history and the only team to do it all in the 90's.. In the 90's they also performed in every promotion at the time...WWE, WCW, NWA, NJPW and ECW...

Who would you say was the tag team of the 90's??

Moderator said:
THIS THREAD IS TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE TAG TEAMS OF THE 90'S, IT IS NOT TO COMMENT ON WHO SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T BE ON THE POLL. IF YOUR FAVOURITE TEAM ISN'T ON THE POLL, VOTE "OTHER" THEN TALK ABOUT THEM IN THE THREAD, AND MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A REASON WHY THEY ARE THE BEST. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, THERE WILL BE INFRACTIONS IF YOU DON'T COMPLY.

Now my fav tag team of all time is the Legion of Doom or the Road Warriors whatever you would like to call them. They had a big impact in the 80s and did not start slowing down till the late 90s winning 2 wwe tag titles in the 90s and appearing in wcw as a threat to sting and lugers reign as tag champs although never winning them. Now while they were still strong in the 90s they didnt make the impact they did in the 80s so there is one team I'm thinking of that was the best team in the 90s and helped relaunch wrestling as a must see show. Maybe you know them.... Ohh you didnt know, your a** better call somebody. I'm talkin bout the former 6 time Tag Team champions of the wooooooooooooooorld the road dogg jesse james the bad a** billy gunn the new age outlaws, and if your not down with that I got 2 words for ya s*** It

I love the Steiners too but I had to give the slight nod to LOD in that tiebreaker. They had that intimidation factor that just said "Bring it!" to other tag-teams while the Steiners had that All-American boys look (Scott far more than Rick!). LOD was also booked far more solidly as a team (besides that abortion of a LOD 2000 run and maybe their time in WCW in the late 90s).

Just behind the other two would be Harlem Heat. Sure you've had black tag teams before this (like DOOM, the team of Ron Simmons and Butch Reed), but people actually gave two shits about Harlem Heat and they proved to be right up there in WCW as one of the best teams.

You missed one of the tag teams that held the World Tag Team Championship in the WWE longer than any other in the decade (tied with the New Age Outlaws): Money Inc. Each team held the championship for 411 days (Money Inc. over 3 reigns, the Outlaws over 5 reigns).

Wow...a tough choice. I agree that The Dudley's should be on the list.

My instinct tells me to pick one of the big names like the Road Warriors or the Steiners. I am going to have to stray from the list and pick.....Money Incorporated. Yes, Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster (IRS).

Money Inc. was only a team for a short amount of time (1992-1993), but they held 3 WWF tag team titles...and the beat both the Steiner Brothers and LOD for the straps (they also beat the Natural Disasters).

The union of DiBiase and IRS also led to the formation of the Million Dollar Corporation.

I loved these guys and their gimmick.

A very tough choice!

Got to go with Money Inc. Ted DiBiase and IRS both showed why they were excellent in-ring performers and created a team that was both enjoyable in the ring but also on the stick.

They were the ultimate heel tag team of their day and despite their short term together, they made on hell of an impact. They feuded with the likes of Hulk Hogan and they even beat them at WrestleMania (albeit by DQ but a win is a win). Overall they were hugely enjoyable and were one of my favourite tag teams of all time.

055MoneyInc.jpg

As far as impact goes, I can't see anybody touching The Outsiders. They were the spark of the Monday Night Wars and a former world and IC champ as a long term tag team?! How often does that happen? Personally, I thought these guys were better as singles, but as far as long term impact, these guys are top of the heap

Owen Hart & The Bulldog, they held the gold for the best part of a year and both men held singles titles during that period too.

Although they weren't a team til the late 90's I have to go with the Rock N Sock Connection.. To me they were one of the most entertaining mostly due to the fact Mankind was trying hard to befriend The Rock and Rock was giving him a hard time but tolerated him.. Their chemistry was awesome..

Then I would say from WCW, Sting & Lex Luger.. You had Luger power and agility plus Sting's Speed and strentgh in a Tagteam.. They had some great feuds with Harlem Heat and the Road Warriors and captured the gold once as a Tagteam and was real life bestfriends and seemed to work natural together..

I would've went with Owen and the Bulldog, while they may not have had many title reigns they were pretty dominant, and leading up to their almost feud they were probably my favorite heel tag team. And not to mention considering that they beat out their own family in longest reign, but they had one long run and not a multiple reigns to create the longest reign in history.

The Outsiders. I'm going for longevity and these guys had it. Hell they still are together today. When Hall and Nash showed up on Nitro, I think this may have been the thing that put the Monday Night Wars over the edge. The Outsiders were incredibly dominant and I still don't think anybody from the decade could touch them. LOD were losing their place during the beginning of the Outsiders and The Hardys and E & C were a ways away. They had a gap to show their stuff and they took it and never let go.

Hall & Nash, the best tag team of the 90s.

For me at least when I think of what a tag team should be I always compare them to the new age outlaws. They had the greatest into, even though they needed no introduction they still gave themselves one every single time, and also they had 2 words for us. They also participated in one of my top3 favorite matches in a dumpster match against foley and funk. Classic. They also were in my favorite faction. They are a rare example of b carders in a group that didnt need the leaders help to get respect. (which is a major problem for the SES now) any way heres the match I spoke ofhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hji-LbJ2AXw&feature=related

dudleys are a great team but had way more influence\ titles after 2000. and i love hall\nash but they were part of a bigger picture (nwo) and werent really a stand alone tag team like the others. and as great as lod was, they fizzled in the 90's, nt thrived. but my top 3 dominated and kept the titles for xtended periods of time. money inc, harlem heat, steiner bros. if you were to be considered as a great tag team in the 90's those were the teams to beat. these posts are always good but sometimes people forget what time period a team was greatest just because they like them.

Not sure you could really go with any team in ECW(two all over the places with 4v4 tag team matches and craziness). I love ECW and miss it everyday. Eliminatiors with TOTAL Elimination was great as was the Gangstas and RVD/Sabu.
As Far as the best tag team of 90s. It has to be either Harlem Heat or Outsiders. I would say Outsiders because of their impact and the fact that HH got a rub from Outsiders being in WCW. HH and WCW grew with the Outsiders coming in.

I would have to say Outsiders,Hall and Nash really took the Tag Team Division by storm..coming over from the WWF to WCW, they went from being singles stars in the WWF to being a great tag team in the WCW. Not to mention they were the most dominant tag team in 1996 and 1997. They were 6 time Tag Team Champions. Plus, they are the current TNA Tag Champs, yes its under "The Band" Rule. But i still consider the Outsiders to be the tag team of the decade. And plus, they beat the Steiner Bros at Superbrawl 8 to win 1 of their 6 tag titles, yes with controversy, but it was still a victory

Being one of the biggest LOD marks in the world i would have to say the steiners cuz they started the 90's kickin ass n they ended the 90's kickin ass, actually worked all through the 90s winning titles. The last cpl yrs they were single wrestlers but was together w the us and tv titles respectively. Thats the diff between the steiners n everybody else on the list they did work all through the 90s some had a cpl of good yrs some had some shitty yrs but they didnt do it for 10 strong like rick n scott

A lot of great tag teams on the list. But i'm really going by accomplishments, but instead I'm going with impact. None other then the Outsiders.

Yes, they were heels, but the people loved them. They were great on the mic, and they started one of the best angles in professional wrestling. They beat good teams, and people just had to watch them.

I picked the outsiders mostly due to impact. I know so many had accomplishments greater then the two. But not too many had an impact on the Wrestling world, as those two did.

I couldn't picture LOD and Hulk Hogan doing the nWo angle. So, Nash and Hall, they were two main eventers, who formed a great tag team to help promote the biggest angle in WCW's time.

I'm gonna go with Harlem Heat. It's hard to argue against 10 Tag-Team Championships.

They had really good to great feuds with The Steiners, The Nasty Boys, and The Outsiders.

Dudleys and Natural Disasters should have been on there instead of the Smoking Guns and the Hollywood Blondes. Anyway, I voted for Hall and Nash.

I will agree that maybe the Smoking Gunns could be removed however, the Hollywood Blondes was the best thing going in WCW during their tenure as a tag team. 2 guys who were not supposed to be a tag team as Austin was gonna get a big singles push and they made it work big time they were never supposed to be tag champs even they were an odd ball tag team like a lot of WWE's pairings but they became legit by having a team name and matching attires which a lot of legit teams need. So even though I didnt pick them never remove the Hollywood Blondes from a tag team of the 90s list

Owen Hart & The Bulldog, they held the gold for the best part of a year and both men held singles titles during that period too.

100% agree. They saved the division and fit seamlessly into main events when facing Austin and HBK and Austin and Dude Love. They were integral to WWF programming during 96 and 97.

I will agree that maybe the Smoking Gunns could be removed however, the Hollywood Blondes was the best thing going in WCW during their tenure as a tag team. 2 guys who were not supposed to be a tag team as Austin was gonna get a big singles push and they made it work big time they were never supposed to be tag champs even they were an odd ball tag team like a lot of WWE's pairings but they became legit by having a team name and matching attires which a lot of legit teams need. So even though I didnt pick them never remove the Hollywood Blondes from a tag team of the 90s list

Well, after making a poll myself, I learned WrestleZone lets you put 15 options in a poll. OP only used 11, you could add 4 more teams without taking any out.

My choice has to be the New Age Outlaws. There in ring work was shit, but, the way the came down to the ring was great for me as a little kid. OH YOU DIIIIDNT KNOW? WEELLLLLLL YOO ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS BETTER CALL SOOOOOMMMEBOOOODYYYY (sorry i had to). As another poster said earlier they were One of the main focus's of DX (the entire group was showcased well it seemed like one of them always had a belt.). A close second would have to be the steiner brothers, i didn't get to see much of them because when they broke up i was 4, but, when i got older i saw how different there tag matches were then everybody else's and how athletic they really were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back