Tag-team Money in the Bank

619Edge619

Dark Match Winner
If things go the way I hope they do and the WWE develop a lot of tag-teams in two or three years time and they are still running the Money in the Bank PPV. Wouldn't it be great to see four tag teams battle it out for a the briefcase?

Because it would be tag-teams instead of individuals, it would be something new and refresing. You could see unseen tag team moves because ladders would be involved and maybe someone getting on someone's shoulders to get the case, or a twist heel turn and one half of the tag-team walking away with the case? So many different ways in which this match could end with.

Your thoughts on this ?

The concept has pretty much been done before. At Armageddon 2006 they had the four teams in a ladder match for the tag titles. I loved that match though, I wouldn't mind if they had another.

i would love to see more tag teams back on raw\smackdown. it would give wwe some more depth with storylines & think a mitb match would be great. some of the best matches in the attitude era were the tag ladder matches. alot of high impact moves, fast paced action and very memorable moments.
i hope they dont ruin the idea before we get a chance to see it.

No, it wouldn't work. First of all, the whole point of the original MiTB matches was that it could be cashed in on ANY world champ on any brand. If the tag titles were in the briefcase the surprise element is taken away. Yes, the holder(s) can cash in whenever but the match is set in stone. This is why I am not a huge fan of these new brand specific MiTBs at the upcoming PPV because that tiny element of the surprise is taken away.
Also, the division isn't strong enough at the moment for four teams to go at it without re-using at least 2 of the teams the next year.
If it were to be booked for the MiTB PPV, I would imagine it would be The Uso's, Dudebusters, Hawkins/Archer.... And that's it. Truth/Morrison are in the RAW match but I don't think it's the lack of participants that's the big issue; it's the fact that the match itself is almost booked once the final bell has rung. Back in the day during the first couple, there were so many possibilities. Superstars could switch brands and surprise champs. This can't be done with the tag titles. The titles are brand specific so it isn't a big shock if the Dudebusters appear on RAW because they'll he back on SD! the next week.

Rather than a Money in the Bank Tag match

how about another Tables, Ladders, and Chairs (TLC) Tag Match ???

Because in the past its been done with three, you wouldn't need four teams. It doesn't spoil the MITB match, and it brings back a classic in ring battle that made several of the WWE's top stars who they are today.

the only reason TLC wouldn't happen in due to the PPV named after it, and the PG rating thats being forced on us

If things go the way I hope they do and the WWE develop a lot of tag-teams in two or three years time and they are still running the Money in the Bank PPV. Wouldn't it be great to see four tag teams battle it out for a the briefcase?

Because it would be tag-teams instead of individuals, it would be something new and refresing. You could see unseen tag team moves because ladders would be involved and maybe someone getting on someone's shoulders to get the case, or a twist heel turn and one half of the tag-team walking away with the case? So many different ways in which this match could end with.

Your thoughts on this ?

I agree it would be great to see, and I also think they should wait until they build more teams. However it's far from a new idea. Back in the early 2000's they had many tag team ladder matches. The tag ladder and TLC matches made the Hardys, Edge and Christian, and The Dudleys stars.

No, it wouldn't work. First of all, the whole point of the original MiTB matches was that it could be cashed in on ANY world champ on any brand. If the tag titles were in the briefcase the surprise element is taken away.

I believe your point is null and void, considering whoever wins the ''RAW'' MITB can only cash in against the ''RAW'' Champion at the time...same with the Smackdown MITB !!!!

Anyway, i dont see the harm in it, its pretty much a TLC match But without The T and C ( obviously ) and with a title shot instead of the titles hanging above the ring :)

This is actually a good idea and something that I would have really liked to have seen. However, it looks as though this not going to come to fruition and I am pretty glad that it didn’t.

The problem with the Tag Team division right now, is that there is simply not enough talent to warrant having a match like this. The WWE sees that the tag divisions on each of the shows is far from spectacular and although it would have been a whole lot of fun to see this match, it really wouldn’t make any sense to set it up in the first place. If they did, it would mean that they would probably require 4 tag teams, not counting the Hart Dynasty, and that is pretty hard to come by right now.

The other thing standing in the way is how open the tag team division is anyway. The Uso’s would be the only people who could legitimately win a match like this for it to be interesting and they are already feuding with the Hart Dynasty. They don’t need to win this match because title shots are going to come pretty thick and fast in the division. I really would liked to have seen this match go ahead and I still think that it would be entertaining no matter what. The problem is that it is completely unneeded right now and to do it would be a big ol’ waste of time really. It would be like TLC matches were returning and that is only a good thing but it’s not to be this time.

This idea dose have some potential (I hate that word). The only problem I have with it right now is the lack of creditable tag teams. I think they need to build the division up more and make it seem like more teams are a threat to the titles.
As it stands right now, I don't feel any team is worthy of having the belts and that saddens me as I was always a fan of tag team wrestling.
Hopefully with all the new talent coming into the WWE, we see some new teams formed and the division gets built back up. Then I could see a tag team M.I.T.B. match taking place.

I believe your point is null and void, considering whoever wins the ''RAW'' MITB can only cash in against the ''RAW'' Champion at the time...same with the Smackdown MITB !!!!

Anyway, i dont see the harm in it, its pretty much a TLC match But without The T and C ( obviously ) and with a title shot instead of the titles hanging above the ring :)

Maybe if you didn't cherrypick sentences from my posts, you'll see I made the exact same point that you're making. The surprise element is gone from the new MiTb matches because they are only valid on that brand. I stated I was not a fan of this and that was why I would not be a fan of a tag team MiTB. I'm a huge fan of the original TLC matches because the winner got the belts; not a guaranteed title shot that no-one will remember. MiTB works for the main event scene because the world title is more prestigious than the tag belts and is defended at every PPV whereas the tag titles can go for months without being defended on PPV.

This would be a really cool match to see. I think they could pull it off, but first they would need a decent tag team division. Even if they had the match this year, they could have The Dudebusters vs. Gate Crashers vs. Usos vs. ...who? And who would give a crap about that match?

So yeah, maybe next year after they've had time to build a division, they can have the match. I really hope they do build up a good division, because tag team wrestling can be awesome. They just never actually focus on it in WWE. There's a reason TNA has pretty much dominated the PWI Best Tag Team awards for years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back