• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag Team Division Is Yours...

incrediblesim

Dark Match Winner
I haven't seen a thread like this on the last few pages in the WWE Sections so feel free to merge if there is one. My humblest apologies if so.....

Just watching RAW from this week and with Cryme Tyme back and the feud developing between the current Tag Team Champions and Cantino developing I thought with some creativity if you were given some of the underused guys in the WWE and were told to make a tag team division out of them- what would you do...

Gimmick Changes, Face/Heel Turns you name you can do it...

What I would do

Face Teams

Brian Kendrick & Paul London
Cryme Tyme
"Original Cowboys" Jimmy Wang Yang & Chris Harris
Jesse & Festus
Dreamer & Delaney
Killings & Burke

Heel Teams

Carlito & Santino
WGTT- Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
Mark Henry & Big Daddy V w/Matt Striker
MNM- Miz N Morrison
Deuce & Domino w/Maryse
The Edgeheads

Thats 12 teams. Obviously some of these guys are just using this division for a push to the top but I think its better use of talent than whats going on at the moment. Untill the next batch of tag teams come through I think this would be good for the division as a whole in the WWE.

What do you guys think?

First of all, I would have a tag title unification match. That way the competition for the teams aren't so stretched. I would start off by having a tag team battle royal, for the unified belt. I would probably make MNM, keep their belts for a while. I would then have a triple threat match between MNM, International Stars, and Rhodes and Holly. I would give the belts to Santino and Carlito in that because they would be the most over team.

Then I would make it so that each brand Raw, and SD!/ECW has tag team regulars, but sttill allow teams to travel between brands. I would try to create the best fueds I could, I would probably have the International Stars fued with Cryme Tyme, becase they are both pretty over, as well as fueds with the Edgeheads (probably with Cryme Tyme after they take the belt.

Also fueds over time with Jesse and Festus, and Redneck and Reject.

Face Teams - Legitimate
London & Kendrick
Cryme Tyme
Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore
Jesse & Festus

Face Teams - Jobbers
Super Crazy & Funaki
Val Venis & Hardcore Holly
Tommy Dreamer & Stevie Richards

Heel Teams - Legitimate
Edge-Heads
The Miz & Kenny Dykstra
Elijah Burke & Ron Killings
Chuck Palumbo & Chris Harris

Heel Teams - Jobbers
Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
Deuce & Domino
Highlanders

Alternative Heel Tag Teams
Santino Marella & Carlito
Snitsky & Mike Knox
Mark Henry & Big Daddy V w/ Matt Striker

Ok. Now that the list is out of the way, some explanations.

First off, as a general rule, I wouldn't limit competitors to just tag team matches. Elijah Burke, for example, could be currently in a feud with the Intercontinental champ at the same time, but some of the slack just covered by a different tag team.

Second, I'd boost Morrison up to the main event, but keep his connection to The Miz. I'm actually a fan of The In Crowd more and more each day, and despite how badly I hated the Miz a few months ago, the guy's just improving so much lately that I can't deny how good he's getting. Morrison, I feel in a half of a year, with the right 2 or 3 feuds, he should be ready to carry one of the two top titles in the company. So, as I'm a fan of The In Crowd, as well as stables, I'd make Morrison the top of the stable, with Dykstra filling in the tag team spot. I think he could fit in very well with those two.

Third, naturally, the way to split it up would be to have 2 of the legit face teams, 2 of the legit heel teams, one jobber face, and one jobber heel on each of the two main shows (Raw and Smackdown), with the extra two jobber teams going to the merge between Smackdown and ECW, since those two are more about the lower card than Raw. To balance it out, I'd put Londrick, Cryme Tyme, Venis/Holly, Edge-Heads, Burke/Killings, and the Highlanders on Raw. Fill in the rest.

Fourth, if that for some reason didn't work, like they couldn't fit enough time on the schedules to fit it all, I'd throw out the double titles and just have one tag team championship that is defended on all three shows. A crossover title has worked before, they can do it again.

Raw - Face teams
1. London/Kendrick
2. Holly/Rhodes
3. Cryme Time
4. Jesse/Festus

Heels
1. Highlanders
2. Redneck Wreckin' Crew
3. Santino/ Carlito (Champs) Have them have the same kinda reign as E&C used to have where they'd either cheat repeatedly or narrowly win in the last seconds. Carlito's Backstabber is the perfect finisher to pull out of the blue)
4. Snitsky and someone, don't know who, some heel mid carder who can just manipulate the monster.

Smackdown/ECW - Faces
1. Wang/Moore
2. Deleaney/Richards (Tommy Dreamer needs to b used better in the mid card i.e appearing on Smackdown every now and again)
3. Kofi/Killings - Not frequently but make it known that they have each others backs. Kinda like the Brothers of Destruction team, they're not a full time tag team but more often than not these days, if Kane and Taker r gonna b in a tag match, they're on the same team
4. Super Crazy/Noble - The Insane Luchador would have made a much better impact on Smackdown, wrestling other cruiserweights, not being squashed by heavyweights every week

Heels
1.D&D - need to be developed into a team people actually care about. They just appeared on Smackdown, won the titles and have been around ever since with nothing done on their character in that whole year. Shouting your team's name at the crowd will not win support.
2.WGTT NEED to get back together. Were a great team when they first came around, split up and only Shelton got any kind of push, which even then hasn't gone any further than the mid card, and gradually slipped back down again. Hass also has no charisma on his own either.
3.Miz/Morrison
4.Mark Henry/BDV w/ Striker

These guys that aren't in established, long running tag teams, meaning they didn't debut as a tag team like Holly/Rhodes, Kofi/Killings should get singles pushes once and a while also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back