Syracuse Child Abuse Scandal

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
WOW...

This thing is getting ugly.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...sistant-bernie-fine-wife-admits-worries-abuse

Apparently, the assistant coach molested young children. Apparently his wife not only knew, but apologized over the phone to a molested child in a recorded conversation. Apparently his wife even had sex with the boy when he was 18 years old.

Also, ESPN received a copy of the recorded conversation where Fine's wife admitted she knew about the abuse, and ESPN did nothing about it. I find that, in particular, quite interesting. As a poster said in the comments:

ESPN [Oct 2011]: "JoePa reports uncorroborated molestation accusation to head of police dept. That's not enough. He should have done more. He needs to be fired."

ESPN [Nov 2011]: "ESPN did not report molestation accusation to police or public because no one could corroborate it. We did everything we could. PS, watch NCAA basketball on ESPN!"

Finally, I think this guy is still coaching at Syracuse.

Captivating story, it's crazy that she also slept with him. Sounds like a soap opera.

He is on administrative leave. I'm sure he will be fired shortly.

I would love to see every ESPN analyst so "disgusted" with Penn State now show that same disgust with the network that signs their paychecks. Of course, not one of those hypocrites will speak out.

God, I fucking hate the media.

Amen. Let's get 12 different blogs all saying the same thing about how ESPN failed in its moral obligation to the children.

I still wonder what happens in a persons mind to make them go out and molest a child.

To be fair, I don't see the attraction to children as any worse than all the other fetishes which exist in this world. People who like to suck each other's toes, people who like anal sex, who have a fat butt fetish, who dress up in leather, who roleplay, who go to the bathroom on each other, etc. All in all, I don't think a child fetish is any different than any of those others.

However, while the idea itself is nothing worse than any other fetish, the act is. Whereas those people can legally engage in their fetishes with consenting adults, those who are attracted to children cannot, and can cause irreparable harm to a child's physical, emotional and mental development. Which is what makes it so wrong.

But the attraction alone I don't really consider to be any different than any other fetish.

I still wonder what happens in a persons mind to make them go out and molest a child.

In one of the stories on ESPN.com, it talks about how Fine tried to get sex out of one of the accusers when the accuser was in his late 20s. The wife more or less said her husband wanted gay sex and was going to get it, so it sounds more to me like Fine is gay but couldn't be public about it, probably due to his profession and career as a coach where it's still very taboo to be gay. He wanted/needed/craved men and couldn't have them, so he took what he knew he could get away with. That's my guess at least.

In most cases it's about normalisation. The offender will usually have been a victim of the same abuse. Given the choice of facing of what happened to them and accepting they were betrayed, normally by someone they knew, it's easier for them to fall into a state of denial where what happened to them is actually perfectly normal and acceptable and they follow this denial through to acting it out themselves.

To be fair, I don't see the attraction to children as any worse than all the other fetishes which exist in this world. People who like to suck each other's toes, people who like anal sex, who have a fat butt fetish, who dress up in leather, who roleplay, who go to the bathroom on each other, etc. All in all, I don't think a child fetish is any different than any of those others.

However, while the idea itself is nothing worse than any other fetish, the act is. Whereas those people can legally engage in their fetishes with consenting adults, those who are attracted to children cannot, and can cause irreparable harm to a child's physical, emotional and mental development. Which is what makes it so wrong.

But the attraction alone I don't really consider to be any different than any other fetish.

I can understand where you're coming from but wouldn't a humans conscience come into play when they even think about having sex with a child?

In one of the stories on ESPN.com, it talks about how Fine tried to get sex out of one of the accusers when the accuser was in his late 20s. The wife more or less said her husband wanted gay sex and was going to get it, so it sounds more to me like Fine is gay but couldn't be public about it, probably due to his profession and career as a coach where it's still very taboo to be gay. He wanted/needed/craved men and couldn't have them, so he took what he knew he could get away with. That's my guess at least.

He didn't quite get away with it, did he? ;)

In most cases it's about normalisation. The offender will usually have been a victim of the same abuse. Given the choice of facing of what happened to them and accepting they were betrayed, normally by someone they knew, it's easier for them to fall into a state of denial where what happened to them is actually perfectly normal and acceptable and they follow this denial through to acting it out themselves.

I can never really believe in that the least bit. When I was assaulted and mugged on the street when I was walking home a few years I didn't feel the need to go out into the streets and rob people.

I can never really believe in that the least bit. When I was assaulted and mugged on the street when I was walking home a few years I didn't feel the need to go out into the streets and rob people.

There is a major difference between being mugged (as an adult I assume) and being sexually assaulted as a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back