• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor series returns!

spinningtorturerack

halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson
Hey

Just something no one has mentioned as of yet, but if you look down the list you will find that survivor series is actually there!

Good or bad thing?

Merely a misprint?

Anyone regret jumping at the mark of SS being gone?

I don't know what to say about it. Maybes they decided to keep it after all, with no gimmick PPVs good enough to replace it or they could be repackaging it a little, just a complete guess off the top of my head but triple threat elimination or fatal four way elimination for the title, to put the Survivor aspect into it. Or it could just be a typo on WWE's part and whomever edits the PPV schedule made a mistake, but again, it was took down so how could it be a mistake :S Just answered my own question there.

In regards to your title: It was never gone. We never missed a Survivor Series.

In regards to your post: IMO, I don't care if it's still around or not. To me, it's never really been that entertaining. It's like they only want to have it on their schedule just because of it's history. But in lighter news; there are some times the WWE listens to the IWC ;)

this schedule actually looks great to me, its seem like they are really cutting down on the ppv's, that was one of my problems with wwe, too many ppvs, some 3 weeks after the last, but now it seems like they'll only be 12 this year instead of 14-15, i hope it doesnt change, they could mean for build up for matches, more importance, and a uniqueness to the year, 12 ppv main events only

It's a cool event but in my opinion, it's an overrated PPV that's way past it's time. I honestly don't know how to feel now that it's supposedly still in place. The buy rates for the PPV have been low and the quality of the PPV was never really good. However, it carries a legendary status and it's legacy will continue on. Time will tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

It was only ever the name changing from what I understand, personally I think WWE should drop the survivor series name, and use Bragging Rights a two ppv series, one year hold a survivor series style ppv, and the following year a tournament style ppv to crown a king of the ring WWE Grand Prix, with the winner facing the champion at the royal rumble.

Not sure if the are keeping it, or if they released this schedule before finding a suitable name/concept for that month's ppv.

I think they should keep it and they should have a team Raw and team SD! and use this match to mix things up. I.E. everytime a Raw guy eliminates a SD! guy, that guy now belongs to Raw and vise-versa. That would shake things up atleast a little and give them a way to set up new rivalries heading to the Road to Wrestlemainia.

The other thing to do is lose it and basically put Bragging Rights in it's place. Because with the way things are on the schedule, they have 2 ppvs in October when once a month is really enough. The WWE should think about taking the "less is more" approach.

This may be a bad thing.

The WWE just doesn't carry the original gimmick around for Survivor Series.

The Elimination Tag is not worth the PPV and I would rather pay to watch a few No Holds Barred match or a PPV that ends feuds once and for all.

They should go back to the 5 on 5 tag matches or have the championship scramble matches.

Agreed, WWE creative could easily use the Survivor Series name and concept if they wished, Vince would rather load the card up like a SummerSlam or some minor PPV.

Bring in maybe 3 tag matches and a couple of scramble matches so people see the name and understand why the name is survivor series.

There have always been 4 main ppvs (the 1/4)ppvs being Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, Survivor Series and then the mack daddy itself Wrestlemania. I wouldnt change history. I give props to both opinions on changing the 5 on 5 to scramble or eliminations changes rosters. But Survivor Series was matches where winner went on to the 5 on 5 at the end. When this is all switch? At first it was cool in the early 90's, when they had captains and rid the winner goes on. But as time goes on.. it gets boring.

My next ? is why are we having the same type of match 2 monthes before at bragging rights? WWE has made a smart decision goin back to 12 ppvs, hopefully they can make up there mind with what to do with these 2 ppvs. And let's hope that they don't go 3 hours monday, and austin better be last host. TNA kicks ass and eventually will be the crown jewel, imo it already is just throw randy over even though he never leave. Bet you rtruth kicking his own ass right now aint?

Not sure if the are keeping it, or if they released this schedule before finding a suitable name/concept for that month's ppv.

I think they should keep it and they should have a team Raw and team SD! and use this match to mix things up. I.E. everytime a Raw guy eliminates a SD! guy, that guy now belongs to Raw and vise-versa. That would shake things up atleast a little and give them a way to set up new rivalries heading to the Road to Wrestlemainia.

The other thing to do is lose it and basically put Bragging Rights in it's place. Because with the way things are on the schedule, they have 2 ppvs in October when once a month is really enough. The WWE should think about taking the "less is more" approach.

I'm sorry but that just doesn't seem logical. Keep the Smackdown vs Raw on Bragging Rights and keep the 5 on 5 random teams on Survivor Series, like it's always been. Survivor Series really isn't much about story lines anymore. They have matches like Team Orton vs Team Kofi, with mini feuds being involved within the teams. But IMO that's just beating around the corner.

I have never actually enjoyed the 5 on 5 match ups, I'd prefer to see the ppv as just an elimination themed ppv like triple threats or fatal fourways with elimination rules or a battle royale even.

Also we've seen just about every ending possible for the 5 on 5, there are only so many things you can do, and I feel like it gets really repetitive.

First of all Survivor Series is one of the originals cant get rid of it. Second Elimination title matches great idea but I say move the elimination chamber to the SS. Third combinding it with Braggin Rights I could see also have the Smack Down vs Raw elimination match there. Now think bout it return mid card matches to the traditional or some kind of elimination style matches and have basicly 3 main events.

i hate these lame ppv name changes. just keep em like they were. i hate it that they changed armaggedon to tlc. that sounded like a good ppv to end the year and i hated how they changed no way out to the elimination chamber. thats the point of the chamber because there is no way out. it was basically a pun since you couldnt get out of the chamber

TNA kicks ass and eventually will be the crown jewel, imo it already is just throw randy over even though he never leave. Bet you rtruth kicking his own ass right now aint?

You cant be serious???? TnA is not and will not ever be as big as WWE. That sounds like a quote from my 4 year old niece. I think you need to have a look in the mirror, repeat what youve just told us, and see if you can keep a straight face mate!!! Anyway back on subject, i hope SS remains cos like someone said b4, its one of the original BIG 4, alonside Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Mania. I for one always enjoy survivor series, especially when it becomes like 3 on 1 at the end and you start willing the lone guy on, its comparible with the feeling i get when the clock starts ticking at the rumble !!! So i believe taking away Survivor series is takin away part of History!! Leave it be and get rid of Other PPV's such as Bragging Rights/ Hell in a cell/TLC cos having entire PPV's dedicated to those matches takes away the goodness. I dont wanna see 10 Hell in a Cell matches a year, cos it just doesnt hold the same excitement!!!

I think is good to keep it around, the original concept of it has been changed a few times but still is also a good tilte for a PPV and is a title for the older fans to relate too.

Also, If the Undertaker is not going to retire at some PPV that is not Mania (hope not yet for another couple of years), What better place that at Survivor Series where he started?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back