• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series Fantasy Matchup WWF vs WCW

Rabbid Wolverine

Pre-Show Stalwart
I can't ever imagine WWE getting rid of the SS ppv, I remember as a kid it was so much fun to watch, seeing all the stars teaming up and competing. With SS coming up I thought it would be neat to see what some of WZ's readers fantasy SS matchups would be in a WWF vs WCW battle of the 90's. Feel free to use anyone that was in both promotions but explain why you think they represented that promotion better than the other.

WWF: Undertaker, Bret Hart, HBK, Steve Austin, The Rock

WCW: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Lex Luger, Randy Savage

I would put Hogan in WCW becasue he turned the tide in the wrestling wars when he joined the NWO, thus I feel he had more impact in WCW. Also Savage to me seemed better as a character in WCW than WWF near his end (not athletic wise just character wise). Steve Austin/Undertaker need no explanation lol.

Another Match I would like

DX: HHH, Xpac, Outlaws, HBK

NWO: Nash, Hall, Steiner, Hogan, Bagwell

What would be yours?

Interesting topic. I think if I could choose a SS type match between WWE/F and WCW my teams would be:

WWF/E: Undertaker, Shawn Micheals, HHH, Stone Cold, and The Rock

WCW: Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Goldberg, Ric Flair

Yes I kept Hogan off of it because honestly, I just never thought he was that entertaining. Ric Flair, even though he had a stint in WWE/F in the 90s was always pure WCW. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall became the reason that WCW won the ratings war for so long, so I feel they should be on the WCW team as well.

my teams would be as followed.

WWF: Undertaker, Shawn Micheals, HHH, Stone Cold, and The Rock

WCW: Sting, Kevin Nash, ddp, Goldberg, hogan

i'd be satisfied enough with this match.

my teams-
WWE - Tatanka, Bam Bam Bigelow, Haku, Austin, Undertaker

WCW - Rick Rude, Booker T, Glacier, Meng, Kiss Demon

WWF
Austin, Rock, Undertaker, HHH, Hart

WCW
Hogan, Nash, Hall, Goldberg, Flair

My only other wish would be this in a Survivor Series Elimination Wargames match. That would be badass.

I love writing up fantasy match-ups.

But I'm going to go a little different here just because I can. But mostly because I feel bad leaving some that deserve to be on, off. So I'm doing 8 on 8.

WWF: Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple HHH, The Rock, Mankind, Kane, and Stone Cold.

WCW: DDP, Goldberg, Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sting, Randy Savage, and Ric Flair.

If I could Id rather use stars from the late 80's b/c that is before Flair and Hogan and several other wrestlers switched promotions and were identified soley with either WCW or WWF

WWF: Hilk Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Rowdy Piper

WCW: Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Sting, The Road Warriors

The top stars of their day in their respective promotions....I would consider dropping Piper and having team WWF consist of just 4 wrestlers b/c they have Andre and they could do an angle were he is considered equivalent to 2 wrestlers

I'm gonna put my dream match around 2001. To me this is what the invasion should have been the absolute best of WCW vs. WWF

Team WCW
Sting- WCW's poster boy. Arguably their biggest home grown star.
Goldberg- One of the most popular stars of the 90's.
Ric Flair- Another man that instantly comes to mind when you think WCW.
Hulk Hogan- As the leader of the nWo he took WCW to new heights.
Scott Steiner- Just to add some more muscle to the team. A former WCW World, US, TV & Tag champion.

Team WWF
The Undertaker- The soul of the company.
Stone Cold Steve Austin- The biggest thing to hit pro wrestling since Hulkamania.
The Rock- The 2nd biggest star of the attitude era.
Triple H- The Cerebral Assassin. The best heel world champion ever.
Kurt Angle- Olympic Gold Medalist.

A fan can dream.

For me it would be a cruiserweight match. It would seem more entertaining. Anyway, here is my list:

WWE: Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, John Morrison, Tyson Kidd and Kofi Kingson

WCW: Billy Kidman. Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, Ultimo Dragon and Chavo Guerrero

WWE/F - Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramon, Diesel, Macho Man Randy Savage, Bret Hart

WCW - Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Randy Savage, Bret Hart

I'm gonna put my dream match around 2001. To me this is what the invasion should have been the absolute best of WCW vs. WWF

Team WCW
Sting- WCW's poster boy. Arguably their biggest home grown star.
Goldberg- One of the most popular stars of the 90's.
Ric Flair- Another man that instantly comes to mind when you think WCW.
Hulk Hogan- As the leader of the nWo he took WCW to new heights.
Scott Steiner- Just to add some more muscle to the team. A former WCW World, US, TV & Tag champion.

Team WWF
The Undertaker- The soul of the company.
Stone Cold Steve Austin- The biggest thing to hit pro wrestling since Hulkamania.
The Rock- The 2nd biggest star of the attitude era.
Triple H- The Cerebral Assassin. The best heel world champion ever.
Kurt Angle- Olympic Gold Medalist.

A fan can dream.

For this time period I agree with everything you said except I would put someome else in place of Hogan for WCW...maybe DDP, Booker T or Rey Mysterio. They were all exclusive WCW wreslters and I think would have better represented than Hogan could at this time in his career.

My version would still be the SSeries format with an addition version of the WarGames:

WWF:
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
HBK
SCSA
John Cena

JCP/WCW:
Ric Flair
Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Sting
Goldberg

Great thread... Late 90's, 2001 I would pick
Team WWF: Austin, Rock, Angle, Triple H, Undertaker
Team WCW: Goldberg, Sting, Kevin Nash, DDP, Booker T,

Late 80's, early 90's I would go for
Team WWF: Hogan, Savage, Piper, Bret Hart, Mr.Perfect
Team WCW: Flair, Sting, Lex Luger, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson

For a bit of fun... unrealistic random dream match:
Team WWF/E: Angle, Benoit, Bret Hart, Jericho, Shawn Michaels
Team WCW/NWA: Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Nick Bockwinkel

i have to agree with you. I think the more intriguing SS match would be WWF vs NWA in the 80s.

WWF- Hogan, Savage, Rude, Andre, Piper vs NWA- Flair, Rhodes, Koloff, Blanchard, Sting

Great thread... Late 90's, 2001 I would pick
Team WWF: Austin, Rock, Angle, Triple H, Undertaker
Team WCW: Goldberg, Sting, Kevin Nash, DDP, Booker T,

Late 80's, early 90's I would go for
Team WWF: Hogan, Savage, Piper, Bret Hart, Mr.Perfect
Team WCW: Flair, Sting, Lex Luger, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson

For a bit of fun... unrealistic random dream match:
Team WWF/E: Angle, Benoit, Bret Hart, Jericho, Shawn Michaels
Team WCW/NWA: Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Nick Bockwinkel

I like all your picks but Nick Bockwinkel was AWA thru and thru

'I like all your picks but Nick Bockwinkel was AWA thru and thru'

Bockwinkel won a championship in the NWA, although I agree the man was AWA thru and thru.

'I like all your picks but Nick Bockwinkel was AWA thru and thru'

Bockwinkel won a championship in the NWA, although I agree the man was AWA thru and thru.

Nick Bockwinkle has never been considered a NWA guy. He had one regional NWA tiltle in the Northwest in 1963 almost 10 years before becoming "nationally" established in the AWA.

I love writing up fantasy match-ups.

But I'm going to go a little different here just because I can. But mostly because I feel bad leaving some that deserve to be on, off. So I'm doing 8 on 8.

WWF: Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple HHH, The Rock, Mankind, Kane, and Stone Cold.

WCW: DDP, Goldberg, Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sting, Randy Savage, and Ric Flair.

I see you playa...this is a 16 man SUPER tag team match up! *Teddy Long voice

My dream match is set in 1997

Team NWO led by Eric Bischoff
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Macho Man Randy Savage
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall

Team WCW led by J.J. Dillon
Sting
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Lex Luger

Team WWF led by Vince McMahon
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Triple H

WWF: The Rock, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane

WCW: Stone Cold, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Shane McMahon, Kurt Angle

Possibly the two best stables of the same era of wrestling...

Team NWO: Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Syxx, The Giant

Team Hart Foundation: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jim "The Anvil", Brian Pillman

Team WWF: Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Kane & Mankind vs. Team WCW: Hulk Hogan, DDP, Sting, Goldberg, Randy Savage & Ric Flair

(Would've put Kurt Angle instead of Kane if the OP didn't say it had to be from the 90's)

--

DX: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn vs. nWo: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, Lex Luger

--

The Hart Foundation: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog & Jim Neidhart vs. The Four Horsemen: Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko & Steve McMichael

--

The Ministry: The Undertaker, Viscera, Mideon & The Acolytes vs. The Flock: Raven, Saturn, Scotty Riggs, Sick Boy & Van Hammer

--

Kaientai: TAKA Michinoku, Sho Funaki, Mens Teioh & Dick Togo vs. Team Lucha Libre: Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis, Super Calo & La Parka

--

The Nation Of Domination: Farooq, D-Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa & Mark Henry vs. The WCW Nation: Harlem Heat, Karl Malone & Dennis Rodman

(Couldn't remember any other black wrestlers from WCW except for Vincent, so I put Malone & Rodman on the team)

--

Gangrel, Goldust, Al Snow, Steve Blackman & Ken Shamrock vs. Mortis, Wrath, Glacier, Ernest Miller & Jerry Flynn

(This one is just for shits & giggles. Both teams consist of wrestlers with horror gimmicks, crazy gimmicks and martial-arts gimmicks)

"DX: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn vs. nWo: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, Lex Luger"

I'm fine w/ your DX line-up but Hart, Henning, and Luger are not names synonamous w/ the nWo. Henning is as much nWo as he is a 4 Horseman but if anything he is Mr. Perfect from the WWF, Luger is WCW/Wolfpac(and there is a difference btwn the nWo an the Wolfpac, Bret Hart is WWF Hart Foundation not some half ass shoot off of the nWo

Team WCW- Sting, Goldberg, DDP, Flair, Luger vs. Team WWE- Austin, Rock, HBK, Undertaker, Bret Hart

Team WCW- Harlem Heat, Steiners, Faces of Fear, Public Enemy, and The Outsiders vs. Team WWE- Edge and Christian, Hardys, Dudley Boys, Too Cool, and New Age Outlaws.

Team WCW- Jericho, Benoit, Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, and The Giant vs. HHH, Foley, Goldust, Owen Hart, and Kane

I didn't include Hogan anywhere because if this is my dream, he doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back