• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series 2014, what should be the main event?

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
If anything for Survivor Series 2014, what do you believe should be the main event? Or who do you think should be in the main event? Especially if the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is being defended at this "Big 4 PPV" which has such a rich tradition in WWE being that Survivor Series has created so many stars

For me anyway, my main event for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship would be Brock Lesnar (c) vs Batista

The Beast vs The Animal is how they could market this, both men being mega-stars in their own right and not to mention Batista has been getting so much praise lately because of his performance as Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy and not to mention Batista is becoming a huge deal in Hollywood

But also Lesnar because of his UFC background and Batista with his MMA background, this match I have no doubt would have buy rates written all over this but also the unpredictability of this match alone would be perfect

Because if anyone could go toe-to-toe with Lesnar in a straight up fight it is Dave Batista

if i was doing Survivor Series 2014 around Brock Lesnar (c) vs Batista for the World title as the main event billed as "The Beast vs. The Animal." That can bring prestige back to the event. I would also have Team Authority (Kane,HHH,Orton,Rollins,new member maybe Bray) vs Team WWE (Roman,Dean,Cena,Cesaro (face turn), and Bryan or Show.) To make the event still have more big matches. I would also book the title unification match as Sheamus (US champ) vs. Miz vs Ziggler (IC champ) vs BNB (title rematch.) Mark Henry vs Rusev II , Team Brie vs Team Nikki (sadly), Gold&Star Dust (c) vs The Uso's (tag title rematch), would also have an NXT title match.

Sting I would have him debut at Survivor Series 2014 by having him show up during Team Authority vs Team WWE with Sting showing up afterwards with Sting staring down The Authority's members pointing his baseball bat directly at them with Sting's music playing with the lights going out and the spotlight being shown up high into the rafters with The Crow Sting looking down at The Authority baseball bat in hand giving a cold, blank stare into the eyes of The Authority

Screw the World Title picture, that's not going to be important for quite some time now (because Lesnar's reign is going to be boring).

What am I looking/hoping for is the return of the traditional survivor series. I know we had some last year, but I want a sense of relevancy to return to the event. Start by having about three 5 on 5 elimination traditional old school Survivor Series matches. This could cover in case Lesnar doesn't work the event (and if he's still champion by then!), while also giving young talent the chance to mix it up with some main eventers and upper mid-carders.

Hell, add 1 or 2 NXT guys to each team and see what they got. Last years event sucked, but it doesn't have to. I'd rather see a 5 on 5 main event than Lesnar wrestling the Big Show or someone else that is as unimportant as him.

I'd make a Team Rollins v Team Ambrose main event, or even a Team Cena v Team Authority main event. That way, if the WWE Championship wasn't the on the line, the WWE could have no choice but to put effort and build up into what was once a great annual tradition ;)

I would get on board with Brock v Batista. These two are experienced, big name guys and I'm sure they could overcome their limitations and put on a good match. There is a slight problem with the fact Batista should be a heel and Brock is, of course, their number one bad guy. Maybe Brock isn't champ so doesn't feature at all. I could envisage a situation where Rollins or Cena is champ. Indeed, Rollins vs Cena would be a fantastic main-event.

Taker vs Sting would have been a dream. The idea of Taker retiring at Survivor Series gives a nice structure to his career and leaves his lasting Mania moment as a memorable yet realistic one. This is very unlikely and I can't imagine either Sting or Taker appearing.

I'm sticking to my prediction that Rollins wins the belt sooner rather than later. Rollins (c) v Cena and The Authority (HHH, Batista, Orton, Kane, X) vs Team Reigns (Roman, Ambrose, Ziggler, Big Show, Henry) would be a good enough PPV for me.

This idea that Survivor Series is a massive event doesn't really hold up in the modern day. If they can bring back Batista and HHH as well as Lesnar then it would be absolutely fine. Batista v Lesnar would be big main-event that the WWE would promote the hell out of. Two guys who have had success outside wrestling and with an actual history together.

Brock Lesnar vs Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, The Beast vs The Animal should be the main event and if it is the main event then think about how much PPV buyrates you would have with these 2 in the main event especially if Lesnar is still champion by then and he does work this event, then what better way to test Lesnar's title reign than by having him face a man who is just as vicious as he could be even on his best day

Team Authority vs Team WWE 5 on 5 with Team Authority consisting of Triple H, Rollins, Corporate Kane, Orton and let's say Rusev as their 5th guy with Team WWE consisting of Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, Ziggler and Henry

Brock Lesnar vs Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, The Beast vs The Animal should be the main event and if it is the main event then think about how much PPV buyrates you would have with these 2 in the main event especially if Lesnar is still champion by then and he does work this event, then what better way to test Lesnar's title reign than by having him face a man who is just as vicious as he could be even on his best day

Team Authority vs Team WWE 5 on 5 with Team Authority consisting of Triple H, Rollins, Corporate Kane, Orton and let's say Rusev as their 5th guy with Team WWE consisting of Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, Ziggler and Henry

I've got a few issues with this one. For starters, Batista is a heel and only turned heel about 7 months ago. And I don't think he's as big as a draw as you claim him to be. Hell, he got booed out of the building, as a face, for winning the Rumble. Mind you the circumstances were different back then, but even on the weekly shows Batista was never presented as this mega star who is on the same level as the Rock or Cena. Turning him babyface quickly as November may be quite the difficult task due to how flat he was last time as a face.

Second of all.. weren't their rumours about him not even coming back to the WWE in the immediate future because he potentially might be offered more movie roles? What would you rather do, make more money and not have to perform on the road in front of live audiences.. or return to wrestling only to get slaughtered by an ex-MMA fighter, for considerably less money?

It should be Lesnar vs. Orton or Lesnar vs. Batista. For months, I've wanted Triple H to lose control of Lesnar, leading to Lesnar destroying every member of the Authority one by one. Rollins cashes in after an Authority ambush at the end of Survivor Series. It would be exciting and different.

Then, you build up Rollins as a total badass for a few months to generate interest for the Lesnar vs. Rollins rematch at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber. But hey, that's just me.

Roman Reigns - Lesnar should beat him in a Last Man Standing Match, with outside inteferrence, then severely injure him in a brutal post match beatdown, really sell it. Reigns doesn't get hurt because Lesnar needed to cheat to beat him but Lesnar still gets the win and Reigns can disappear for a few months to sell the severity of the beating, a real heel moment for Lesnar.

At that point WWE can decide how they want to approach W-Mainia as the Rumble approaches....Reigns dramatic return for revenge....Daniel Bryan's return as the ultimate under dog and un crowned champion....Cena's re birth and quest for record tying World Title win #16..... The return of The Rock. One of those is almost certainly the Mania Main Event vs Lesnar and injuring Reigns enforces Lesnar's dominance but also gives him a great built in feud to interest fans if WWE decides he is the way to go vs Lesnar at Mania.

The Animal v The Beast would look great as a marquee match, but the timing is just not right. The last time us fans saw Batista, live on Raw, he didn't get his way with the boss so he just quit and went home. Thats a heel move and means he returns with absolutely no momentum at all (unless they have come in as Drax the Destroyer). And considering big Dave has got zero chance against Brock (no one right now does except for Cena) he will only come off this match looking bad.

If Brock does beat Cena at NOC then there will be nobody on the roster who really stands a chance against him ( at least until Rumble/Mania) so I'd book Bray Wyatt vs Brock Lesner for the gold. Heyman and Wyatt could provide an easy few weeks of compelling promos the match itself would be unlike any other Brock match since his return in 2012. Bray has the numbers advantage and the ability to play mind games with Lesner, but ultimately gets conquered. I don't believe that losing to Brock will hurt Wyatt, he's almost at a point where wins and losses don't matter because his matches are so compelling.
I'd also like to see the complete rest of the card traditional Survivor Series matches. They certainly have enough players and rivalries to make them interesting, such as Team NXT vs Team WWE, The Authority vs The Roman Empire, etc.

Personally, I have absolutely zero interest in Batista vs. Brock Lesnar. I think it'd be a dull match that fans would crap all over because, as we all know, many a fan didn't exactly embrace Batista upon his return. As a result, Batista didn't get the big, glorious run that was, reportedly, initially planned for him. Allegedly, he's all in a tizzy about that and, if so, it's understandable from his point of view as this is the first time in his career that he didn't come off as "the man."

Depending upon how Cena vs. Lesnar ends next Sunday, I'd have one final bout between them to close out Survivor Series. If something goes down that winds up preventing either of them from walking out the winner, yet they put on a helluva physical match, I could see them going the route of WWE being "reluctant" to have them go at it one more time. Both men could be "injured" to the point where even The Authority is concerned for their safety, yet both men are determined to finish it once and for all. They could just beat the crap out of each other to the point where neither can continue under the present rules of the match, they could be going at it so passionately that the referee simply isn't able to control the match, Seth Rollins could attempt to interfere in the match, manages to lay both of them out, tries to cash in his MITB briefcase but is ultimately stopped by a returning Dean Ambrose, etc. Either way, the match is ruled a no contest. As a result, they both confront Triple H one night on Raw, state that they've been in contact and demand one more bout that they've come to agreement on. At Survivor Series, Brock Lesnar defends the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a Hell in a Cell Iron Man match. No disqualification, no count outs, only falls can be decided via pinfall or submission.

I know that there's almost zero chance of it happening, but I think this would be able to give Survivor Series the sort of big event feel that it's lacked for quite a while. Survivor Series hasn't really felt like one of the Big Four WWE ppvs for a fair amount of years and I think the novelty of combining the Iron Man and Hell in a Cell concepts could generate just that sort of interest.

I tend to think that at some point the Authority are going to try and screw Brock (He is after all a mercenary and 'Plan C' who isn't guaranteed to play according to their whims), maybe as early as NoC and certainly by HiaC, so I can see HHH trying to stack the deck against Brock in every way possible. I'm assuming having Orton fight him straight up followed by Kane interference and even the Briefcase cash-in will have already been done...

So I'm guessing that the Main Event will be a handicapped match, Brock Lesnar vs. The Authority. All of them. Well, except for Stephanie. But mainly Orton, Kane, Rollins, and HHH. One on Four, a deliberate screw-job.

Granted, this sounds terrible because you're trying to set Brock up as a massive heel for Wrestlemania and screwing the Authority HARD goes nowhere in that direction. You would almost have to have the Authority slowly turn face and ally itself with.... well, either Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns, one of those two.

If it was up to me, I'd want to see Team Orton vs. Team Lesnar. A Survivor Series match with big stars in it rather than a random match with mid card wrestlers.

Orton turns on The Authority after losing his patience waiting on a WWE WHC title shot after defeating Jericho at NoC. HHH predictably sends Rollins/Kane on him, however, Ambrose/Reigns comes out to save Orton.

Brock comes out and nearly destroys Orton. Cena comes out to help Orton out but he gets beat down too. Meanwhile, Big Show comes out but instead of helping Orton/Ambrose/Reigns, he turns and joins The Authority and helps The Authority finishes off whoever is left standing.

Cesaro becomes the fifth member of Team Lesnar as a favor for Heyman. Sheamus joins Team Orton just to get his hands on Cesaro.

Team Orton - Orton/Cena/Reigns/Ambrose/Sheamus vs. Lesnar/Rollins/Kane/Show/Cesaro

Lesnar come out tomorrow night, beat down with Cena, Rollins cashes in. Cena v Rollins at NoC ends in no contest due to Lesnar interference. Rollins v Lesnar v Cena Triple Threat at Survivor Series. Rollins drops to Lesnar due to Ambrose/Reigns interference.

Lesnar v Rollins rematch at Royal Rumble. Lesnar defends title. Defends at EC.

Reigns v Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Reigns wins title, Lesnar leaves WWE again.

Shield Triple Threat title match at Extreme Rules. Ambrose wins title.

Lesnar vs Batista would be a great Main Event and I think at some point we will see this. However, I would prefer Batista to return and get some wins under his belt and build himself back up.

Tapping out to Daniel Bryan, Losing to The Shield twice and walking out on WWE are still fresh in the memory. He needs a run of 3/4 PPV's looking really dominant. Kane, Orton, Sheamus and Rusev would be good opponents to do this. Royal Rumble 2015 - Brock vs Batista.

As for Survivor Series........Brock Lesnar vs Big Show looks like a lock according to reports. I dont really have any issue with this. As long as Lesnar keeps the belt and as long as WWE keeps building him then it is fine by me.

John Cena will probably need rebuilding so have him enter a programme with Rusev.

Then have Triple H, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Kane vs Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Sheamus. Have Sheamus turn heel and join The Authority.

I don't know who should be in the main event but for Survivor Series I don't really care if the title goes on the line or not, I just want to see a survivor series match as the main event.
For those who might have forgotten I mean a 5 against 5 elimination tag team match.

They could team Roman Reigns, Cena and Jericho and a couple of other guys like the Usos together and put them against Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and mizdow or something.

They could add a stipulation like if Someone pins Lesnar they get a title shot to add some meaning and some drama within the team.

I want to see a diva survivor series match too.

I think the main event for Survivor Series 2014 should be:

CeNation : Team Captain, John Cena, Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler, United States Champion, Sheamus, and WWE World Tag Team Champions, the Usos (Jimmy and Jey)

vs.

The Heyman Guys : Team Captain, WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar, The Miz, Cesaro, Goldust and Stardust

I would even go as far as adding a stipulation where the winning team wins all of the Championships. So if the CeNation wins, John Cena is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. If the Heyman Guys win, Miz in the new Intercontinental Champion, Cesaro is the new United States Champion, and Goldust and Stardust are the new WWE World Tag Team Champions.

With that being said, I do like the idea of WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. Batista. There’s something about “The Beast vs. The Animal” that sounds very interesting to me. I’d pull for Batista of course.

If Brock is still champion and Dave comes back that would be a great match. That is to many if's for me NOC (Brock loses to John, Seth comes down and cashes in Seth is champion). HIAC (Seth vs. Dean, Dean wins). At Survivor Series Brock vs. Dean, Brock gets his chance to regain the title and Dean is just crazy enough to give Brock a good fight. There are to many question marks right now with Brock's schedule, Batista maybe coming back, Roman injured, Daniel not back yet, Cena had his title shots for now, Jericho leaving after NOC, Bray losing matches, so work with what you got do the traditional 5 on 5 matches and wait here it is Dean(C) vs. Brock vs. Seth.

Brock Lesnar defending his WWE World Heavyweight Championship will definitely be the main event that closes out the show but who will be his opponent? Perhaps a Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton match for Survivor Series

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back