• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superstars who should be main eventers

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
As for superstars who should be in the main event or who should be main eventers especially if they had the right push or could be pushed if WWE Creative could simply just help bring them up more to that next level are:

1- Bray Wyatt
2- Cesaro
3- Dolph Ziggler
4- Rusev
5- Ambrose

These would be my top 5 superstars who either should be in the main event or who should be main eventers

I agree with most all those. Here's my top 5.

1. Cody Rhodes. He's extremely talented and I think with the right push and drop the stardust gimmick, he could be in the main event scene. I'm not sure why he hasn't been givin a real title run yet.

2. Cesaro. His talent speaks for itself. Far beyond tag team gold.
3. Bray Wyatt
4. Dean Ambrose
5. Rusev

It's hard for me to disagree with your choices. Here are mine:

1) Bray Wyatt - Great talker, solid worker, solid character. Time to take off the restraints.
2) Cesaro - Not the best talker but he can work.
3) Dolph Ziggler - OK talker but as good as it gets in the ring.
4) Ambrose - Can talk, work yet he hasn't been given a solid push. Just been jobbed out it seems
5) Damian Sandow - No matter what they give him he does it justice and steals the crowd. Stunt double crowd eats it up, the Intellectual Saviour,
crowd reacts. He doesn't have to be main event but for all the crap they've fed him at the very least they could give him a shot for as long as he's
been with the company.

Honorable Mention: Rusev, Reigns (although he has had some chances), Ryback, Swagger.

1 - Dolph Ziggler: There's no other top choice. With Daniel Bryan in and out due to injury, Ziggler is the best choice to be the top babyface in the company. He's one of the best in-ring workers WWE has, he oozes charisma, he's a natural with fans, and he's OVER. He's INSANELY OVER. No matter how many lame storylines WWE sticks him in, Dolph Ziggler continues to get an incredible reaction from fans. The IWC turned on him as soon as Vince started jobbing him out, because that's what IWC sheep do. But Dolph Ziggler is a main eventer already, Vince just won't let him stay there.

2 - Antonio Cesaro: (He was better with a first name) He has the in-ring ability, he has a natural connection with fans, and he is freakishly strong. The only reason he's not a main event talent is that some of the Powers That Be feel he has a bland look. Like John Cena doesn't? I can go to my local gym any evening and see five guys who look just like John Cena. All Antonio Cesaro needs to get to the top is that one major feud to set him apart from the pack.

3 - Cody Rhodes: Give Cody Rhodes crap, and he turns it to gold every time. Every one of his gimmicks should have failed, and they all succeeded because Cody Rhodes (to steal from Triple H) is just THAT DAMN GOOD. His in-ring ability is top notch, he's charismatic, and most importantly, he's learned from everything his father and older brother taught him. Cody Rhodes is the best overall wrestler in the Rhodes family. I think the major issue WWE has with him is his size, they probably feel he's too small to be a top draw. If Rey Mysterio can get a shot at being top dog, there's zero reason for Cody Rhodes not to get one.

4 - The Miz: Nobody in WWE worked harder to prove their doubters wrong than The Miz did. He was derided and insulted by every worker in the business and every fan worldwide, and worked tirelessly day and night to improve, and became one of the best talkers of his generation, and one f the most brilliant heels of all time. The Miz is the closest thing we'll ever get to another mid-80's Roddy Piper - he is THAT hated by fans. But today fans don't give a damn about The Miz, because he's hardly ever on TV. WWE made a colossal error in using The Miz only as a stepping stone for The Rock to get another WrestleMania main event. The Miz went from headlining WrestleMania 27, to being in a throwaway 12-Man Tag at WrestleMania 28, to jerking the curtain in a dark match at WrestleMania 29. If there's anyone in the company who deserves a second shot at the top, it's The Miz.

5 - Christian: Until Christian comes to the ring with a microphone and says he's retired, I'm still considering him a performer. Christian was made a main eventer in 2011, and WWE immediately sabotaged him by turning him heel and jobbing him out to Randy Orton roughly 35,000 times. Christian was booked to look completely inferior to Orton in every way and it permanently destroyed his status as a main event performer. WWE had a potential gold mine in Christian and they pissed it away in favor of yet another Randy Orton run on top.

I wouldn't jump on this train. Everyone is right where he/she belongs. Let's break it down.

Bray Wyatt: He is already in the main event. Wyatt family vs. The Shield remnants is the best feud going right now. It can be called a main event. All of Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and others fall in the same list. Yes, he's winning matches and being built up for something bigger (I can only hope). Wyatt is already a co-main eventer.

Dolph Ziggler: Does he really deserve to be in the main event? Yes, he is moderate in the ring, passable on mic and can get the reaction they want him to get. But, that doesn't mean he belongs in the main event. He isn't marketable enough to be there. For example, take his absence pre-summerslam. He was absent for a noteworthy duration of time. He wasn't injured, neither was he filming a movie. Still, he was out. You'd excuse that he was selling the storyline but, if he were important enough, he wouldn't have been put through vacation. Neither did people feel his absence. He isn't a main event material. He's got what he is worth. He is a former 2 times world champion and has been IC champ on numerous occasions.

Cesaro: Yes, he can wrestle out a great match with anyone. He is freakin' strong. Can give a great outing with any guy on the roster. Though, he's not good enough on the mic. Yes, he is liked by internet fans and some of the casual fans have also started to like him. Still, he's not credible enough to be considered a main eventer. The Cesaro section has expanded its followers. There's something I find to be lacking in him. Though, I'm not sure what it is. I think he needs repackaging.

Damien Sandow: He is not much entertaining on his own. He became popular by the virtue of The Miz. If it wasn't for Miz, Sandow wouldn't have become this popular.

People seem to be throwing out random names without thinking much. Everyone can't be a main eventer at the same time. Moreover, it's upon fans to think who is main eventer and who is not. Just because someone is good at one aspect, they can't be main eventer.

Kevin Owens- He's a young veteran, let him continue to turn his personality to 11 and give him a little free reign and he could be a "special attraction"

Finn Balor- Same as KO, young veteran. His entrance will get him WAY over alone. Maybe a more exciting finisher? Not a huge fan of a top rope stomp. But he has the IT factor.

Bray Wyatt- Turn the family face (eventually) have the family feud with the authority leading to Bray capturing the title.

Dean Ambrose- not asking for a lot with him. Just higher profile feuds.

If Tyson wasn't injured. I would've like to see the tag team of Cesaro/Kidd as a tag team in the main event scene.

Honorable mentions- Samoa Joe, New Day.

Dolph Ziggler: Does he really deserve to be in the main event? Yes, he is moderate in the ring, passable on mic and can get the reaction they want him to get. But, that doesn't mean he belongs in the main event. He isn't marketable enough to be there. For example, take his absence pre-summerslam. He was absent for a noteworthy duration of time. He wasn't injured, neither was he filming a movie. Still, he was out. You'd excuse that he was selling the storyline but, if he were important enough, he wouldn't have been put through vacation. Neither did people feel his absence. He isn't a main event material. He's got what he is worth. He is a former 2 times world champion and has been IC champ on numerous occasions.

Actually Dolph Ziggler was taken out storyline wise to film the movie 6:42. It was all over Wrestlezone Im surprised you missed this articles....

And on the contrary people did feel his absence since it was Lana basically taking on Rusev and Summer alone. They actually rushed him back because the same articles claim he wasn't supposed to be a part of summerslam but he was still there...

Before reading this post I wrote down everyone I thought would be mentioned. I missed out three of the 13 names mentioned on here.

I get a few names on here, Wyatt deserves more and I don't feel Ziggler was given a fair shot. Kevin Owens will become a top star, no doubt about that in my mind.

I don't feel anyone else mentioned above (with possibly the exception of Cesaro) has done anything huge enough to warrent a run at the top. A few names mentioned (Sandow and Rusev) haven't been consistent enough yet. Some great matches but who were they with? Performers who pull off great matches with anyone, regardless of storylines. Peronsal opinion but as an individual I haven't seen Ambrose, Miz, Rusez, Sandow or Christian 'Wow' me in a match. They are popular and talented but I don't think they bring enought to the table to be put in that top spot yet

I dont understand why people rate Ziggler so high. I put him in the same league as Kofi and Cody. Their amazing mid-carders that have had great careers so far but not everyone can be a main eventer.

For me I see potential in a lot of superstars becoming future main eventers in wwe but none of them are ready yet.

Sheamus: is the only one I feel that is out of place and should be main eventing at the moment. I see him being Seth Rollins replacement in the Authority once Rollins turns face against them. He is also already a proven main eventer that just needs a little polishing to be brought back into the picture(i.e MITB).
I guess i would say Bray Wyatt as well but ONLY IF Rowan returns and rejoins the Wyatt family. Then the mid-card should be Harper's focus while Wyatt is shifted to the main event. It doesn't make much since for Bray to have 3 monsters at his disposal only for him to be targeting the U.S/ IC championships.

Good list. Hard to disagree with.
Here's mine:
1. Dolph Ziggler: In my opinion, the best ring worker beside cesaro in the company and just an incredible talent who has been screwed by creative more times than I can count. Survivor Series '14 will haunt me for years. His WWE App promo work is extremely good, shame he cant throw it down in the ring on raw
2. Cesaro: Just push him, PROPERLY. Dammit Vince.
3. Ambrose: He's only a fairly new solo competitor, but he's clearly been pushed aside compared to the 2 other shield members, and i'm sorry but he's 1000x greater than Reigns. Top talent.
4. Cody Rhodes: He just makes any gimmick work, heel or face. He deserves a world title before he goes.
5. Finn Balor: Given, the guys in NXT, but i'd the happiest man alive if he is pushed straight to the top in WWE. His entrance alone would get him over, and his ring work is phenomenal.
Agree? Hard not to haha.

Roman Reigns
Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose if he makes a heel turn. He could be a top heel easily
Rusev

Ziggler and Cesaro is laughable though, all they have is in-ring ability. Guys like Wyatt, Ambrose have characters, they can work the mic to tell a good story. Cesaro couldn't cut a promo if his life depended on it.

Roman Reigns
Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose if he makes a heel turn. He could be a top heel easily
Rusev

Ziggler and Cesaro is laughable though, all they have is in-ring ability. Guys like Wyatt, Ambrose have characters, they can work the mic to tell a good story. Cesaro couldn't cut a promo if his life depended on it.

Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro aren't main event quality to you, and you specifically call out Cesaro for a lack of promo skills...and yet Roman Reigns is on your list? That's laughable.

Ziggler I feel that he should already be main eventing especially after Survivor Series '14 where he single-handedly won the match for Team Cena as its lone survivor you would have expected a huge push for Ziggler after that or hell even when he cashed in Money in the Bank back in 2013 to become World Heavyweight Champion he should have main evented then because even as World Heavyweight Champion he still wasn't main eventing

Because yes Ziggler has charisma and he has the mic skills to back it up and not to mention he has that in-ring ability, Ziggler in some ways can be compared to a 1995-96 era Boy Toy Shawn Michaels in that regard because at that specific time in the 1990s Michaels was where Ziggler is now especially if you think about it

Another superstar who should main event or who should be is Ryback especially after the way he burst on to the scene in 2012-13 yes he should have main evented and in some ways he did but if they had kept on that momentum then who knows Ryback where he would be now

Actually Dolph Ziggler was taken out storyline wise to film the movie 6:42. It was all over Wrestlezone Im surprised you missed this articles....

And on the contrary people did feel his absence since it was Lana basically taking on Rusev and Summer alone. They actually rushed him back because the same articles claim he wasn't supposed to be a part of summerslam but he was still there...

My bad that I missed the article. Ziggler was scheduled to appear at Summerslam. The feud was being built up for this. Had they not wanted him to appear, they’d probably have scrapped the feud.

Yes, I agree Ziggler’s good but, he’s certainly not good enough to be a main eventer. He doesn’t draw much. He can get pops but, he’s not as massive of a draw.

I agree with this assessment as well in the sense that Ziggler he is over with the fans and he is popular he oozes charisma and his in-ring performance is next to none in the sense that he steals the show but then again he doesn't have that drawing power because if he did then he would be the total package as far as being a main event caliber guy but he is at best upper midcard

Same goes for Antonio Cesaro in the sense that Cesaro he is pound for pound the strongest man in WWE he is over with the fans but then his mic skills come into play here as well as his charisma which holds him back but also there is the issue of Cesaro's drawing power

5 - Christian: Until Christian comes to the ring with a microphone and says he's retired, I'm still considering him a performer. Christian was made a main eventer in 2011, and WWE immediately sabotaged him by turning him heel and jobbing him out to Randy Orton roughly 35,000 times. Christian was booked to look completely inferior to Orton in every way and it permanently destroyed his status as a main event performer. WWE had a potential gold mine in Christian and they pissed it away in favor of yet another Randy Orton run on top.
He specifically acknowledged it on the Stone Cold Podcast. He's retired.

My 5 are:

1. Cesaro - He's really over, he's really powerful, and I like his moveset. He needs to learn some charisma when talking, because regardless, unless you're Benoit, you have to know how to talk.

2. Sasha/Bayley/Becky/Natty/Nikki - Since Lita and Trish, this is the first group of women wrestlers that I truly believe should be able to Main Event a PPV.

3. Apollo Creed - I've seen plenty of his stuff on Youtube, and I'm a huge believer in "A move needs a reason". But, his moves look so crisp that it could easily be argued that they provide more damage the way he does them.

4. I'll go with Hideo Itami - His tenure in Japan, and his international celebrity is enough to put him in some B level PPV Main Events, for sure. In fact, even give him a title shot.

5. Samoa Joe - He's one of the best, and he's getting up in age. However, he's a really talented in ring guy.

Runner up - If he ever returns - Tyson Kidd. He's just a phenomenal worker.

Ambrose the only way he could ever truly be a main event caliber guy in WWE right now is if he distances himself from Reigns steps out from under his shadow and goes out on his own and also with a massive heel turn because Ambrose has the charisma he has the mic skills and he has that in-ring ability as well as the ability to tell a good story in the ring but does he have that drawing power that WWE needs out of its main event guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back