• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Summerslam Poster Contest!

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
20090731234731!SummerSlam_2009.png

Alright, so Dave came up with a great idea, which involves us sig-makers creating posters for various PPV's. He has been so kind as to put me in charge of it. As you can tell the PPV that will be highlighted this time is Summerslam. The rules are simple. You make a poster, and you post it in this thread. There is no real winner here, it is just for fun, to see who can come up with some kick-ass posters! Remember though, this is being held in the main part of the DA&G Sub-Forum, therefore, every post must be non-spam. Spamming will result in warning or possibly infraction. I wish everybody good luck, and the contest starts..........NOW!

Can i possibly get some clarification on the rules? Does it have to use this years theme or is it open? What are the size limits of the poster? Any other rules we need to be aware of?

No, it doesnt have to be this year's theme. It can be the original Summerslam "beach" theme. As for the size limits, you can go as big as 1024x728. Anything bigger would probably be way too big.

Actually, I had some rules that I wanted to implement that would make it more accessible to people.

Personally, I would like to keep it with this years theme but I am not too fussed by whatever people want to do.

Secondly, I want to limit the resolutions to 500x400. This rule, I really want to see come to fruition.

EDIT: Also, I want everyone to add some sort of watermark to the poster so that we can easily verify that the work is your own. I am not accusing anyone but the last thing we would need is people trying to pass already established posters off as their own.

2hp25ht.jpg

OK, so for this poster, I knew that I wanted to capture Sheamus and Randy Orton and that was basically it. I started a PSD with Randy delivering an RKO to Sheamus and then cut around it (painstakingly). I then decided that it wasn't what I wanted and started again. So, after doing some research, I decided that Sheamus would be my main focal. Then, I created the background by using a radial gradient and then putting a texture over it. After that, I put on a few layers of brushes in yellow, blue and clack and then put the logos over the top of them all. I then put the renders on the top of the page and messed around with some adjustment layers. I burned it, added text and a border and called it a day.

Sorry Dave, I dont know how to make watermarks, but believe me when I say that this is my entry.

29bm03s.png

Now, it's not very good, so constructive criticism would be very helpful for future poster contests. Anyway, I started with a white background, and pasted a picture of a beach on it. Then, I found a render of the old Summerslam logo, turned it a bit, and pasted it on in a new layer. Then, I found a render of Kane, and put that on in it's own layer. Followed by Triple H, and Randy Orton with the same thing. The reason Trips is on here, is because I believe he will at least make an appearance at Summerslam. The reason that there is no text here, is because I couldnt find the right spot for text, so I just left it out. Future posters will probably have text. Finally, I burnt everything and well, here it is. Once again, constructive criticism for future poster contests would be helpful.

This is my first time posting in the graphics section, this looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot.

summerslam.jpg

I made two one for RAW and one for SmackDown! For th RAW one I put a picture of Nexus standing over John Cena in the background layer. On top of that are pictures of Sheamus doing his powerbomb and Randy doing his Rko although you can't really see them. On top of those are pictures of Orton and Sheamus. I used the magic wand to get just their heads and bodies, then went over some parts with the burn tool, and added a drop shadow. I used the Summer Slam logo from several years ago, I just liked the look of it and thought it would fit my poster. I then used the cutout filter to make it look like the whole thing was a painting. Not sure if I like it just yet. Constructive criticism is encouraged.

smackdownsummerslam.jpg

This is the SmackDown! one. I put a picture of Taker in the background layer, then added a picture of a lightning storm over him. I then erased parts of the storm at about 25% opacity to make it look like he was in the storm. I pretty much did the same thing I did with Orton and Sheamus to Kane and Mysterio but I used a stroke on them. I don't really like this one, as I know I could do better. As I said before constructive criticism welcomed.

Untitled-4.png

Well here it is. I Thought this would be a awesome poster that people would buy and I just added the summerslam picture at the bottom. I wanted wade barrett in the middle with the nxt shirt and I thought it would be good to have everyone around him matching and the best way I could do that is the guys with out the nxt shirt. Hope you like

1z3pahf.png

Well this is my poster. The first thing I did was make a plain green backround. Then I added some black spray paint spots. Then I messed around a bit and blurred the backround and changed the angle to make the circular things in the backround. Next I added the images. First was Randy Orton. I resized it and moved him around. Then I did the same with Edge, HHH, Wade Barret and lastly John Cena. I really don't like the way Edge and Randy Orton look in the backround though. So then I added the text. I simply put Summerslam then resized and moved it to the correct spot. That's really all I did and it was really simple. Nothing complicated.

SummerSlamPoster.png
This is my poster. I was looking at previous posters and came across one with a paper background (I think it was for some reading thing). Anyway, I put in a paper background and the SummerSlam logo. For the logo, I duplicated it twice and gave them a motion blur so it was like a band. Merged them to make one layer and added a drop shadow which I think gives it a nice effect. I then decided on my Superstars: Randy Orton, The Miz, and Wade Barrett (because they are all on fire at the moment). They looked a bit plain so I used an engraving thing on Miz and Barrett. And then added two drop shadows with no blur on them to give them an outline. I messed about with brushes in the background, added the text and was I was done. I forgot to watermark it but it is mine.

o6iohx.png

Pretty simple. Always wanted to use that image of Cena, so I thought that was a good starting point. Then I played around with some brushes that had slashes and cuts and such and had them pasted onto a black background and the colors go with that of the Summerslam logo. I then took a group shot of Nexus and placed it above Cena and set it to luminosity. Then I took an image of a RKO, Celtic Cross, and Kane with Mysterio and set them all at luminosity and placed them in the spot that looked best around Cena. I then finalized it with the Summerslam logo placed atop the left shoulder of Cena. Then to add the poster feel I placed the date, time, place, and venue at the bottom in a simple, Seattle Sans font and glowed it so it was easier to read.

summerslampostercopy.png

To start, I made a black background and added a yellow and blue gradient map to it, to match the logo. I then pasted in my render of Kane and resized it. I then duplicated it and desaturated it, I then set it to overlay and merged with the original render. I then added my two images of Orton RKO'ing Sheamus and Kane Tombstoning Mysterio. I did the same to them that I with the render of Kane. After, I created a new layer and started to brush in the same Blue and Yellow colour, I then lowered the opacity. I then added the Raw and Nexus logo and lowered the opacity after I had rezised them. I then added scanlines to them all. I added another Blue and Yellow gradient on top it all. I brought my render of Kane to the top. I then added my Summerslam logo and resized it. To finish off I added my text and a 4 px black border.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back