Suicide On The Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Don't know if anyone caught Suicide's promo last night on IMPACT. It seemed pretty good to me. If I'm not mistaken this is his first time speaking since the Suicide character debuted. Did you like the promo? Do you think Suicide will be able to cut good promos with his Jigsaw voice?

I'm not a big fan of the Suicide character myself. He sounded like Christian Bale did in The Dark Knight, with a very deep loud scruffy voice. A little too much overacting and I still don't know what the hell the gimmick is supposed to mean anyways. His character tried to commit suicide and now he says I have come alive! and he still calls himself Suicide.What the hell does that mean?

ya i dont really get the gimmick but i think more promo cutting could help develop him more. and i want to see him a the pope actually ahve a match

Didn't see it, but since Suicide's character spoke maybe that means he is actually progressing and this storyline might actually lead somewhere. At first, it was a big mystery about who Suicide was and what he was all about.

However, now he is just another X-Division guy that has been lost in the shuffle and is stuck in a stupid feud with the Pope. When he first came in, I thought that TNA had a great storyline for Suicide that would be interesting and actually mean something. Now, I don't really care much about Suicide and I don't think many others do either.

While I wasn't overly impressed, I do agree with GD about maybe TNA is finally going to progress the Suicide character. The same character, doing the same thing over and over without any progression won't work forever, so it's smart for TNA to start letting him have mic time and mold his character into something different.

The "voice" is kinda creepy in a ways, and I always thought the character of suicide should be a heel, so maybe he'll turn. Probably not, but a character being called "Suicide" shouldn't be cheered imo, and the face version of the character is stale so it could work.

But in the end I hope for atleast some more progression, if that means more mic time and promos, I'm all for it.

After Suicide's promo, I was expecting the camera to pan to the side where Arn Anderson would be standing with a script and micophone, only to get startled and drop the mic and run away.

lol Actually, I saw the Suicide/Shockmaster comparison too. Maybe that's what Ole has been up the last couple years.

That being said, I guess the promo served it's purpose, furthering the Suicide/Dinero feud....but, that was pretty much it. I don't know, other than the voice itself, the promo was missing something.....I just don't know what yet.

They had two storylines to progress at once: Suicide and the MEM, and this couldn't work. So they somehow shoehorned the title off Suicide, leaving hi with nothing. The plan is obviously to unmask him at some point, so they had to do something and they stuck him on the mic. The issue is now that he is putting on a voice, and when he is unmasked, be it Kaz or someone else that is revealed, it won't really make sense as to why he was talking like that. It was quite good, but delivered with a complete lack of foresight for the character.

They had two storylines to progress at once: Suicide and the MEM, and this couldn't work. So they somehow shoehorned the title off Suicide, leaving hi with nothing. The plan is obviously to unmask him at some point, so they had to do something and they stuck him on the mic. The issue is now that he is putting on a voice, and when he is unmasked, be it Kaz or someone else that is revealed, it won't really make sense as to why he was talking like that. It was quite good, but delivered with a complete lack of foresight for the character.

I could not agree anymore. We all know that it is, or was suppose to be Kaz as him. However I guess they forgot we have heard Kaz cut a promo before and if you haven't its called Youtube my friends. Anyway while the promo was good it wont make any sense when hes unmasked and bam there's Kaz, unless they make him talk like that even after the suicide gimmick is over, which would just be creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back