• Success

• Bust

• In-Between

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This is a new poll series I'm hoping to run here in the TNA section where (recently) departed former talents of the company will be critiqued regarding their work with the company. You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular charater a succes, a bust or in-between?

Next in the series is Gail Kim.

----------

gailkim.jpg

Gail Kim
Years with TNA: 3 (2005–2008)
Number of titles runs: TNA Women's World Champion (1x)

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• The Naturals (2005)
• Jackie Gayda (2005/2006)
• Sirelda (2006)
• LAX (2006)
•*James Storm w/ Jacqueline Moore (2007)
• Awesome Kong (2007/2008)
• O.D.B. (2008)
• The Beautiful People w/ Moose (2008)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA at iMPACT in 2008, aligning herself with Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted
• Managed AMW, Petey Williams and Chris Harris
• Was the first ever TNA Wormen's World Champion

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In-Between, 0% Bust
• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In-Between, 19.64% Success
• Petey Williams – 52.50% In-Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust[/i]
• Gail Kim – In Progress

No doubt a success based on her matches with Kong alone. Her and Kong had the best women's wrestling matches I had ever seen and don't know if they can be matched.

She was also great as a heel manager for AMW who could get involved physically and it seemed legit.

Her biggest mistake was leaving TNA for WWE where she's just another Diva face in the crowd.

I thinkshe was a success for her time in TNA for the short term, up until she started wrestling again in WWE. She was the lead of the growth of the knockouts, drawing people into TNA, and for womens wrestling to draw like it did, she was a success. As for her enterance back to WWE, she probably got a nice paycheck, but lost all her momentum once she got into the squared ring.

i think she was a success until she went back to wwe...she is a wwe womens champion...won it in her debut adn was the first ever tna woments champ she was rolling until she left

The way I see it, Gail was a success while in TNA. She had been the face of the Knockouts division for a long while, having wretched the crown from April Hunter upon her departure from the company early on.

However, Gail definitely is not the miracle worker that many make her out to be. Her feud with Sirelda was rather dull, and her feud with Jacqueline turned into a contest of spot fests (as shown with the steel cage match.)

The only notable feud that Gail had with TNA worth remembering, was her feud with Awesome Kong; and for obivious reasons.

Kong was brought into the company as an unstoppable monster, and it was Kong's ability to portray such a monster that helped Gail truly shine. But, Sirelda was also a big girl, 6 foot and close to 200 pounds, and yet her feud with Gail was quite forgettable. Why?

This was due to the fact that Sirelda wasn't nearly as great as playing the dominant combatant that Awesome Kong was. It was this ability that vicariously enabled Gail to realistically portray a protagonist overcoming the odds.

It was due to the effort that both Gail and Kong put into that feud that made it so successful, and because that feud was so successful, I can say that Gail's character was a success in TNA.

Gail Kim's time in TNA has to be considered a success. She's one of the workers that really gave the Knockout Division in TNA credibility as a legitimate female division in a major wrestling promotion. Being the first TNA Knockout Champion is also a nice feather in her cap.

The Knockout Division was something much different from most of the women's wrestling that a considerable majority of American wrestling fans have been exposed to for quite a long time. During Gail Kim's time in the Knockout Division in TNA, she and other knockouts often put on matches that were more interesting and simply more entertaining than many of those put on by her male counterparts.

How can she not be a success? She was one of the catalysts for the Knockout Division, and she put on some of the best matches they've seen.

But, even without that, I'd say she's a success. As a valet for America's Most Wanted, she was relevant, which is more than anyone can say she was/is in WWE. She kept the heat on them after they had been around for 5 years, and that is not an easy task.

I think that Gail Kim had some of the best matches in the history of the Knockouts division. She did a good job as a valet too. I didn't like her that much, but I acknowledge that she was really good at what she did. The Knockouts division has found more impressive additions to its roster since she left, but I think if Gail Kim stayed she would have remained one of the top Knockouts for a while. She was a success in TNA because she was the first Knockout Champion and had memorable matches during her time at TNA.

I consider Gail Kim in TNA a success.

She was the first Knockouts champion and driving force behind the division. She and Awesome Kong had some great matches that put the divison on the map.

I miss Gail being in TNA.

I haven't watched the WWE in 2 1/2 years, so I really can't judge how Gail is in the WWE these days. From what I understand from other message boards that read she hasn't been used well since returning to the WWE.

To explain my choice of "Bust". Not taking anything away from her as a performer. I think that Gail Kim is an amazing wrestler and very entertaining to watch . . . when we get to see her. When she was at TNA, she was the top Knockout and was regularly able to show off her skills. She really had things going. Mind you, I understand why she left for WWE and I understand it was a very hard decision. WWE has really treated Gail Kim like a second stringer. Things seem to possibly be improving, but in that sea of Barbi Dolls, it makes me sad that she is not showcased more as Kim can wrestle, and very good. It seems that things just really have not gone the way we thought they would for her when she signed for her second run at WWE. She just doesn't seem to be as successful or as important as she was in TNA. Sadly, in WWE the Women's Division is all about being a hot piece of ass with possible wrestling skills whereas in TNA, you have to know how to wrestle, for the most part, to be a knock out. This obviously does not apply to Lacy VonErich.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back