• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Miami

jmt225

Global Moderator
2hqqt12.jpg

Main card

• Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis
  • Women's Lightweight Championship (145 lb) bout: Cristiane Santos vs. Marloes Coenen
  • Heavyweight bout: Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy
  • Middleweight bout: Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhouf
  • Heavyweight bout: Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims

......................................................................................​

Well, this card is.... interesting, to say the least. I mean, having Bobby Lashley and Herschel Walker both fighting on the program makes it look like a bit of a circus, but hopefully these guys bring it and show that they're forreal, especially Lashley.

But neither of those guys matter to me. When it comes to this card, I am PUMPED UP for Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis, which should be one of the most exciting fights ever. Diaz's last few opponents were counter strikers, but Marjus is going to fucking bring it, man. He's one of the best Kickboxers in all of MMA, and his headkicks are LETHAL. However, still... I think Diaz's boxing will be too good for Marjus to handle, but also... if Diaz does get in trouble, his chin is solid enough to withstand it and take the fight to the ground, where he is FAR superior than Marjus. So, I don't see Diaz losing this one, but it's promised to be one hell of a fucking fight, and I for one cannot wait.

Robbie Lawler is also schedule for this show now since his opponents kept getting injured during training for the Evolution show, and I was talking to Marquis last night... he thinks Mayhem Miller will be the one called to take on Lawler for this show, and man do I hope that turns out to be the case. That fight would be fucking AWESOME. They've fought before, with Mayhem winning, but both guys are far better today than they were back then, and it's just something I'd love to see. Plus, looking at this card, it needs another big fight like that. I mean, like I said earlier... an ex-football star + pro wrestler on the same show sort of hurts the legitimacy of it I'm sure in a lot of MMA fans eyes, but adding Lawler vs. Mayhem on this card would completely change that.

But speaking of Walker and Lashley... I'm positive they'll feed Walker a can, and I don't mind that, but hopefully they give Lashley someone legit. Personally, I'd like to see Brett Rogers in there to take him on, myself. To me, it makes the most sense and it's win-win. If Lashley wins, he beat a real fighter who fans respect, and if Rogers wins, then he's back on track to getting the rematch he wants against Fedor. Also, to bring this back up, but having Lashley fight someone like Rogers would make the show look more legitimate, and of course that's an important factor.

And of course there's the Cyborg fight. I have no clue who her opponent is, but I'm sure she's nothing for Cyborg to handle. That woman is not human, and it'll be fun to see her kick some ass again.

lol, Herschel Walker. What the hell is the point of having him here? Obviously, the name recognition, but it's just silly. The man is in his late 40s and regardless of whatever the hell he's been doing, I don't think his MMA skills are great at all. Even if they do give him a can, I'd still think it very likely for the can to win.

I don't know who Marjus whatever is, but I really like the Diaz brothers, so that should be exciting from what jmt is saying.

Lashley debuting interests me as well, especially if it's against Rogers. Talk about a big fight.

Nicks fighting Marius! Dang thats gonna be a good fight, Nicks fights are always entertaining no matter what and i do enjoy The Whitemare! Like jmt said Marius is one of the best Kickboxers in MMA. His last two fights in Dream were KOs by head kick which were hellaa decent....and Nick is Nick, great boxer and badass bjj. Im always excited for a fight with Nick Diaz. I dont know if i should say this now but this can be an early FOTY runner. Just because Diaz always puts up a hellvah fight. But im gonna go with Diaz on this one! Hes just a slick fighter an so well rounded.

Cyborg Santos? lol i doubt shes going to lose her belt anytime soon shes a beast.

Herschel Walker! Seriously, Strikeforce! How old is this guy 50? Who can he honestly beat, i have noo faith in this guy what soo ever. They will probably feed him a can but id rather have them feed him AA or somethingg to just end his career. His fight is either going to be seriously boring or hes going to get submited or Ktfo!

I wonder whoo there giving Bobby Lashley, i think they might give me someone he can easily run through for this first fight in strikeforce. And i wouldnt be surprised for a couple of fights they doo this just to start up a Bobby Lashley hype train. But i am really interested to see him.

Robbie Lawler is fighting Melvin Manhoef. And im really no interested in seeing Lawler fight, idk maybe cause ive never been a fan of his. Manhoef has momentum coming in with a good showing at the Dynamite show on New years Eve with that tko in the first round. I just hope Manhoef finishes Lawler like on the quikness!!

There saying Jay Hieron might fight for this card too! Which i cant wait to find out if its true imma Hieron fan!

And of course there's the Cyborg fight. I have no clue who her opponent is, but I'm sure she's nothing for Cyborg to handle. That woman is not human, and it'll be fun to see her kick some ass again.

This, and pretty much this alone, is the reason I want to see this show. Cyborg is a fucking beast, and to see her kick some ass would be a lot of fun. Her fight against Carano was a bit underwhelming, but that's not her fault, and this should be a decent bounce back.

I'm also interested in the Lashley fight, for obvious reasons. I want to see if he can make himself a legitimate name in the sport, and I especially want to see if he's facing Rogers, who is, by default, my favorite fighter out there right now.

I'm amazed Walker wants to go to MMA, but I'm even more amazed he got his name and face on the poster, and even better, front and center! I would think Lashley would have a bit more star-power than him...

Main card updated.

Lashley and Walker are fighting a couple of no-name cans. Big shocker there. :icon_rolleyes: Here's a picture of Lashley's opponent:

2djumvd.jpg

Looks like a pretty big fucker, but I doubt he can fight worth a shit, especially only on only a few weeks notice.

However, in great news, as RAUl Mf. L0wk0 has already mentioned, Melvin Manhouf has been announced as Robbie Lawler's opponent. That should be a GREAT fight. It'll be interesting to see if Lawler stand and trades with Manhouf, or takes him to the ground. Lawler's pretty confident in his stand-up, but honestly.... if he stands and bangs with someone like Manhouf, he's most likely going to get KTFO. But, keep in mind, Manhouf is basically Kimbo Slice on the ground, so if Lawler takes the fight there, then he should easily pick up the victory. Either way, should be an exciting fight.

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis and Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhouf make this show. The rest is simple a circus.

This show is going to be interesting to say the least. As JMT said, it is a complete circus once you take away the Welterweight title fight and the Robbie Lawler/Melvin Manhouf fight.

Herschel fucking Walker is fighting a scrub and even though he is fighting a no name I am still counting him as the underdog. I really hope Walker knows what he is doing because it would be a shame for him to get in the ring and get hurt badly. I honestly think he is way over his head and I hope he comes out of this escapade alright.

Bobby Lashley fighting some dude who looks like a goddamn bear is going to be entertaining as hell. Lashley has shown glimpses of being a big name player but this fight will ultimately not help him get anywhere, however, it could help that big bear he is fighting. Imagine if he can knock off a former wrestling champion in college and in the WWE. He would certainly be moving up the ladder. That being said, I see Bobby Lashley rolling through this fight and improving his record to 5-0. Hopefully, Lashley gets a bump in opponent talent so we can see how he does against some real, good fighters.

I have yet to see Cyborg fight anyone so I am pretty excited about this fight. I expect her to whoop some ass. This is MMA however, and I would not be completely shocked if she got beat, I do not see it happening, but there is always a chance. This will probably be the fight I am most interested in watching.

Robbie Lawler versus Melvin Manhouf has knockout of the night written all over it. Both guys get off on exchanging with their opponents and expect to see some fireworks in this one. I agree with JMT though, if Lalwer decides to stand with Manhouf I fully expect Manhouf to walk out the victor, simple put he just has better hands and he is fast as shit. But, if Lalwer takes it to the ground he should easily be able to defeat Manhouf much like Mir beat Kongo and Nelson beat Kimbo.

The main event intrigues me as well considering Nick Diaz is someone I love to hate and I have no idea who his opponent is. That being said, Nick Diaz is one of the best and most exciting fighters in the world today. He always puts on a show and I expect him to do so again during this fight. I don't know jack shit about this Marius Zaromskis guy but I will be sure to look into him before this fight goes down. Overall I think Diaz is one of the best in the world and regardless of whatever Marius has done I expect Diaz to win this fight.

I'll be going to this show. I got the ticket a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very excited about going. Herschel Walker fighting is really weird to me. This guy is pretty up there as far age goes, and I have no clue as to why he's doing this. Maybe he wants to get a piece done on him by ESPN?

Lashley's debut is going to be something else I'm looking forward to. I haven't seen an MMA fight of his yet, and I don't know if he's any good or not.

I liked Cyborg's fight against Gina Carano. She was awesome in that fight. She is one of the main reasons I bought a ticket to this. I really got into that fight she had with Carano.

Former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Bobby Lashley will make his promotional debut against UFC veteran Wes Sims in a featured heavyweight bout at Strikeforce “Miami” on Jan. 30 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz on Friday made Sherdog aware of the match.

Affiliated with American Top Team, Lashley remains unbeaten through four professional bouts. The 33-year-old last appeared in June, when he struck Bob Sapp into first-round submission at a Fight Force International event in Biloxi, Miss. Lashley, a three-time collegiate wrestling national champion, has finished three of his first four opponents inside one round. Only Jason Guida, whom Lashley defeated by unanimous decision, has gone the distance with him.

Sims, fresh of his appearance on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 10, will carry a three-bout winning streak into his first Strikeforce match. However, the 6-foot-10 journeyman has not had an official fight since November 2008, when he knocked out Jason DeAngelo in 18 seconds in the Full Contact Fight Series 29 main event. Twenty of Sims’ 22 career wins have come by knockout, technical knockout or submission.

Nick Diaz will meet Marius Zaromskis for the vacant welterweight championship in the Strikeforce “Miami” main event. The show also features a women’s title fight pairing Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos with Marloes Coenen, along with the professional mixed martial arts debut of 1982 Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker.

My interest in this card has been peaked once again. I have said before that I am a fan of Wes Sims. He is nothing real special as a fighter but he is entertaining to watch and is a definite step up in competition for Bobby Lashley. If Lashley can beat Sims then he proves he deserves a true test in the division but, if he loses to Sims then it will pretty much kill all possible hype Lashley has built up. This is a good test for both men.

I cannot stand Wes Sims, but he is a much better opponent for Lashley than the previous guy, if you ask me. Not only does Sims have a little name value, but a colorful personality as well. He'll be able to talk up this fight like little could. He's also someone Lashley should be able to easily defeat. Lashley has been very uninterested in standing and trading with opponents thus far in his short MMA career, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. And Sims is a guy with only stand-up ability; plus he has TERRIBLE takedown defense, since he is so wild and always looking for the Knockout. Lashley should be able to take the guy down right away, and hopefully Lashley has enough of a skill set to finish him, rather than laying and praying for 3 straight rounds.

I cannot stand Wes Sims, but he is a much better opponent for Lashley than the previous guy, if you ask me. Not only does Sims have a little name value, but a colorful personality as well. He'll be able to talk up this fight like little could. He's also someone Lashley should be able to easily defeat. Lashley has been very uninterested in standing and trading with opponents thus far in his short MMA career, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. And Sims is a guy with only stand-up ability; plus he has TERRIBLE takedown defense, since he is so wild and always looking for the Knockout. Lashley should be able to take the guy down right away, and hopefully Lashley has enough of a skill set to finish him, rather than laying and praying for 3 straight rounds.

Theoretically, Lashley should be able to bulldoze through Wes Sims and in an ideal world this would be the case. However, this is MMA and if we have learned anything it is that anything can happen. I think this fight will prove a lot about Lashley. If he beats Sims then we know he is ready for the next step in competition but if he loses he will be questioned to if he is up to all the hype. Either way we are going to learn something about Lashley during this fight.

It is a decent looking card, something that Strike Force has been able to give fans. Bobby Lashley looks for a win here in a fight I encourage wrestling fans trying to break into MMA watch. Walker at his age looks to fight someone who is inexperienced, which will bge good for him, as he has a shot to win. Santos who has lots of fame looks to go one against a submission fighter, which looks to be an easy match for her. But I am excited to see one of JMT's favourites Nick Diaz fight against Zaromskis. Should be a great card even though I think some of the matches are still one sided.

If I were Greg Nagy, I never would have taken this Herschel Walker fight. It's lose/lose. The entire situation, to me, is lose/lose. If Nagy wins, he beat a 49-year-old man who suffers from multiple personality disorder and had no real formal MMA training. If he loses, he might as well start looking for a new career option.

If Herschel Walker wins, well, so what? It's not like he'll ever be a champion, and chances are that he'll get his ass kicked sooner or later. Personally, I think he'll get Johnnie Morton'ed. There is no upside for Walker here, and if he loses he'll just be embarrassed. Strikeforce will also look bad for making the fight to begin with.

I'm looking forward to Manhoef/Lawler. Both guys have so much power that it's going to be a slugfest. It should be exciting. Lawler's ground game is improving, and he's currently training with Matt Hughes. The key for Lawler here is going to keep the fight on the ground. If he tries to stand and bang with Manhoef, chances are the fight won't last very long.

Cyborg should kill Coenen in the first round, that should be fun to watch.

I'm glad Wes Sims is getting a paycheck, but he took this Lashley fight on very short notice, and chances are that Lashley will easily bulldoze him. Lashley seems to think that he's two fights away from Fedor right now. Strikeforce knows how much of a draw that would be, and are putting a lot of stock into him. Chances are he'll deliver.

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis should be a great fight, and I wouldn't count Zaromskis out. A lot of people thought he'd lose to Sakurai in the DREAM Welterweight Grand Prix, and he wound up winning the whole thing. Zaromskis is a great fighter, and Diaz is a highly skilled submission artist. I'm going to predict that this is going to be an early contender for fight of the year, and I think Diaz will take the belt by submission in the championship rounds.

Just saw this with I Am Phenom on Showtime *we were talking over XBL* and this fight was beyond pathetic. We have Lashley, who is the equivalent of a black Cena, vs a tall, skinny-armed tubby piece of crap. Lashley delivered the smackdown to Sims, who didn't even try to defend himself. Lashley was just pounding on his like BAM BAM BAM BAM POW. It was so sad and ridiculous that Phenom and I were just laughing the entire time.

This match was over in the first round in like...2 minutes, did anyone see this?

Well I only saw about half the fights last night but have since seen the other main card fights and I gotta say, this was a damn good card in my opinion. It had tons of drama and great action. More then anything it really has me excited about the future of Strikeforce and the next CBS show.

Lashley vs. Sims was pretty much academic. Wes Sims is in such bad shape at this stage in his career, which sucks since I actually like the man. I think the commentator hit the nail on the head when he said Sims might be better at a career in wrestling because his fighting skills are horrendous now. Lashley bulldozed through him and now I want to see him fight someone like Big Foot Silva, or Werdum. He needs a test.

Lawler vs. Manhoef was epic as hell. Manhoef was picking Lawler apart with some of the sickest kicks I have ever seen but do you know what it sicker? That wicked overhand right from Robbie Lawler to knock him out and win the fight. I see this knockout being up for knockout of the year by the end of the year.

Herschel Walker vs. some can was more interesting then it sounded. Walker looked great in his debut and even though he will never be a legit challenger for the Heavyweight belt he should be an exciting addition.

Cyborg vs. Coenen was decent for the Woman's title. Cyborg looked fantastic and I will be interested to see who gets fed to her next.

It was nice to see Nick Diaz finally win the big one last night as well. Whenever he challenges for a belt he always seems to come up short but last night he was dynamite and deserved to win the Strikeforce Welterweight belt. Hopefully they set up Diaz versus Jay Heiron now to have an undisputed champion.

Congrats to all the winners and more importantly to Strikeforce. I am becoming a believer in them and they are beginning to steal me away from the UFC.

The show went just as expected for me: Two great fights, with 3 fights I couldn't care less for. But, it met expectations, which is all that matters.

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis was an AWESOME main event. Those guys went balls out, and it made for a tremendous fight. Zaromskis looked to have gotten the upper hand at one point, but never was I nervous, as I knew Diaz would eventually get up, and then proceed to kick ass, like he pretty much ALWAYS does. No one, and I mean, NO ONE, in MMA utilizes body punches like Nick Diaz does. You watch his last three fights, and it's really his body punches putting Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, and Marius Zaromskis out for the count. Diaz also has fantastic timing when it comes to leg/body kicks, as he catches every single one of them his opponents throw. The guy is simply an incredible fighter, and in my opinion, in the top 5 of Pound for Pound Best Fighters in the World category. Absolutely cannot wait to see him fight again.

Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhouf was the other great fight of the night. Manhour was fucking SLAUGHTERING Lawler with vicious leg and body kicks, but Lawler took them like a warrior, waited for the perfect moment, and BOOM... nailed Manhouf with an unbelievably powerful overhand right. Manhouf was fucking OUT COLD. Unbelievable knockout for Lawler. I was very, very impressed.

As far as the rest of the fights... couldn't have cared less for Cyborg vs. Coenen, Herschel Walker showed a LOT of promise but I don't think we'll ever see him in there with top talent so it doesn't matter, and Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims was a fucking joke. Regardless of all that, still a solid card for only Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis and Robbie Lawler vs. Melvin Manhouf, which were both just awesome, very fun fights.

The guy is simply an incredible fighter, and in my opinion, in the top 5 of Pound for Pound Best Fighters in the World category./QUOTE]
This is my first post so hello, have been reading here and in the wrestling section for some time.

I want to know how you put him in the top 5 pound for pound in the world?. Imo he is a top 10 in the 170 pound division but nothing more.

As for the show Diaz-Zaromskis was a good fight and Diaz looked good but he is going to have trouble against good boxers and he is a little to sure that his chin will take every shot. Zaromskis got a little to defensive when he dropped Diaz but i dont think he would have finished Diaz anyway.

Cyborg is scary, she is to good to fight with women seriously:icon_wink: There are not many challengers for her so maybe go the WEC and fight Mike Brown:lmao: Okey maybe not...

Sims sucks and he did give up in that fight, Lashley needs to fight Big Foot or Rodgers. Scott Coker says it can be Rodgers for him and that is a fight
i want to see, a perfect step up for Lashley.

Walker is a real talent in everything he does but i dont se him doing anything great for Strikeforce, maybe bringing in some new fans. But he showed som good ground control but Nagy looked even worse than Sims.

Lawler was getting his leg destroyed, i just waited for him to take Manhoef down right when the fight started but when he decided to stand with Manhoef and when he got his leg almost taken off i thought Manhoef would knock Lawler out, but then that right hand put him out like Bisping was. The punch actually looked timed and planned. I did not think Lawler would stand with Manhoef but he won anyway, good win for Lawler.

If my spelling or something is wrong i am Swedish, so i can blame it on that :)

This is my first post so hello, have been reading here and in the wrestling section for some time.

Well hello, welcome. I hope you decide to stick around here, man.

I want to know how you put him in the top 5 pound for pound in the world?. Imo he is a top 10 in the 170 pound division but nothing more.

Well, anyone here will be quick to tell you that I'm very biased towards Diaz, as he is my favorite fighter.

HOWEVER, I still think there's some legitimacy in my claim. Without a single doubt, the top four P4P Fighters in the World are Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, and BJ Penn. That's basically indisputable. But the question remains... who is #5? Lyoto Machida? Nah, kind of one-dimensional and didn't look too good in his last fight. Jose Aldo? You can make an argument, but at the same time... those small guys in MMA don't have the competition the bigger guys do (unlike Boxing where it's just the opposite), for one, but also... the guy will most likely fall off in his next couple of fights anyway, as there's not much consistency around that weight class. Brock Lesnar? Nah, not yet, anyway. Gegard Mousasi? He hasn't fought enough big names yet, I'm afraid. Shinya Aoki? Look at what I said about Mousasi.

So, that leaves Nick Diaz. When you look at his last 12 fights, he's 10-1-1, with fights at 4 different weights. That one loss was a complete bullshit cut stoppage, in a fight he was undoubtedly going to win. And the No Contest was of course the Takanori Gomi fight, where his victory got overturned afterward because of marijuana being found in his system. So, when you look the impressive run he's been on these last 12 fights, and the fact that his boxing has improved to one of the best in the entire sport, plus the fact that he is a LEGIT Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... the guy is the total package, man, and people need to start recognizing just how talented the man is. In my opinion, he is definitely the #5 P4P Fighter in the World.

If my spelling or something is wrong i am Swedish, so i can blame it on that :)

Nah, don't worry about any of that stuff. People here won't give you any crap for that stuff.

I really hate to admit but JMT has actually sold me on Nick Diaz being one of the top 10 best pound for pound guys in the world. Just like JMT is a self admitted huge fan of Nick Diaz I am the complete opposite. I have very little tolerance for either Diaz brother but that is beside the point.

Nick Diaz is one of the best fighters in the world today. He was very successful at Middleweight for awhile and now he is back to Welterweight and not only that but he is the champion. That merits a spot in the P4P top 10 if you ask me. The guy is just really damn good and I think he could hang in the octagon with just about anyone at this point. If you look past his bullshit loss to K.J. Noons he would also have been a Lightweight champion and I fully expect for him to exact revenge for that loss.

Nick Diaz winning the WW belt puts him in the P4P top 10. Depending on who you favor the number 5 slot should go to either Jose Aldo or Nick Diaz. You can decide that for yourself. Also, it is very nice to have here Ryman.

Well hello, welcome. I hope you decide to stick around here, man.

Well, anyone here will be quick to tell you that I'm very biased towards Diaz, as he is my favorite fighter.

HOWEVER, I still think there's some legitimacy in my claim. Without a single doubt, the top four P4P Fighters in the World are Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, and BJ Penn. That's basically indisputable. But the question remains... who is #5? Lyoto Machida? Nah, kind of one-dimensional and didn't look too good in his last fight. Jose Aldo? You can make an argument, but at the same time... those small guys in MMA don't have the competition the bigger guys do (unlike Boxing where it's just the opposite), for one, but also... the guy will most likely fall off in his next couple of fights anyway, as there's not much consistency around that weight class. Brock Lesnar? Nah, not yet, anyway. Gegard Mousasi? He hasn't fought enough big names yet, I'm afraid. Shinya Aoki? Look at what I said about Mousasi.

So, that leaves Nick Diaz. When you look at his last 12 fights, he's 10-1-1, with fights at 4 different weights. That one loss was a complete bullshit cut stoppage, in a fight he was undoubtedly going to win. And the No Contest was of course the Takanori Gomi fight, where his victory got overturned afterward because of marijuana being found in his system. So, when you look the impressive run he's been on these last 12 fights, and the fact that his boxing has improved to one of the best in the entire sport, plus the fact that he is a LEGIT Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... the guy is the total package, man, and people need to start recognizing just how talented the man is. In my opinion, he is definitely the #5 P4P Fighter in the World.

Nah, don't worry about any of that stuff. People here won't give you any crap for that stuff.

Okey i really dont agree with you, he has had a good run of fights but Thomas Denny, Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock are not top 10 i any division so a win over them wont put him as a one of the best pound for pound. To me you need to beat the best in the world to be in the pound for pound ranking and Diaz has not fought the best (imo) I know you are a huge Diaz fan but Henderson must be above him, even you can admit that;( Now thats a fight i want to see, if Henderson gets pasts Shields and Diaz decides to move up of course.

The problem for him also is that there are not many fights left for him in 170 that makes sense, Hieron should get the fight but it looks like Sakurai for som reason. Then what? Maybe Gono but thats it.

I dont want to sound like i hate Diaz or have something against you but i just think you are hyping him a little to much, he is a top 10 in 170, i would put him a nr 3 behind GSP and Fitch. If the UFC want to sign him back we would get so see how good he really is, i think he can win against almost everybody in the UFC except Fitch and GSP.

Okey i really dont agree with you, he has had a good run of fights but Thomas Denny, Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock are not top 10 i any division so a win over them wont put him as a one of the best pound for pound. To me you need to beat the best in the world to be in the pound for pound ranking and Diaz has not fought the best (imo)

When Nick Diaz beat Takanori Gomi, he was the #1 ranked Lightweight in the World I believe, so yeah.... Diaz did fight some top talent. Not to mention Marius Zaromskis, who is a champion in DREAM and considered one of the best Welterweights in the World on his feet.

Also, the Frank Shamrock and Scott Smith wins shouldn't be looked down at, either. When was the last time you really saw Frank Shamrock take such a beating? Cung Le? Nah, Shamrock was doing pretty well until he hurt his arm, whereas Shamrock didn't faze Diaz once in their fight; not one time. And Scott Smith has not only beat some big names, but this is another guy Diaz COMPLETELY dominated. Seriously, Smith didn't land ONE good shot on Diaz; that's pretty damn impressive.

I know you are a huge Diaz fan but Henderson must be above him, even you can admit that;( Now thats a fight i want to see, if Henderson gets pasts Shields and Diaz decides to move up of course.

I got to disagree big time here, man. Dan Henderson? Who exactly has Henderson beaten? Wandy? Wandy hasn't been the same since the Cro Cop knock out. After that fight, Henderson lost two straight, then beat a no-name, won a decision against Rich Franklin in a fight that in my opinion Franklin should have won, and beat the overrated Bisping, by just throwing overhand right after overhand right. Diaz's run is much more impressive than that, my man.

The problem for him also is that there are not many fights left for him in 170 that makes sense, Hieron should get the fight but it looks like Sakurai for som reason. Then what? Maybe Gono but thats it.

I agree with you there. But there are plenty of fights for Diaz at 185 once he completely wipes out Strikeforce's Welterweight division.

I dont want to sound like i hate Diaz or have something against you but i just think you are hyping him a little to much, he is a top 10 in 170, i would put him a nr 3 behind GSP and Fitch. If the UFC want to sign him back we would get so see how good he really is, i think he can win against almost everybody in the UFC except Fitch and GSP.

I see where you're coming from, and I definitely wish he were in the UFC as well, but since he's not, we only can judge off of what he's been doing outside of the UFC, and it's been one hell of a run thus far if you ask me.

When Nick Diaz beat Takanori Gomi, he was the #1 ranked Lightweight in the World I believe, so yeah.... Diaz did fight some top talent. Not to mention Marius Zaromskis, who is a champion in DREAM and considered one of the best Welterweights in the World on his feet.

Also, the Frank Shamrock and Scott Smith wins shouldn't be looked down at, either. When was the last time you really saw Frank Shamrock take such a beating? Cung Le? Nah, Shamrock was doing pretty well until he hurt his arm, whereas Shamrock didn't faze Diaz once in their fight; not one time. And Scott Smith has not only beat some big names, but this is another guy Diaz COMPLETELY dominated. Seriously, Smith didn't land ONE good shot on Diaz; that's pretty damn impressive.

I got to disagree big time here, man. Dan Henderson? Who exactly has Henderson beaten? Wandy? Wandy hasn't been the same since the Cro Cop knock out. After that fight, Henderson lost two straight, then beat a no-name, won a decision against Rich Franklin in a fight that in my opinion Franklin should have won, and beat the overrated Bisping, by just throwing overhand right after overhand right. Diaz's run is much more impressive than that, my man.

I agree with you there. But there are plenty of fights for Diaz at 185 once he completely wipes out Strikeforce's Welterweight division.

I see where you're coming from, and I definitely wish he were in the UFC as well, but since he's not, we only can judge off of what he's been doing outside of the UFC, and it's been one hell of a run thus far if you ask me.

Gomi and Zaromskis are top talent i never said anything about them, maybe we can agree do disagree:) He is good and if he continues like this even i am going to start puting in there for the top 10 p4p.

There is quote i have in my head, i heard him say that he did not want to fight over 170 but Strikeforce "pressured" him to doing it, i could be wrong maybe you remember him saying that. It would be sad because a fight with Henderson or Jacaré is something i really want to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back