• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stress

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Okay so ever since I've decided to go back to school to get further my education, I have been finding it more difficult from what I remember. I have been out of school for I would say almost 5 years and I was thrilled to go back as I felt like I could take it all on. We'll now that my first year is nearly complete I must say I'm burnt the fuck out. The first semester wasn't as bad but the second semester is where all the work and assignments just seemed to be never ending. This month alone I have 6 major projects due by the beginning of next month, I've only completed 3 and finding time for the others is pretty stressing.

Along with all that I'm trying to hold down a part time job at my local CO-OP until I finish with my school, but the schedules can be rather conflicting and I'm stressing out just trying to juggle all of this. On top of that I'm having frequent arguments with my women and that really does no help my cause in the least. Then I have family on my case on what I plan to do for a career when I honestly have no clue but they keep on dishing out the pressure and I think its starting to affect my health.

So that is my story. What I want to know is what kind of things really stress you out? how do you deal with stress? What kind of methods do you utilize in order to cope with everyday stresses?

What I have picked up is every odd night I will sit down in complete silence and darkness with a few lit candles and meditate for about 20-30 minutes a night. I do this every time before I got to bed, it helps my clear my mind, focus and get my head on straight and put a lot into perspective. My anxiety has gone down and I've been able to get my anger under control. It also helps me get to sleep at night as being under a lot of stress really wasn't good for my sleep.

I get stressed out easily. A lot of things stress me out. Family issues, financial issues, school stressed me out big time before I graduated, and sometimes stupid little things that shouldn't bother me but do will stress me out, but it's nothing I can't handle. Listening to music always helps me. Beating up on jobbers that I love to hate on Smackdown VS Raw 2009 is a good form of stress relief. If I had a dime for all of the matches between Stone Cold or The Rock VS my Art professor jobber, I'd be RICH. No DQ rules of course, with lots of weapons used. Loads of fun. Posting on here can honestly be stress relief too on occassion due to the fact that looking through many threads gets my mind off of what was bugging me, especially if I listen to music at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back