Storylines & Promo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
As we all know Cm Punk had quiet possible the best promo that anyone has seen in the last 5 to 10 years.. OMG It had me on the edge of my seat listening to what he had to say as a WWE fan it was just bone chilliing. This is what I was taking about when I made a post on wrestlezone a few week's ago about storylines and promo's been a little bit realistic and edgy.. You can still have a edgy and realistic storyline & promo in the PG Era, if either vince or the creative team come up with a good script to write for the show. For me im not a big fan of script writing in the WWE day there's to much of it I don't mind a little bit of it. I would rather have a wrestler like John Cena or Cm Punk or The Miz etc speak there own mind and create there own type of storyline with the other wrestler there facing in the storyline.

I would like your thoughts on what I just said Thank's :lmao:

Totaly agree. Last night showed what can be achieved in the PG era if someone is able to give a believable promo.
Would it have been as memorable if Punk dropped the "F" bomb a few times or led the crowd in a loud asshole chant. Not in my opinion, because if a character is swearing every other word and bleeding like a stuck pig every match what is left to turn things up a notch.

This might make all the Attitude era fans give the PG era a chance.

I totally agree. More reality in the wrestlers themselves and the stroylines is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction. Even in the much maligned "PG era" Case in point: Who hasn't gotten up at least once and pretended to just DESTROY a wrestler on the mic? Alone, with friends, it doesn't matter. When me and my friends do it, we get the most laughs when we do our own "worked shoots" where we take pieces of truth and mix it in. Also it's been said for YEARS that the best are the ones who are purely themselves with the volume turned all the way up. These are just 2 of the many examples that prove that the more real and realistic something is, the easier it is to get over. Want proof? UFC. What's more real than mixed martial arts? Why is UFC's popularity boom making WWE look like it's almost standing still? (besides some horrible writing and booking on WWE's part but I digress) WWE will never be UFC (and part of me is glad. It SHOULDN'T be), but then HOW are they going to take something and make it more real and believable? By letting its performers be more like themselves. I think this turn towards more realism in the writing whether it was performer driven or not is EXCELLENT. This makes me not want to read the spoilers. Why did I start in the first place? Everything got boring to me. "So let's see what's going on here.....yeah yeah yeah nothing special. Ok got a free night there. Now, what's Raw got to offer since that's being taped too this week.....uh huh uh huh, ok so in other words I got next Monday night free too." But now *gasp* I want to watch. And there's spoilers up so I....wait. Wait just a sec. I think I wanna be surprised next week. This was good enough that I want to see first hand and hopefully be as shocked as everyone was tonight by something stellar. So yeah, let the wrestlers be themselves more rather than scripting every single line. How much would you not be able to contain yourselves if a scenario like this happened?

Santino comes out, starts to do the Cobra and then shakes his head no, knocks his opponents out of the ring and then gets on the mic and with NO ACCENT & begins trashing his own gimmick and the Cobra and he's just going off, he's totally shooting and everyone's getting into it and then has whomever they're facing say McGillicutty and Otunga rip him saying that's all he deserves and he's just a comedy act and whatnot. Santino thinks for a second and, back in accent says "You're Right"" and finishes hitting Otunga with the Cobra before saying "But my crappy-a gimmick still more OVER-A denna yousa ever be!" and starts trumpeting around the ring.

Normal WWE writing, but a hint of "let the mind behind Santino come out and REALLY play and after HE'S HIMSELF for a few minutes then he can go back to being the writing team's humor segment of the night". This is just one example but more reality in wrestling at just the right places could make almost any show or segment better.

I am gonna keep this short!!! CM punk is Gold on the Mic and the WWE is very very stupid if indeed he is gonna leave!! The WWE maybe wanna think to themselves that punk has more than one point!! Is it the best ass kisser who gets rewarded?? Is the WWE about just the kids kids kids??? I highly doubt the WWE listens or cares what us adults want. I agree that Punk is gold in the ring gold on the mic!! He is the best thing the wwe has going right now. For them to let him go is asinine.. Back up the brinks truck Vince offer punk anything he wants including kicking your golden boys ass!! Praise punk :worship:

Yes i agree that was a great promo, but you just heard Punk crap all over the company you "love" to watch and watch every week(no matter how much you all complain about it). But i remember when The Rock came back everyone said the exact same thing that you are about Punk. "It's the greatest promo in the past 10 years, blah blah blah". I know half the people are happy about what Punk said because their Cena-Haters, mainly the reason why everyone liked Rock's promo on Cena. If Punk truly is leaving the WWE, and you are a true WWE fan. Then you should not be cheering Punk for crapping all over the company, if he is actually leaving for good. I love WWE to death, and if Punk is leaving then i say what he did was very unsportsmanlike and he's got no class and i wish he'd just leave. But if he is staying and its all just an angle, then i will say thats a great promo.

I think there were a few things that were established last night----

One, Punk---GOD :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:. I never really cared for him, or any of his promos (because let's face it, a promo is a promo is a promo....it's the job OF the promo to get your threat/point/story across), but last night. I rank it up there with Shane Douglass's throwing down of the belt in ECW.

Secondly, the WWE was so HUGE on turning the corner and making everything PG, ...with Linda's sunken political career, the focus is off of the company, I think last night was already planned in some ways. Let's get back to being in your face. Notice the increasing number of swear words as of late? Sexual innuendos? The Rock saying the things he did? Grant it, I know that anymore, SOB is so natural on TV, but I don't think anyone wants their 8 year old saying "The big show is a sonofabitch" because The Rock may have uttered those words.

Third.....whos to say that Vinnie wasn't COMPLETELY in on it? C'mon IWC...think Survivor Series. He was in on that. He screwed one of his top commodities, so in reality, I wouldn't put past VKM ANYTHING that he wasn't privvy to. Do you really think for a second that ANYTHING would ever hit the air without him or John knowing?? They may have had to grab John from the back and have him watch it because there may have been 99% of the back stage crew not know he was going to go that route. Maybe really, CM Punk was just the mouthpiece for Vinnie? Maybe he doesn't like HHH? Maybe he's worried that after he leaves, Steph will run it into the ground? Yes I know...I'm reaching, but I'm just saying....The way that Vinnie helped ECW back when it was on the brink of folding, and incorporating them in a PPV, invasion angle, and such....the fact that ROH was mentioned....c'mon...I'm telling you. Vinnie knew. He may have been the only one....but he knew.

Honestly, I can't imagine Triple H and Vince calling themselves and their family members doofuses. That Punk promo was improvised, Vince most likely told him he had 5 minutes to say what he want and when they thought he got out of hand they would cut him off. I don't know why they did it, but WWE writers definitely did not write that.

Honestly, I can't imagine Triple H and Vince calling themselves and their family members doofuses.

Really? You can't see Vince McMahon being OK with somebody verbally abusing him on live TV? Were you paying attention when he appeared to WET HIS PANTS on live TV during an angle with Steve Austin? The guy's had his head shaved, dropped trou on national television, bled and taken unprotected chairshots to the head in order to advance a story line for his company...and you actually think he'd have a problem with taking a little verbal abuse from CM Punk?

As far as Stephanie and Triple H go - yeah. I'm sure Stephanie would have a big problem being called "stupid". It's not like there was a period not too long ago where a wrestler would routinely call her a "bottom-feeding trashbag ho". Triple H hasn't EVER been called anything worse than "doofus" on WWE programming, right?

It AMAZES me the level to which so many of you honestly WANT to believe this wasn't a work - you've invested so much time and effort in claiming that Vince is an out-of-touch idiot who's ruining the business that when the "creative team" that you hate so much comes up with something truly compelling, you can't do anything other than insist that it was all real.

It's PRO WRESTLING...NOTHING is real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back