• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Storm's a comin'

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
According to several sources inside Full Sail University, former TNA star James Storm is backstage at NXT Takeover Respect.

WZ cannot confirm at this time whether or not there are plans to use Storm on the show tonight, but as seen in the photo below, he is indeed at Full Sail University (alongside Billy Gunn, on the right), the site of tonight’s Takeover Respect special.

storm-fullsail.jpg

Always had a soft spot for James Storm and I'd love it if he got involved with NXT.

Lets do a little better than Joe though; and by that I mean his ring music ugh.

James Storm has always been one of TNA's shining lights, in my opinion, and is one of those who could easily fit in against countless NXT AND WWE superstars; however, he may just be visiting friends like Samoa Joe, so let's not read too much into this story until we see him on camera tonight...

I hate reports like this. Now if Storm doesn't show up on tv people will be disappointed and if he does it won't be a surprise. You know how people always say WWE can't surprise us anymore and can't keep a secret? It's because people go out of their way looking to spoil them. It's like being a kid at Christmas and sneaking a peek at your gifts and then being upset that there aren't any surprises under the tree.

Not directing this at you specifically, PG. I don't know if you care about surprises or not. Just a general blanket statement.

I hate reports like this. Now if Storm doesn't show up on tv people will be disappointed and if he does it won't be a surprise. You know how people always say WWE can't surprise us anymore and can't keep a secret? It's because people go out of their way looking to spoil them. It's like being a kid at Christmas and sneaking a peek at your gifts and then being upset that there aren't any surprises under the tree.

Not directing this at you specifically, PG. I don't know if you care about surprises or not. Just a general blanket statement.

I completely agree, Brain. Of course, people will no doubt say, "well why do you use this site then?", to which I'd reply that I read the Raw, Smackdown, NXT and Impact results as, quite simply, I don't have the time to watch 8+ hours of wrestling every week, and the shows (except NXT which to be honest I keep forgetting to watch) just aren't good enough for me to make the time, so I come on here. (I don't read results for ppvs or Lucha Underground as I watch(ed) them; I even turn off my phone every year until i watch the Royal Rumble to avoid spoiling it for myself!)

I understand that spoilers are a by-product of wanting to read results, but it does take away from the product immensely when you are anticipating a surprise. Take the last two Wrestlemanias. I knew the Rock had landed in New Orleans, and whilst I popped for his entrance, it was expected; I didn't know he was in Santa Clara this year, and given the reaction of the crowd, I gather not many people did, and he got the pop of the night.

Anyway as I said earlier, I'd love Storm to show up in WWE somewhere, but he may very well be visiting friends so I'll reserve judgment until I see him on camera

That doesn't look anything like Storm. First off, that guy has blondish hair. Also, would James Storm wear a suit? No. Finally, he's taller than Storm. And I know that by using the other man in the picture as a reference.

I love surprises but you guys would have seen it as it was on the main page so as is the norm, I shared it. But I get what you mean and who in wrestling doesn't love a good old surprise. Kinda glad they are waiting.

But regardless of his absence it was a tremendous show, just by reading the results. I'll get it this Sunday.

He's pretty old and mostly unknown to WWE audiences. I can't see them using him much as an in-ring talent, but he'd make a fantastic trainer.

James Storm has added a pink shade to his twitter DP in support of WWE and Susan Komen's charity/awareness/whatever, tweeted "$9.99 #SorryAboutYourDamnLuck" and seems very happy and thankful today. I'm guessing the rumors are right this time around. Looking forward to watching him on NXT.
WrestlingPundit raised a good point that until a couple of years ago, the WWE [led by Vince] didn't even consider guys like Storm and Joe worthy to be in the company, but now all of a sudden, they are seen as veterans of the business that can help the brand and its talents.

:(

......no.......

I have professed my love for Storm and disdain towards TNA for not pulling the trigger on him that fateful fall with Roode aplenty to you.

He has that charisma, I wanna see where this goes.

Meltzer said this on Observer radio today, paraphrasing from the Boards:

"Storm will be at the Performance Center for a couple of days and will be helping out at the tapings tonight. It's identical to how they brought in Adam Pearce a guy who WWE audiences wouldn't know but who has a ton of talent and has helped train a lot of really good young wrestlers. Storm's at a point in his career where a WWE run won't do much for WWE because of his age and WWE audiences not knowing who he is, but he could make a valuable trainer who works the odd match here or there. He'll get a lot more longevity from being a trainer than he ever will from just wrestling for WWE."

Now WWE needs to set their sights on his former tag team partner. Who knows, he may be out of work in the foreseeable future.

James Storm in WWE in any capacity is a hell yes, I was shocked by this because I thought they were just scouting him for a trainer type position but if he makes any actual headway and gets a push I'll be ecstatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back