• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Store Greeters

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Seriously, could you get any lazier? Their "job" is to stand in place, hand you a cart and welcome you in the store.

A fricken sign can do the job better than I've seen some of them do it. Seriously, I walked in Wal*Mart a couple days ago.. the "greeter" was talking to their friends (I assume) and didn't greet me at all. Didn't offer to give me a cart, I had to walk into their tunnel to get one, and didn't bother asking if I needed directions into their store.

Seriously.. why do stores hire greeters, when they don't even "greet."

I think P.E teachers have the laziest job ever. Unforunatly we don't have 'store greeters' at Asda so must just be another american thing. Though saying that they do have trolley collectors in the car park, thats a pretty lazy job.

I've been to a Walmart. We have like 3 of them in the UK. The really big Asdas are called Walmart superstores. They're pointlessly big. It would take Linford Christie an hour to get from one end to the other. Seriously, a shop where you stand at one end and can't see the other is overkill.

There could be like 25, maybe 30 normal sized shops in that space. And half of it is fucking George at Asda anyway.

Yeah, Hull City Council built a brand new £80m shopping centre to attract people to the city. Then let Tescos rent out half of it.

I'm sure everyone thinks "Let's go to Hull, they have a Tescos!"

Then the council wonders why they were voted the worst performing in the country.

We don't have many Tesco's in Cumbria, I think they did but had to close nearly all of them down because farmers got everyone to boycott them for some reason.

Truth be told, I'm jealous of them. I always wanted to get paid for standing in place and saying hello to everyone who walks in a door. Lucky bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back