• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stone Cold Steve Austin Hall of Fame?

Total Impact

A Poster Name Total Impact
Is it me, but has anyone notice not only the lack of hype for WrestleMania, but the lack of buzz of the fact that Stone Cold Steve Austin is going into the WWE Hall of Fame? I mean when Hogan was going in, all we got for weeks was finally the Hall of Fame was complete as Hogan was in and that night was special and it felt special weeks and days before it happen.

Then when Bret Hart entered and once again it had that special feel to it, like the Hall of Fame was important and something to watch. Then last year we don’t even have to speak about it, as it was one of the greatest Hall of Fame ceremonies in my opinion, sure it was long, but it was funny and had a lot of great stories.

But this year, Austin, was suppose to be by J.R.’s book the man who was the biggest wrestler ever, bigger than Hogan, bigger than Flair, is getting little to no buzz about his Hall of Fame induction and it’s in his home state. So is just the WWE not hyping the Hall of Fame well this year, or does it prove that Austin wasn’t a big name as we thought he was?

i think its been over the past month
12 rounds
danny fisher
miles jackson
wrestlemania 25

an i thought they would of had austin appear on raw once or twice since he been announced

I totally agree with you about the Hall of fame not being hyped..I"m mean for god sake it Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, The Funks, Howard Finkel(longest running wwe employee)...I mean i hope this movie 12 rounds is that good and thats the reason they are hyping it more then the Hall of fame and Wrestlemania...

Meh...no offense, but they've announced a new inductee every week for what...2 months now?

That coupled with the fact that for the past 3-4 years it's happened on the weekend of WM so wrestling fans know to expect it.

Either way, I couldn't care less as I never watch them when they air, I always pick up the WM dvd sets and watch them uncut without commercials. Much more enjoyable.

Though I DO agree that 12 rounds being pushed down our throats this time of year was unacceptable. I might've gone to see it as a joke on a day I was really bored as an occasional generic action movie is ok every now and then, but I refuse to now with how often they "exclusively" showed me scenes of it instead of advancing storylines for WM.

Yeah, no big hype here either. But the attendance will go crazy tho for the HOF as Austin is inducted. I personally cannot wait for this.

Does anyone want to take wagers on who will get the bigger reception between Hogan or Austin from the fans? I was at the Hall of Fame in Los Angeles, and I have to tell you, even though this is in Texas, I still don't see Austin getting the reception Hogan got.

Hogan got a 6 minute standing ovation from the fans for his Hall of Fame induction. Here it is, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhgKBRqNvw

I just don't see Austin beating that.

Not to say Austin will or will not, but Hogan had 3 generations of little hulkamaniacs to cheer him on. Austin will only have 1. Hogan Slammed Andre, then Battled Sting, then took on the Rock and made 70,000 people mark out like 9 year olds. Austin didn't have that huge run, he had the best 2-4 years of anybody, but Hogan has been #1 for almost 30 years. Nobody will ever get the reception Hogan got.

Then again, nobody has been as hot as Austin was. So if the Toyota Center, 20,000 people are all there from Attitude era, it could get loud, and it could get long

Not to say Austin will or will not, but Hogan had 3 generations of little hulkamaniacs to cheer him on. Austin will only have 1. Hogan Slammed Andre, then Battled Sting, then took on the Rock and made 70,000 people mark out like 9 year olds. Austin didn't have that huge run, he had the best 2-4 years of anybody, but Hogan has been #1 for almost 30 years. Nobody will ever get the reception Hogan got.

Then again, nobody has been as hot as Austin was. So if the Toyota Center, 20,000 people are all there from Attitude era, it could get loud, and it could get long

Great post; thats exactly my point when how can people say Austin is bigger Hogan when Hogans ben P4P #1 since the early 80's. Hogan is still the guy people want to know if he's showing up for Mania every year. Hogans=Jordan Austin=Lebron no matter how you put you never over shadow that legend.

i think its actually stupid that WWE is hyping a movie that will be out in theaters for months and months more than Wrestlemania 25 "the biggest day of these superstars careers"

the movie is getting to much of a push, that's why im getting bored of it already lol

WWE Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania 25 need to be hyped more than once on each show, 3 times in one week is not good...they need to hype WM like 30 times in a week, get different channels to air commercials for wm. Smackdown this friday is the last hope for a big hype for mania...lets see how much they push 12 rounds again that night lol

i think that the wwe hall of fame this year and austins induction isnt a big deal because its too early for austin to be inducted!
there are too many names that should have gone into the hall of fame before austin!
the people dont look at austin in a nostalgic enough way yet for him to be inducted!
guys like savage, warrior, honkytonk man, jake roberts, yokozuna, ted dibiase, etc etc should have gone in before austin!
their runs were over a decade before austins!!!!!
if austin was to be inducted at wm30 - in another 5 years...then it would be special!
but now...its just too damn early!

ps: the ovation hogan got was over 12 minutes at the hall of fame...however you have to watch the ceremony in its entirety to view that ovation!
ill bet you 1000 - 1 that austin will not get even close to the ovation that hogan got!
hes not as big a star as hogan is. its that simple!

i think that the wwe hall of fame this year and austins induction isnt a big deal because its too early for austin to be inducted!
there are too many names that should have gone into the hall of fame before austin!
the people dont look at austin in a nostalgic enough way yet for him to be inducted!
guys like savage, warrior, honkytonk man, jake roberts, yokozuna, ted dibiase, etc etc should have gone in before austin!
their runs were over a decade before austins!!!!!
if austin was to be inducted at wm30 - in another 5 years...then it would be special!
but now...its just too damn early!

ps: the ovation hogan got was over 12 minutes at the hall of fame...however you have to watch the ceremony in its entirety to view that ovation!
ill bet you 1000 - 1 that austin will not get even close to the ovation that hogan got!
hes not as big a star as hogan is. its that simple!

I agree completely, its not like Austins on massive drug abuse or gonna die (god forbid of course) but jeez, it is too eartly..if u induct Steve austin right now, they better just induct the Rock next WM!

Austin is the biggest draw, with the possible exception of the Rock, that the WWE's had since Hogan was in his prime probably around the very early 1990s. As has been pointed out, the problem is that Austin really only had about 5 or 6 really great years in the WWE before various injuries forced him into early retirement whereas Hogan had been a mega star in the two biggest wrestling companies in the business for roughly 16 years. From 1984 until about the middle of 2000, Hulk Hogan still was the most recognizable face in wrestling.

Vince's formula for the HOF seems to be to induct at least one major player a year, a player that's still been very visual and/or remembered by fans. There wasn't a lot of hype surrounding the 2004 class because the inductees had been out of the spotlight for a very long time, even though all of them were very deserving with the exception of Pete Rose. Then when Hogan's turn came about the next year, they were shoving the HOF down our throats at every turn. In '06 it was sort of the same with Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero, though fans cared about that because of the obvious problems between himself and Vince and were surprised to hear he was even gonna be inducted and with Guerrero's death still kinda fresh and raw. It sort of depends how you look at it. For Vince, it's all about business first and nostalgia comes in at a very distant second. He needs a huge name to sell to a televsion audience, and possibly to a WM audience since there's always a chance to see Austin get involved in one of the matches.

Stone Cold's going to get a huge reception at the hall of fame this year. Him and Hulk Hogan are the biggets two wrestlers in the history of the WWE period. You can argue a case for either one being the bigger of the two stars, whether it was the crazy amount austin earned during his run, same with hogan. It can be argued about hogans longevity at the top of the game compared to austins, or you could argue hogan stayed around wayyy to long and austin got out relatively still on top. Tons of arguments for either one, I don't care im not talkin about that. This hall of fame is gonna be amazing, as one of the top stars will be inducted. We will get to revisit a great career. I know he's gonna great ovation, because at all the other hall of fames hes gotten great ovations. At the brett hart hall of fame he was marked out big as the fans chanted for him and the austin/hogan chants for a match. At 2007 they marked out for him again when he inducted JR. In 2008 he got marked out for again as the fans chanted austin/rocky for one last match. And now its his turn. He hasn't wrestled a match in 6 years hes eligible for this, and I am stoked to see it. Hogans induction was cool to see, Hart's was cool to see, Flairs was cool to see, and now Austins will be cool to see.

I hope that he drinks about 8 beers when he gets up onto the stage. I think that tomorrow night, SCSA will get the biggest ovation yet... and IMO he deserves it. He defined the Attitude Era, and as much of a fan as I am of the Old School 80's WWF, the late 90's was far better overall. I think he was far more exciting than Hogan, and if it weren't for some unfortunate injuries, he would still be on top.

Stone Cold's going to get a huge reception at the hall of fame this year. Him and Hulk Hogan are the biggets two wrestlers in the history of the WWE period. You can argue a case for either one being the bigger of the two stars, whether it was the crazy amount austin earned during his run, same with hogan. It can be argued about hogans longevity at the top of the game compared to austins, or you could argue hogan stayed around wayyy to long and austin got out relatively still on top. Tons of arguments for either one, I don't care im not talkin about that. This hall of fame is gonna be amazing, as one of the top stars will be inducted. We will get to revisit a great career. I know he's gonna great ovation, because at all the other hall of fames hes gotten great ovations. At the brett hart hall of fame he was marked out big as the fans chanted for him and the austin/hogan chants for a match. At 2007 they marked out for him again when he inducted JR. In 2008 he got marked out for again as the fans chanted austin/rocky for one last match. And now its his turn. He hasn't wrestled a match in 6 years hes eligible for this, and I am stoked to see it. Hogans induction was cool to see, Hart's was cool to see, Flairs was cool to see, and now Austins will be cool to see.

Everytime Austin got teh big ovation, it involved the fans wanting him to wrestle Hogan or Hart and not much to do with him. I think that Austin will get the main event type ovation in the arena, but I think it's a shame that the WWE didn't center hall of fame around Austin like they did with flair, Hart, Hogan, and even Dusty Rhodes. I'm not an Austin fan, but the guy is getting no hype what so ever. Its starting to make me think that may be the Hall of Fame could be Austin last night in the WWE as he hasn't appeared on Raw hyping the hall of fame, nor has the WWE hyped him really being in the Hall of Fame. Anyway I just thougt for a man who people consider to be bigger than Hogan, Flair, Hart, and Rhodes, is getting as much hype as Pete Rose when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Austin, was suppose to be by J.R.’s book the man who was the biggest wrestler ever, bigger than Hogan, bigger than Flair,

Austin bigger than Flair or Hogan? Laughable.

Flair was the gold standard as far as the NWA was concerned as was the face of that federation for years. While Hogan is the most popular and recognized wrestler ever.

I used to be a fan of Austin's until I found out he abused women. Some hero!

Austin bigger than Flair or Hogan? Laughable.

Flair was the gold standard as far as the NWA was concerned as was the face of that federation for years. While Hogan is the most popular and recognized wrestler ever.

I used to be a fan of Austin's until I found out he abused women. Some hero!

While Austin is obviously not as big as Hogan, I think, from an outsider's point of view, Austin has more recgonition than Flair in that sense. Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan is, most people know who Stone Cold Steve Austin is, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesnt have any involvment towards wrestling who could tell you who Ric Flair is. All three were important to wrestling for their times - there would be no ATTITUDE without Austin. All three are where they belong, in the Hall of Fame. That's all that matters.

It's a shame that Austin has a bad personal record with women. Hey, at least he hasn't killed anybody yet. That would be all we need right, like Chris Benoit 2.0 over here. Let's forget that they're the best performers of their time and focus on the fact that they have personal struggles... That's what the WWE would do. Could you Imagine if Austin did something reprehensible and he became a MR. NEVER EXISTED like Chris Benoit?

Nobody's perfect, but that doesn't matter to me whether it be anybody

Damn the WWE cut out so much out of the HOF, hopefully I can watch Austins full induction, but I gotta agree with everyone, he is the #2 man of the WWE (behind Hogan of course) . You gotta respect Austin for what he did tonight, especially what he did in the end when he passed that beer to Cena, truly a class act. Incredibly symbolic form of passing the torch tonight!

What I was really looking forward for tonight was the Who was the Greatest Legend of Wrestlemania poll result. For over a month we had to vote every week to determine who was the Greatest Legend of Wrestlemania. And today they were suppose to announce the winner but they didn't. It was a toss up between Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, HHH, and my pick Bret Hart. I guess maybe they didn't like the result.

What I was really looking forward for tonight was the Who was the Greatest Legend of Wrestlemania poll result. For over a month we had to vote every week to determine who was the Greatest Legend of Wrestlemania. And today they were suppose to announce the winner but they didn't. It was a toss up between Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, HHH, and my pick Bret Hart. I guess maybe they didn't like the result.

Oh god no offence but that poll was incredibly unfair..they just drafted superstars to certain pools and now have the winner of each pool just standing off against one another..hogan almost lost to the rock by like 3% lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back