Stings face paint? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unforgiven

Occasional Pre-Show
Ive been watching TNA for about 2 years now and i never realized it before but what happened to Stings face paint? i went back n watched old WCW videos on YouTube n he looked soooo much cooler n scarier. He had so much more of The Crow aspect in the face paint. Am I going nuts here or does anybody else see it to?

yeah your not alone when he was in WCW it was more like the crow character which was scott hall's idea btw but neway when he came to TNA hes changed it up a bit.. but i really don't like TNA to much so i tend not to watch it

I like it when Sting changes his face paint up, It freshens his look a little bit, I especially love the crow paint, When it's accompanies it with the green paint.

I think his face paint in WCW was they best though, It was mysterious at the time, And a totally radical change from the "Surfer" Sting.

I have 3 favorite Sting paints;

3. GAB 1990 when he beat Flair for WCW Title. The Red, White, and Blue was the best Surfer Sting look for me.

2. Black and White from 98-99. The paint is very similar to its current look, but has the extended black coming down from the lips where the current does not, very badass!

3. Call me Crazy, but my favorite of all time is from Bound For Glory 2006. The white, black, and red was symbolic of all aspects in his career, a mix of surfer, crow, and even wolfpack! His coat that night however, was something else.

Sting used the Crow-style face paint because that's what his character represented. He's not that character anymore. His style of speech is different (although he rarely spoke as the Crow), and his vignettes always had poetic styles to them. Now he's just like the original sting with black and white face paint.

My favorite was the NWO Wolfpack Sting with the red and black, i used to have a shirt with him on it like that back in first grade, i liked Sting and Kane back then cause of the face paint and the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back