Sting in WWF/E

Father:_Polley

Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
Without doubt, Sting is the biggest name in wrestling to have never graced the WWF/E with his presence, and has presumably turned down the chance many times to come to the biggest company in the business.

Has Sting ruined his own legacy by not joining Vince? Or does this make him a standout?
Why has he not wanted to join?
Would he actually be good enough to make it?

All valid questions I've heard posed about the man. What are your views

Personally, I think while WWE would benefit from his contract, the real reason Sting has not signed with WWE is that he has seen the example of others such as Vader...people Vince has not made and never been able to get behind properly as a result.

Has he ruined his legacy? I don't think so. To make a name as a legend of the industry without going the easy way in the big name company is no easy feat and it is a testament to who he is as a wrestler

As for his ability...Sting has the charisma to carry the crowd, the edginess and ability to put on great matches. If he was allowed to do it, I think he'd hang with the big names easily

Sting is one of my all time favorite guys by far and I actually think its pretty neat that he's never worked for Vince. As far as I know he is the biggest name of our era to have never worked for WWE. Technically he did work for him if only for one night though because Vince owned WCW on the final Nitro and he worked the final match with Flair. I would love to have seen Sting in his prime in the WWF/WWE but that never happened and I doubt he'll ever be a part of the WWE. A Sting dvd would be awesome once he retires from TNA and he can do the dvd with the WWE. Great stuff but it won't cover the end of his career in TNA.

it seems like Sting will most likely retire before WWE tries to get him in their company...although i don't see him being in the WWE for a long run...but what I can see happen is that a huge build could occur if Sting does sign to do one match at WrestleMania against someone who was as popular as he was during his prime. I think for the most part, if Sting ever had to do anything in regards with WWE, i think he would but it would be a one time deal and i think it would be worth it if I were Vince.

Sting is an absolute star and a top 20 guy in the businesses history. I was ASTONISHED that he never went to WWE after the WCW fold. I don't think he has anything to gain by going there now (other than a pocket full of cash).
He definitely could have made it in the WWE back in the day and still could do it today. His charisma steals the show on a regular basis ... and his ring work is pretty solid as well.
As for his legacy ... I think he gets major props for being such a star without Vince and it can only hurt him to "give in" and go to the WWE at this point.

First of all let me start by saying that Sting is my favorite wrestler of all time. He is the main reason why I started watching wrestling and I think the main reason people were so invested in the NWO storyline with him being the WCW's Saviour. In a way I would have loved to see Sting in WWE and work with people like Kane, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Etc...... But I think that if he would have gone to WWE, Vince wouldn't have used him properly and would have killed any credibility Sting has in the business. I think there is still time to bring him in but it would probably only be for one match for Wrestlemania or something. I would have loved to see Ric Flair's retirement match to be with Sting and have him end his career instead of Shawn Michaels. Or at least if Sting would have come out on Raw the next day to pay his respects to Ric. That would have been awesome. Maybe one day, we'll see!!!!

Sting would have done well in the WWE. I don't know too much about his 'best years' as I never watched the WCW. Which in itself is strange for a wrestling fan so I've heard. So much of what I've seen of Sting is old WCW matches and TNA. Due to this I can't have a proper opinion on him, as I never some of his best feuds, how he worked them etc.

However, I liked what I did see. His in ring work seemed solid, and he really knows how to get a crowd behind him. He is also a proven draw, and I think that could have been made a lot higher if he was working with McMahon, who is teh best person in the whole industry.

As for if it ruins his legacy, I say hell no. I think it's great he never came to Vince. Not because I don't want him to. But because he's made such a big name for himself without doing that, something hardly anyone else has ever done. It also feuls all this speculation, as to what would have happened if he had joined. There's only so many times you can debate what a wrestler has done. But you can go on forever speculating what they could have done.

I was at a Q&A with Sting several years ago and he said he wouldn't go the WWE 'cos the sleazy style storylines don't fit in with his christian beliefs.

I was at a Q&A with Sting several years ago and he said he wouldn't go the WWE 'cos the sleazy style storylines don't fit in with his christian beliefs.

That's actually quite an interesting insight into why he hasn't chosen to go to WWE. I know Sting is a Christian and I can see why the likes of WWE's storylines wouldn't run well with him, given the Playboy angles, affairs, relationships with dead wrestlers wives for power.

Part of me has always wondered if he reached a point where he was famous and respected for building himself outside WWE and would lose that if he joined. I can see how that reason is a more feasible one

There was a big shoot interview a few years back when Sting first went to TNA. It had to deal with why Sting returned to the business, and why he chose TNA over the WWE. Apparantely Vince has been coming for Sting for a while, he just can't get the man to sign with him.

It pretty much came down to Sting and his beliefs. Sting simply didn't believe that his beliefs meshed well with McMahon style of storytelling. Also, Sting was pissed with the way the WCW guys were treated in the WWE in 2001. He honestly recognized that to the victor goes the spoils, but to destroy and piss on everything WCW had done right for no other reason then that they could never sat well with Sting. Sting mentions the Booker T vs. Rock feud as an example of this. The way the Rock was allowed to bury Booker T, a former Five time champion at that point (4 of those actually in WCW), was terrible.

I think it's great that he never goes to the WWE. I doubt he'll never go though. If the WWE is going more kid friendly, sting will eventually sign. Maybe not to wrestle, but every wrestler wants to have a legacy that last, and he simply can't provide that with TNA. Stings life is owned by McMahon, like it or not. He'll get a Bret Hart type deal. He'll be allowed to come in, and make a DVD, maybe license his name and likeness for a legends line, but never as a competitor.

Sting in the WWE is one thing I would LOVE to see. Being a HUGE Sting mark, I am very disappointed that he has never signed a contract. I do however understand and respect his decisions. If he were to ever go to WWE all the matches to be had would be EPIC. Just think about it. HBK vs Sting, HHH vs. Sting, Edge vs. Sting, Shelton vs. Sting, and of course the uber popular one of Sting vs. The Undertaker.

The thing is though, if he were to ever sign with the WWE he would NEVER be used right. As much as Vince would try, he does not know how to market people he did not create. Either that or he hates to. If Vince were to have created Sting though he would have been a bonafide Icon, not that he isnt already, but he would have been even more so.

Has he ruined his own legacy though by not signing? I do not think so, he is one of the very few that has carved his name into the annals of the wrestling history books without McMahon backing him. If he ever did sign though I wouldnt complain. It would be interesting to see how they would go about using him.

Bottom Line. I would Love to see it happen, but if it doesnt I wont be heartbroken...not in the least.

Personally I've never been too keen on Sting as an in-ring performer, particularly as of late. But as Uncle Shocky said, if the WWE do go 100% kid friendly maybe he could sign as for a career finale on a sort of legends contract. I'm sure he could financially secure his retirement through the amount of merchandise he'd shift, something he could probaby never achieve with TNA.

Personally I've never been too keen on Sting as an in-ring performer, particularly as of late. But as Uncle Shocky said, if the WWE do go 100% kid friendly maybe he could sign as for a career finale on a sort of legends contract. I'm sure he could financially secure his retirement through the amount of merchandise he'd shift, something he could probaby never achieve with TNA.

Sting's retirement is already plenty "secure." He is a mulit-millioinaire in the business ... and whether in ring or not ... he will always be able to have a role in wrestling.
Obviously he would make some coin to move to WWE, but that has ALWAYS been the case and he has not taken the bait yet. If he was to move, it would definitely not be for financial reasons.

You all sound stupid saying Sting kill his legacy but not signing to wwe if anything he is still a legend because he didn't sign with vince . Sting made it loud and clear in interviews that he doesn't like the way vince treating wcw wrestlers that came to wwe all of them was treated like shit and sting said when booker t had he fued with the rock and when the rock said who the hell are you I never heard of booker t sting fought that very disrespectful if sting would of sign with vince that could of ruined his legacy he couldn't help it cause sting was already a legend sting going to tna was better for him he doesn't wanna wrestle year round and he wants to help the younger talent out in tna

If, and I stress if he ever goes to WWE, they wouldn't do anything with him, just like they have with most of the WCW talent they've aquired. Besides, he's on the tail end of his career, and quite frankly, he's not the great athlete everyone says he is, and he never was. Especially not now - he's just taking up somebody else's well-deserved spot in TNA.

I have a feeling that if Sting were ever to sign with the WWE, it would be a strict and brief legends contract to appear at one Wrestlemania in a match the weekend he was inducted into the Hall of Fame. I doubt he wants to have to endure the WWE schedule for even a year from his family, as he's past his prime and seems to be a big family man.

Sting's retirement is already plenty "secure." He is a mulit-millioinaire in the business ... and whether in ring or not ... he will always be able to have a role in wrestling.
Obviously he would make some coin to move to WWE, but that has ALWAYS been the case and he has not taken the bait yet. If he was to move, it would definitely not be for financial reasons.

Yes he's earned shed loads over the years but I commenting on the assumption that a lot of people make bad investments and financial decisions and we know nothing of Sting's financial background so we can't automatically assume he's got gazillions stashed in the bank.

Not that I wouldn't mind Sting joining the WWE because I only have enough time in my day to tune into WWE programming, but I think he'd be better off by not going.

Look how Vince ruined Goldberg? Any pretty much every other WCW star. Booker T didn't even get a WWE Championship until he stood around for a few years.

And I know dropping from the rafters is a huge part of Sting's character, but isn't that no longer allowed in WWE via the Owen Hart incident? Dunno.

So it's good and bad both ways.

I would mark out if Sting fought against the Rock at Wrestlemania 25. Think about it, neither guy needs to wrestle anymore, they both never fought one another and it would be a nice way to ceelbrate 25 years with two of the eras biggest and hottest stars.

Then Triple H will stick his massive snozz in and demand he is involded, squashing both guys, followed by squashing the inevitable run in from Flair, Steamboat and Jesus, before proclaiming himself God and enslaving the human race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back