• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steve McNair

Steve McNair, 36, has been found dead with gun shot wounds in an apartment in Tennessee. He's a former 11 year NFL veteran, 3-time All-Pro, a co-MVP with Peyton Manning in 2003, and third overall pick in 1995. There was a female victim with him. His wife and children are in Mississippi.

He was one of my favorite players! If his body wasn't so banged up, he would have lead the Ravens to the super bowl. He was a warrior on the field! RIP AIR McNAIR!

Yeah I feel horrible about that shit. My condolences to the Mcnair family. Steve was a true great and should go to the Hall of Fame he may not have the ring but he does have the numbers. One can only speculate about what happened but I don't wanna make any accusations until I know the facts. R.I.P Air McNair.

Well, according to a report that I read last night, he was with a waitress from a restaurant that he and his family when to frequently in an apartment that he owned with a friend. I forgot her name, but she was 20 years old, a friendly person that customers loved. Two days prior to this, she received a DUI with McNair, who was in the passenger seat, in an Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair wasn't driving, so he technically wasn't breaking the law, and was allowed home by taxi.

This doesn't look good at all.

1.) Why were they driving home together at night, drunk?
2.) Why was a car registered to the both of them?
3.) Why were they together in Steve's apartment when they were shot?
4.) Why did this all happen while his wife and kids were in Mississippi?

I can't say for sure, but it looks as though Dad was killed while being unfaithful to Mom. This must be incredibly hard for the family to swallow, and I can't even begin to feel their pain. This just goes to show, that no matter what his friends say about him being a family man and a loving husband, people of that status fool around. This is a horrible situation from any angle you look at it from. I hope that his family finds peace.

These cop dudes just held another press conference. They still aren't revealing much, only that he was shit 4 times on a couch, and alliterated the woman only had a single gunshot to the head. It's pretty obvious it was a murder/suicide, and that McNair was cheating on his wife with this psycho bitch. If there's any kind of bright spot it's that Steve McNair will be known as an adulterer and not as a murderer. Thank Christ this isn't another Benoit situation.

Sad indeed. :disappointed:

These cop dudes just held another press conference. They still aren't revealing much, only that he was shit 4 times on a couch, and alliterated the woman only had a single gunshot to the head. It's pretty obvious it was a murder/suicide, and that McNair was cheating on his wife with this psycho bitch. If there's any kind of bright spot it's that Steve McNair will be known as an adulterer and not as a murderer. Thank Christ this isn't another Benoit situation.

Sad indeed. :disappointed:

There isn't a bright spot in this. I can't even imagine the type of pain his family is going through. How do you mourn a husband that was murdered who was very obviously being unfaithful. What do you say to your younger kids? How does his oldest, a senior in high school, cope with this and remember his dad? This is just an awful situation. Steve McNair put himself in a situation he shouldn't have and payed the ultimate price.

No, there's not when it comes to all of that. I'm obviously talking through public eye. All of this loving praising from former teammates and people who knew him would look pretty bad had this been the other way around, and so would he.

It's sad all around, but at least it isn't worse than what it is for him and his family.

The thing I've heard most from his friends and teammates is how he was a family man. How can they say this now? It's a shame, but I have a hard time feeling bad for him. He was a good player, hard working, and tough, but he brought this upon himself. I feel for his family and for his friends. This is a tough pill to swallow for them. That's an understatement. This would be unbearable. Those kids are going to have to deal with snide remarks about how "Daddy was a cheater", but you're right. At least it isn't, "You're daddy murdered a woman."

This sucks for the McNair family and Steve's friends. I don't think his reputation around his profession will be tarnished like Benoit's but the public perception of him as a "family man" and a great person will certainly be looked at differently.

Any football players death chokes me up. I damn near cried when I heard about Sean Taylor and Darrent Williams.

From what I read about McNair, he was seperated from his wife, and she knew about this other girl, as did alot of people. This at least makes that part of the story a little better. McNair was a tough SOB on the field and he was agreat part of whatever community he was a part of. He went way too soon. I'm so far away from 36, that I can't even imagine being that old, but I do know that 36 is way to old to die, or be killed by a crazy broad.

Apparently, he was shot twice in the head and twice in the chest while laying on the couch. The woman, whose name escapes me, was shot once in the head. Again, it looks like a murder suicide.

Apparently, there were dozens of vacation photos with McNair and the waitress and he told her things like he was going to divorce his wife and be with her. My theory is, he told her that crap as he was just screwing around with her, then told her to get lost and she flipped out.

I wonder how his kids are going to remember him. Shame.

Well from what I've gathered thus far PYT the general consensus is that the woman was McNair's mistress, and that she killed him and than committed suicide. I think it was probably a bit more serious than some harmless flirting. Than again, considering she (most likely) killed him and than committed suicide, she obviously isn't exactly mentally stable, so I suppose anything is possible.

It's a damn shame for his children really. I can't imagine what it would be like to learn some secret like that about your father and know it was responsible for his death (again, this is all going under the notion that the two of them had a relationship).

Either way, he obviously didn't deserve what happened to him, and it's a damn shame that it did. Rest in peace Steve, you won't be forgotten.

A relative of the woman, who was raised like her brother, told police that she had recently purchased a gun. The police say that she likely was the shooter, but he says she had no motive.

The more details have come out, the more it looks like we figured. I say it's a foregone conclusion that this was a murder suicide, but we don't yet know the motive. Love triangles are a bad thing, dude.

0705_steve_mcnair_wm_03_full.jpg

0705_steve_mcnair_wm_04_full.jpg

0705_steve_mcnair_wm_01_full.jpg

0705_steve_mcnair_wm_02_full.jpg

That was Steve McNair and his twenty year old "girlfriend" Sahel Kazemi on vacation, months before the shooting.

Further details on the case:

• McNair's home was up for sale for $3 million, rumors of a looming divorce
  • A gun was found under Kazemi's body
  • McNair was shot three times from further than 3 feet, and once close range
  • The gun was touching Kazemi's head when the gun was fired

This is obviously a murder/suicide. I don't see how anyone could believe differently at this point. As for his family, his wife was said to be very distraught and has yet to comment on the situation. When police informed her it was a homicide, she refused to speak about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back