Steve Austin Inductee Discussion Thread

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Steve Austin is a great star who has won the WrestleZone competition now twice and he truly is a great star. He has some of the greatest moments in the WWE history and is honestly such a great star. He currently alone is getting more views on Tough Enough then TNA is. Steve Austin deserves to get into the Hall of Fame but now is time for the Tough Questions.

Does he deserve to be in at this point?

Does he have as much impact on wrestling as some of the older guys?

So far it has been all wrestlers in the HOF, does Austin deserve in before someone like Vince?

Finally, How do you feel about Steve Austin's induction?

Personally I feel that he definestly deserves to be in the point because of his accolades. I think he does actually have the impact as some of the older guys in the wrestling business. I think that he should be in before guys like Vince McMahon. I am super glad that Austin is in the Hall of Fame because he was on my top 5 list. I think that he clearly has the accolades and the star power and he has made the HOF much better ever since his induction.

But once again what do you think?

Austin probably had the second biggest impact on wrestling in the modern age, after Hulk Hogan of course. He rescued professional wrestling from turning back into a joke, a secondary form of entertainment. WCW was doing relatively well, but they weren't doing anything to save the industry. Austin singlehandedly made wrestling cool again and saved the WWF from certain defeat by WCW.

He's put on some of the greatest matches in WWE history, and easily some of the best feuds in the history of wrestling.

I might have even put Austin above Flair, but having him as a close third ain't bad either.

I wholeheartedly endorse the induction of Steve Austin into the WrestleZone Hall of Fame. The guy has accomplished too much. He held the WWF World title six times, singlehandedly turned the WWF around in its war with WCW, laid the foundation for the company’s “Attitude Era,” and arguably surpassed Hulk Hogan in name recognition (no small feat). He also redefined ideas regarding babyface and heel alignments, and his feud with Vince McMahon was one of the most groundbreaking angles ever. For all these reasons, I would say Austin has impacted wrestling with every bit of the effect of a Hulk Hogan, a Lou Thesz, a Frank Gotch or a “Strangler” Lewis.

As it relates to McMahon, I, for one, hope that the site sticks to inducting wrestlers for now. There may be a place in the Hall for McMahon, but it sure as hell would not be for his accomplishments as a wrestler. I think it is vital that a number of old school picks come first. If McMahon does make it in, categorize him into the “Greatest Promoters of All Time” slot, but please, WrestleZone, do not induct him at the expense of a worthy wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back