Stephzilla Strikes

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Stephanie McMahon blew up before the No Mercy pay-per-view a few weeks ago regarding Chris Jericho being revealed as the SAVEUS campaign. She was really interested in keeping the return a surprise, thus was very upset it leaked. Her reaction was to run all the company cell phone records of the writing team as well as do a forensic check of their computers and e-mails.

This is not the first time this has happened, as events have lead to this in the past, but they did not find a guilty party. Some writers were using their company cell phones to make excessive private calls and they go reamed for it. Several of the writers were said to be upset because they have been under added stress recently with having to completely re-write the No Mercy pay-per-view one week before the show due to John Cena being injured. They felt it was not fair they were getting blamed for the information being leaked.

Stephanie is now talking about revising contracts that would disallow creative team members to speak out publicly and to specifically state that they don't have any ownership to their ideas. She also wants their contracts to ban them from being able to talk publicly after they are no longer with the company, about their experience with the company, or talk about the impressions of talent or anyone they met in the company. This would keep someone from going to TNA and sharing their WWE ideas.

It's in here, because it's just going to get spammy.

This shit is so stupid in my opinion. Honestly, moral is low in the company as it is, and then you want to act like a stupid dictator bitch because a very obvious promo was figured out by the fans, oh, twenty seconds after it aired.

Honestly, I bash creative as much as anyone, but then again, how creative can you be when you constantly are just being bitched at by a spoiled little girl that probably only has her job because daddy gave it to her. So pretty much the WWE disallows free thought and self expression, yup, that's the good way to hire qualified people that know the business.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the WWE tries to go against the grain too many damn times. They try to keep things from the IWC, and they don't realize we on the IWC have no lives and will try to figure everything out. I think it would be much simpler if they went back to embracing the fans and the IWC and breaking down the Kayfabe bullshit. It's not 1985, it's 2007, people realize it's fake, people realize it's staged, and people realize that these guys aren't in character 24/7. Wake the fuck up.

If they don't want people to know about Jericho's return then they shouldn't do a promo about it. It's that simple.

To be honest with you i think she kinda has a point about leaking things, because it spoils storylines a lot more than used to be the case before the internet was so massive. I know sometimes even though it might spoil it for me when I watch WWE, I read spoilers just because sometimes I get bored. So I think most of what Steph is suggesting is just sensible on WWe's part because people will have to tune in to find out what happens, and complain less because it will be more unpredictable. On the other hand I totaly disagree with the bit about not letting the writers own any of it, it basicaly makes them WWE's complete slaves.

Then again maybe its just because Steph is fit as fook that I am not too bothered about it, the lines between my penis and my brain became blurred a long time ago...

But look at how many people it goes through before us as fans read it.

Someone thinks it up. That someone says something, then that someone tells something to someone. Meltzer gets a hold of it, Meltzer post it, we see a headline, we read it. It's not exactly like this people in WWE are doing it on purpose either. Whose to say they just don't happen to say something to someone, and it telephones from that point on.

It's not a matter of national security, it's the WWE, and it's bad story telling to begin with.

And like Jake, er Cake said, if they don't want anyone knowing, don't run a promo, it's that simple. People have been reading rumors for the last two years about Jericho returning, and the "clues" in the promos point to him. Don't make it that obvious if you don't want people to know. Honestly, I think the WWE thinks that most of it's viewers have the IQ of a doorknob.

If anything they should want the rumour to get out. At the end of the promo last night they should have showed the Cyber Sunday logo.

The majority of fans want Jericho to return. WWE should use it to it's advantage and get more PPV buys. It's so simple it's frustrating.

Yea i think your both right, usually when somebody comes back out of the blue it is a lot more entertaining. Like when The Rock, Stone Cold, HBK or any other major guy in the company has returned until rectently they would turn up out of the blue. The Mysterio, and HHH returns were announced beforehand to increase PPV buys, so I kinda agree with you when I think about it, they should have done one or the other. The promo idea was a bad one, or they should have at least designed the promos so that they were not so obviously to do with him. The only people who will be suprised when Jericho appears are the little kids who watch Mysterio, Batista, Cena, HHH, etc. And they won't even know/remember who he is.

Well I guess if you can take one good thing out of the original post, the WWE is starting to see TNA as a threat.

Yea i think your both right, usually when somebody comes back out of the blue it is a lot more entertaining. Like when The Rock, Stone Cold, HBK or any other major guy in the company has returned until rectently they would turn up out of the blue. The Mysterio, and HHH returns were announced beforehand to increase PPV buys, so I kinda agree with you when I think about it, they should have done one or the other. The promo idea was a bad one, or they should have at least designed the promos so that they were not so obviously to do with him. The only people who will be suprised when Jericho appears are the little kids who watch Mysterio, Batista, Cena, HHH, etc. And they won't even know/remember who he is.

IF i remember reading right, this years summerslam had a considerable amount fewer buys this year with all of the hype of these two returning.

TNA has a ton of problems, but I've found their pay per views more enjoyable this year.

They should put the friction between Angle and Jarret into a storyline between the two. I miss a good old faction war, and when they chat shit about each other they will actually mean it too.

If they don't want people to know about Jericho's return then they shouldn't do a promo about it. It's that simple.

^^^WWE should follow this format from now on.

There is such a thing as over-hyping. This is the reason why I haven't watched See No Evil, The Marine, and The Condemned, because from all the hype it has gotten on WWE programming, I feel like I have already watched those three movies one hundred times each. I have no desire to watch either movie even though I can easily watch all three for free whenever I want. WWE showed about 20 clips from each of their films, but they should have only showed a couple teaser trailers to leave the fans wanting more like most movie companies do.

Like Shockmaster said, it is nearly impossible to keep things from getting leaked online, Steph is only "crying over spilled milk". It is extremely obvious it's Jericho anyway, last night's clue was X29, the X will turn into Y and the 9 will will turn into J. Soooooooooooo Simple! We are not monkeys damnit!

Me no watching free TV wrestling anymore, it is horrible. I do buy their PPV's on DVD, when now I just rent WWE.

I buy every WWE & TNA DVD. I think I'm mildly obsessive. WWE non PPV DVD's are amazing. They haven't done a truly shit one in years. TNA profile DVD's on the other hand are crap. Well not crap. But 5 minute iMPACT matches aren't worthy of a DVD and Abyss vs. Styles from Lockdown 05 mush be on about 15 DVD's by now. You can usually find some good on all of them though.

Ya the WWE's non ppv DVDS are amazing, and I buy everyone of those. if WWE 24/7 was available where I live, I would be on that shit all day every day. TNA's profile DVD's are horrible. I'm still trying to make it through the Abyss DVD.

Impact last week wasnt that bad, how far are they behind on Bravo Jake? It was crap the first 2 hour week, but this week it was ok. Better than Raw in my opinion.

Ya the WWE's non ppv DVDS are amazing, and I buy everyone of those. if WWE 24/7 was available where I live, I would be on that shit all day every day. TNA's profile DVD's are horrible. I'm still trying to make it through the Abyss DVD.

I bought the Abyss one for my collection. But I only watched the iMPACT matches. I've seen all the other more than enough times. That's the problem with Abyss. Too many gimmick matches.

Impact last week wasnt that bad, how far are they behind on Bravo Jake? It was crap the first 2 hour week, but this week it was ok. Better than Raw in my opinion.

They show the latest iMPACT on Saturdays I believe. I usually catch it later though.

Ahh right I download it from the internet usually more convinent that way, Disco Inferno came back and did a 10 sec. job to Abyss which was funny.

yea i know the guy sucks, he did have awsome entrance music in WCW tho, Disco Fever na na na na...

by the way did anyone watch the candice injury video on wwe.com?,

steph is there screaming at everyone to get out of the way and acting like a huge bitch, its pretty disgusting actually, to see how they treat people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back