Steel Panthers

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
Was just wondering if anyone here has herd of them? They are actually pretty big here, when they played a show a few months ago on the same night as a Nickelback concert, they STILL sold out. And this is Nickelback city too. So shows that Steel Panthers can really draw. But for those who don't know them, they're a take back to the Glam-Rock days, but with a bit of a twist. Here's a sample.

[YOUTUBE]v/VHHrQDt8Ysg?fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

So what do you think? I kinda like them, have a few good songs in their playlist.

Steel Panther just played in KC, MO like last week or the week before for KQRC morning show host Johnny Dare's bday party celebration. It was a concert/party. With Steel Panther, Craig Gas (comedian) and Diamond Dallas Page also came to the show with some other people as well. They come to KC quite a bit and hang out. They are some of the best live performers I've seen in ages. I highly recommend checking them out if they come to your city if you don't see them in California.

I agree, they're a great live band. I actually went out and bought the CD (something I don't normally do.. usually just a download) and play it quite often. The energy the put forth on stage is something you don't see too much really. Noticed the difference between them, and the last couple bands I seen.

I have heard of these guys and I absolutely love them, but I love glam rock so that isn't much of a surprise. The thing is as well as being amazingly hilarious (if you don't laugh at Death to All But Metal there is something wrong) they are actually really good musicians and from what I can tell from youtube and such they seem to be pretty good live.

As much as Steel Panther are a kinda "pardoy" or "joke" band with lyrics that are just...well..a bit childish and funny, they are actually REALLY good musicians, and the vocalist is very talented too, he reminds me of Slippery When Wet era Jon Bon Jovi.

I borrowed the album off a mate, and ended up buying myself a copy recently. Its pretty good, some of the songs I don't like but

Eyes Of A Panther,
Asian Hooker
and
Hell's On Fire

are 3 of my favourite songs at the moment. I wasnt able to get a ticket when they came to Manchester, UK, but I am definately gonna try and catch them next time they tour!

All together now.........

"Eatttiin' aint cheeatttin'!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back