• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starfox 64

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
I played it for the first time in five years today. Man, that was a great game, and it's still great today. I love it when a game you enjoyed stands the test of time.

I got to Aquas/Zoness for the first time ever today, too.

So, have any Starfox 64 memories?

MTFO!!11!!!!!111!!! Hell yeah I do!

I beat it all of it already; I got all the trophies in each planet both in normal mode and expert mode.

...Fucking dope ass game.

My dad never plays videogames, but man he played this one like crazy. I remember once the family went to England and Dad couldn't go for some reason, and when I came back he had gotten all the medals on all the planets.

When someone who doesn't like videogames likes one, it must be great.

I don't usually play video games so I can understand how your dad feels like. I am more of a TV guy myself. But Star Fox 64 was beyond phenomenal. I remember almost all the quotes from the characters.

And then the music. Great songs.

I have the original one, and the one that was released on Gamecube, like both despite the fact that I suck ass on both those games, don't think I have ever played 64 though

Starfox 64 is burned into my brain permanently. There are times where I crave a playthrough before I go to work and school. I loved the first Starfox to death, but the N64 version was just perfect. The multiplayer mode's awesomeness has yet to be recreated.

Apparently they're remaking 64 for the 3DS. I don't know how I feel about that. The N64-era graphics really helped with the whole atmosphere of the game. The Gamecube one had better graphics (I only ever played the first level of that one) but it really seemed to be missing something that 64 had.

Apparently they're remaking 64 for the 3DS. I don't know how I feel about that. The N64-era graphics really helped with the whole atmosphere of the game. The Gamecube one had better graphics (I only ever played the first level of that one) but it really seemed to be missing something that 64 had.

RE: Gamecube version:

Depth, literally and figuratively, is what it was missing.

First of all, there really isn't any room. Any flying missions feel cramped compared to previous games, and the on foot sections feel like rat mazes with little open space. Even the open space level with a space station manages to feel confined.

Secondly, there really isn't much to the story, worlds, gameplay, or presentation that impresses the same way the previous two had (Adventures does NOT count). It was like eating cardboard.

A port of the N64 version to the 3DS should be pretty righteous.

Thinking about it, it should be great in 3D.

Oh and, I found out today that I still suck at Fortuna. And that's on the supposedly easy path!

Thinking about it, it should be great in 3D.

Oh and, I found out today that I still suck at Fortuna. And that's on the supposedly easy path!

The level with the switches at sea, where you avoid the searchlights...that's the one I always blow it on.

BarrelRoll.gif

Ahhhh Lylat Wars. Ranks up there with OOT and Goldeneye for me.

I personally really enjoyed the levels that were fixed in one place, like the one Tasty just mentioned, and the ones where you took on Star Wolf. I just enjoyed flying around obliterating a small armada, only for a much bigger threat to come along JUST as your about to wipe the enemy out completely. Only example that sucked is when your mothership is under attack from the giant missiles. That was supposed to be difficult, and it certainly wasn't.

Also, i didn't think the final boss was all that difficult in either scenario tbh. Giant brain with floating eyes didn't faze me anymore than shoot the crystals in his hands, really.....

Did anyone else used to just let the bombs fly when you're following Fox's Dad's Ghost out of the exploding base? I'd usually have a fuck load left so i'd give myself a little fireworks display as i escaped.

Plus Falco was a douche....... but otherwise, Lylat Wars was and still is a personal favourite.

DirtyJosé;2518080 said:
The level with the switches at sea, where you avoid the searchlights...that's the one I always blow it on.

Zoness. I made it there yesterday and I actually didn't have a problem with destroying all the searchlights. I just couldn't defeat the boss in time before I had to go back to campus for a meeting.

Fortuna is the one with Star Wolf and the exploding base.

Is that Lylat Wars here? If so, it was fucking easy. The independence day level was cool though.
That was my favorite level.

The game was fairly easy (most of it anyways). The only real problem is if you want to get a lot of points. Andross really wasn't that hard; neither was Star wolf's team. In normal mode, the most points I ever got was 1400 something.

In expert mode (which you unlock by recieving a trophy in all the planets in normal mode), I got up to 1505 as my top record. Expert mode is literally fucking tense. One hit on your arwing and it gets damaged alot right away (also one of the wings usually breaks).

Of the game, the hardest planet for me (in normal mode) was sector X with that one robot that always says "Where is the creator"..."I will terminate all enemies"---Fucking slippy always getting in the way...

In expert mode, the hardest planet was Venom, but taking the Blue path. It is literally jam packed with enemies that you can't even go 10 seconds without recieving some kind of damage.

[YOUTUBE]0dQM2AfSM1I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Best song in the entire game, in my opinion. I was so addicted to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back