• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Star Wars Ep. VII

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
It was just confirmed that R2-D2 will be in Ep. VII, which should come as no surprise as the story of Star Wars is largely told from the point of view of the two droids.

However, there are plenty of other rumours flying about, not least the title...

Star Wars VII: A New Dawn

Personally, I think it is just that. A rumour. Too much like A New Hope and really too simplistic for a series that has gone more descriptive with its titles since the first instalment.

The casting calls for 16-18 year old men and women, together with the age of Ford, Hamill and Fisher, could suggest that Jacen and Jaina Solo, the twin offspring of Han Solo and Princess Leia.

The rumour I have heard that I like the most though is the potential presence of Benedict Cumberbatch as a villain. Now, the rumours suggest that he will play a Sith trained by Palpatine during the previous triliogy and guided by the dead emperor's Force spirit.

However, I would just love to see Cumberbatch as the blue skinned, red-eyed, art-collecting, well-read Chiss, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Throw in someone to play the increasingly unstable Dark Jedi, Joruus C'boath (an aged Tom Hiddlestone would be great, especially as Loki is quite a similar character to C'boath - cool calm exterior masking an increasing derangment inside) and you have a trilogy for Expanded Universe, film and casual fans alone.

Modern remake of Star Wars Ep VII???
FINALLY...
dwayne-johnson-jedi.jpeg

Fuck it, don't know much about the expanded universe (such things get way too complicated for me) but since Disney have got it and not George Lucas, I reckon it'll be far better than the prequels.

I never found the prequels to be that bad to be honest. Nowhere near as good as the original trilogy, but not bad.

Disney I can see being somewhere on the same level. Good, but they can't touch the classics.

I sent in a tape of me auditioning as Mace Windu's grandson. I tried to switch up The Pulp Fiction lines with as many Jedi references as I could, I'll keep you guys posted.

Барбоса;4677753 said:
And they have not gone to the length of announcing a release date before virtually anyone has been cast.

The dates they've announced have been in constant flux for a while now actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back