• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Star Power On The Grandest Stage Of Them All?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, I remember reading a while back that Vince McMahon and the rest of WWE Creative, were trying to bring back some star power to the WrestleMania event. With wrestling, seemingly, falling further and further out of the mainstream public eye, one has to wonder who Vince McMahon will turn to. Of course, you can do whatever you like with the wrestlers that are involved and you can make any matches you want but unless you are giving the casual viewer a reason to tune into the biggest event of the wrestling calendar, then they simply wont.

So, with that in mind, who would you like to see involved at WrestleMania from outside the wrestling world and in what capacity?

For me, there are two people that I would love to see at WrestleMania. Those two being:

Brock Lesnar

For a moment, I was under the impression that he was going back to the WWE. Maybe it was the starry-eyed fan in me that wanted to see him come back and wrestle a program with The Undertaker but the dampers were put on that move pretty damn quickly. For me though, Lesnar would have been the perfect draw for the Undertaker's match, if he is having one this year. Not only can he wrestle, he is also the type of man that you believe could beat the Undertaker and that is exactly what the WWE needs form The Undertaker's possible WrestleMania opponents.

Look at people like Shawn Michaels and John Cena. The reason they look so good up against the Undertaker's streak is because you legitimately think that they could be the one to end it. Michaels almost did it and Cena could do it given the opportunity. I would guess that Cena is the only man still capable of doing it. Anyway, Lesnar has the added advantage of being a great wrestler that was very dominant in his run with the company. Coming back, he could easily play off of that and the fact that he was the UFC Heavyweight Champion. People would think that he could beat Taker at his own game... Well, I would.

I think it also opens the door to bring in the casual MMA fan, or even the fans that Brock has garnered from being with the UFC. It really was a win-win situation that might have convinced a few more people to take that step over to professional wrestling. Too bad it is not going to happen.

Rihanna

I don't think there is a bigger pop-star on the face of the planet right now. She has an army of fans that would love to see her perform in front of thousands of people and people would tune into see her perform. Similar to what the WWE did for Kid Rock (Pft!), Rihanna could perform a few tracks that would get people pumped up for the event. Or, perhaps she could sing America The Beautiful at the beginning. I am not a fan in the traditional sense but there is no doubting that Rihanna would get people to tune in, even if it on the star-power of her name.

Of course, if the WWE wanted to go down the road of bringing in a rock band then there really isn't anyone who could come close to bringing in the same fanbase that Rihanna seems to control. Perhaps Metallica could do the event and bring in the wrestling fan that likes rock (which seems to be a lot of us).

So, who do you think will be a good addition for the WWE event from the realms of music, film, MMA or any other field of art that you can think of and why?

As far as a singer, WWE cannot give them a segment to pull a mini-concert...I can see Rihanna singing America the Beautiful or the National Anthem, but that is it.

Wrestlemania has always been about the storylines and making the wrestlers' dreams come true and perform above and beyond on the grandest stage of them all.

I do not want to see another Big Show vs (celebrity's name here). Celebrities are the side attraction, from backstage segments, being timekeepers, valets to even just sitting at ringside. With Twitters out there, celebrities can tweet advertisement for Wrestlemania and push their fans to "tune in"

But to answer your question:
I would love to see the Rock come back, he can still electrify the crowd.

They tried this with Kid Rock and it bombed, not cos he sucked, cos it took people out of the PPV... For the kind of money they would need to get someone like Rihanna, it wouldn't be worth it.

What they need to do is pay and induct HOF members who will matter to fans like Randy Savage or The Rock. The "One Headliner" thing is not working... Shawn doesn't deserve a year on his own, but thats a whole new thread.

I guess, if I had to choose one it would be Brock Lesnar. That way it would get MMA fans to watch maybe and get Wrestlemania some more buys. I would have Lesnar manage the Undertaker in a match, going up against Triple H who has HBK in his corner. Everyone in this match would be faces. You see Triple H would want to end the streak for his best friend Shawn Michaels who could never do it and the streak did cause his retirement. Triple H comes back and lays out the challenge on Raw. Taker returns at the EC and interfers in a match that Triple H is squaring off against SHeamus. Taker costs him the match and then accepts. Triple H says he wants HBK in his corner and Shawn agrees. Lesnar approaches Taker and says he will be in Takers corner at Mania. Taker however, being the Undertaker doesn't want Brock Lesnar in his corner as he says he doesn't need Lesnar and sees Lesnar as a threat. Lesnar will still be on Raw for a few weeks leading to Mania. He wouldn't wrestle though. He would just be in the middle of the Triple H/Taker feud, saying he wants to be apart but isn't allowed to wrestle and that he will be in Taker's corner no matter what. The match will then be announced a no dq match. At Wrestlemania, Lesnar can get into a confrontation with Taker and hit an F-5 on Taker. Then hit an F-5 on Triple H. It would be towards the end of the match, then Lesnar walks out. Shawn could get involved too and hit sweet chin music on Lesnar. This would get Lesnar and HBK an appearance and since Taker isn't in the best shape, a match like this would make it look better. Taker would win of course. EVerybody involved would be face.
And now that I think more into it, I think that we could throw Kimbo Slice in the mix and make him a special referee so he could make sure everything is in order without any run ins between HBK and Lesnar. However Slice will still let everyone run in. I just thought that would be a good idea for Wrestlemania since, these guys have been rumored to make appearences.

The only special appearences I would really have on the card and not in the crowd watching would be HBK, Lesnar and Kimbo Slice.

Vince is turning to Sting which is the smartest choice at this point because Sting is the only person at this point that can save WWE. That's why Sting is coming on Febuary 21st.

Vince is turning to Sting which is the smartest choice at this point because Sting is the only person at this point that can save WWE. That's why Sting is coming on Febuary 21st.

That has yet to be confirmed. So why don't you back up your opinion next time. Who said Sting was returning Febuary 21st? Eh. Noone has even confirmed he has signed with WWE yet. Now if he does great but what will he do at Mania? Why don't you include that next time. It would be great seeing Sting vs Taker at Mania but I don't see it happening. Taker wants Barrett and WWE doesn't want to put to much hype on a match with someone like Sting because it wouldn't live up to his past two years with HBK. If they had that match then it would deffinately give WWE Star Power. Like I said, his signing has not been confirmed, and what do you mean Sting is the only person at this point who can save WWE? Save WWE from what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back