Spicing up the Book This section.

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
My favorite part of the forum. A select few posters find it quite enjoyable but I wouldn't be surprised if half of you didn't even know what it is. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions to making this section of the forum awesome. Anything you can think of that will attract people to that section of the forum discuss here or send me a PM. Lets make some magic guys.

Well, we take at least 8 active Book This! companies (I'm sure there are at least that many) and pit them against each other in a tournament and the winner is crowned BT! Champion. I think it could attract more readers so they are educated on their votes, bring more people to the BT! section, and encourage people to write better shows to win more votes.

Well, we take at least 8 active Book This! companies (I'm sure there are at least that many) and pit them against each other in a tournament and the winner is crowned BT! Champion. I think it could attract more readers so they are educated on their votes, bring more people to the BT! section, and encourage people to write better shows to win more votes.

But we couldn't each have the same wrestler. Ex:

If I have Edge you can't. So what if we get 6 more posters together and do a draft then we have the tournament. We do polls on which promotion people think is better. We'd have to do it for a little while at least. To allow each fed's storylines to develop.

Maybe you aren't getting me, it doesn't matter if we have the same wrestlers, it's not the wrestlers going against each other, it's the BT's in their entirety. But your idea could work too, it's like the mock draft with a tourney thrown in, if it doesn't already have a tourney, i'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Maybe you aren't getting me, it doesn't matter if we have the same wrestlers, it's not the wrestlers going against each other, it's the BT's in their entirety. But your idea could work too, it's like the mock draft with a tourney thrown in, if it doesn't already have a tourney, i'm pretty sure it doesn't.

No I understood I'm just saying maybe it would be more logical if we didn't have all eight promotions using Edge as their world champion :)

But you are rightit too closely resembles the Mock Draft thing the other guys are doing. So we could do a tourney and use the same guys bt I think we should all do new feds for this to make things an even playing field. A promotion with two years of buildup would slaughter a one week old fed.

Good point, but with all the tourneys going all right now I think it could wait a bit anyway.

So can you think of anything besides a tournment that would help this particular part of the forum?

There's really nothing that can cause more readers and activity. It's a matter of opinion. You can only do one thing in that forum, you can't make threads for discussion, and if you don't like making promos, making well thought out matches and such then you really can't contribute anything to the forum. It's really one dimensional.

There's really nothing that can cause more readers and activity. It's a matter of opinion. You can only do one thing in that forum, you can't make threads for discussion, and if you don't like making promos, making well thought out matches and such then you really can't contribute anything to the forum. It's really one dimensional.

Theres an idea we could make a discussion thread to discuss the current goings on in all the BT feds. We could sticky it and people could discuss there favorite BT feds in there. We could also make a thread for people who wanna get their ideas out there but don't wanna do all the writing to get help from people willing to do the writing. That'd make it less one dimensional.

Make a discussion thread like the one for WZCW. People can go in there and tell you what they didn't and did like and they can give you some constructive criticism.

You can also make a thread for people who want to make BT's but don't know what they should do. Kind of like a "Help" thread.

Make a discussion thread like the one for WZCW. People can go in there and tell you what they didn't and did like and they can give you some constructive criticism.

You can also make a thread for people who want to make BT's but don't know what they should do. Kind of like a "Help" thread.

pretty much what i just said. just add people who have ideas but dont wanna write a ton to recruit writers for their ideas.

Maybe you can have one thread where there's multiple writers. Maybe some people don't want to write out a 2 hour show, then have them write out a promo or one match. It might attract more people since they won't have to write much.

Maybe you can have one thread where there's multiple writers. Maybe some people don't want to write out a 2 hour show, then have them write out a promo or one match. It might attract more people since they won't have to write much.

i've sent Lee a PM about the help thread.

Anything you can think of that will attract people to that section of the forum discuss here or send me a PM. Lets make some magic guys.

Post more NSCW.

Wait, that's my show.

I'm working on my first pay-per-view. It'll be up this weekend, maybe. It's tough writing these things, and NSCW = ratings for the Book This section.

There's really nothing that can cause more readers and activity.

I've included some posters in my show, and the active ones still talk with me about it, in detail. The problem is that I haven't been able to post my show regularly, because of personal issues going on. Once my shows are back on schedule, discussion for my show will go up :thumbsup:

I think you all hit on a good idea a little earlier, and may not have been aware of it.

A mock draft Book This! tournament. You find 6-8 posters who are willing to do a book this. Then, you do a draft of wrestlers, current or past. Obviously, no one can have the same worker. Then, when the draft is finished, everyone has "x" number of days to write the introduction to their show, and the first card. After that time is up, voting begins. The person with the least amount of votes is "off the island", so to speak.

Then, you go to the next round of writing Book This!. You have to develop your show and card. There would be a lot of strategy in this, and would help attract people to the forum.

The only problem I see with this is finding 6-8 posters who are willing to do it.

I think you all hit on a good idea a little earlier, and may not have been aware of it.

A mock draft Book This! tournament. You find 6-8 posters who are willing to do a book this. Then, you do a draft of wrestlers, current or past. Obviously, no one can have the same worker. Then, when the draft is finished, everyone has "x" number of days to write the introduction to their show, and the first card. After that time is up, voting begins. The person with the least amount of votes is "off the island", so to speak.

Then, you go to the next round of writing Book This!. You have to develop your show and card. There would be a lot of strategy in this, and would help attract people to the forum.

The only problem I see with this is finding 6-8 posters who are willing to do it.

I'd be willing to do it, but it'd have to be after my own PPV is up. Or, do you mean 6-8 people who aren't already writing one regularly? I followed the last Book This Mock Draft from the outside, and think it could work well in a "tournament" style.

I'd be willing to do it, but it'd have to be after my own PPV is up. Or, do you mean 6-8 people who aren't already writing one regularly? I followed the last Book This Mock Draft from the outside, and think it could work well in a "tournament" style.
Anyone who would be willing to write it.

Anyone who would be willing to write it.

I'll throw my name in, if they decide to take off with it. I'm sure it'll turn into a popularity contest, but I wouldn't mind writing a 2nd show for a week or two, and then maybe after the tournament is done...

esplain btw the help thread is up just need a gmod to sticky it now.
Done
I'll throw my name in, if they decide to take off with it. I'm sure it'll turn into a popularity contest, but I wouldn't mind writing a 2nd show for a week or two, and then maybe after the tournament is done...
Perhaps you and Battlez can organize it, and figure out all the ground rules and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back