Specialized Wings (ECW ect)

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
To me, guys like Sabu Taz, Raven, and Sandman were very influential on the progression of wrestling in the late 90s good or bad. I do not think they deserve a traditional HoF induction, but if they were to develop an ECW wing like the Celebrity wing. That being said those guys, and ECW as a hole deserves some sort of recognition for their contributions.

What do you guys think? An ECW wing? or broaden it include all non-WWE performers? Retroactively move guys like Inoki, Mil Mascares, and Verne Gagne. I know they all had WWE (excluding Gagne) runs but their careers were made outside the company. What's your thoughts?

I would personally like to see a wing dedicated to all non-wwe wrestlers, as There are a lot of wrestlers out there like sting that deserve to be in the hall of fame, but never will because they have never stepped foot inside a wwe ring. Also having such a wing would help make the WWE hall of fame look a lot better in general.

Yeah, the Non-WWE wing makes the most sense. I know over the years some have griped when non WWE guys go into the Hall, but it make sense. They should be recognized for their contributions to the business, and WWE owns the rights to all their careers anyways so might as well use em. An ECW wing is too much.. but maybe an ECW section of that Non-WWE wing, that would be pretty cool.

I'd rather induct EVW as a whole instead of having a specific wing for their best guys to go in. None of them really made a huge mark on the business except for maybe Van Dam and his big break came in WWE. I do believe ECW should be recognized though for bringing in a lot of things that we had never seen before. Next time nominations come up go ahead and nominate ECW as a promotion, it makes a good bit of sense.

I watched ECW when it happened. It was fun at the time, but the thought of those scumbags being in the same HOF as Mick Foley or Steve Austin is pretty revolting. Sandman? I saw the dude interviewed on YouTube recently and he looked like he's been tweaking on meth for days on end. Same goes for most anyone else. Blue Meanie? Mikey Whipwreck?

These people have no business sharing the hallowed ground of the Hall of Fame with real men like Bruno Sammartino and one day, God Willing, John Cena.

I'd rather induct EVW as a whole instead of having a specific wing for their best guys to go in. None of them really made a huge mark on the business except for maybe Van Dam and his big break came in WWE. I do believe ECW should be recognized though for bringing in a lot of things that we had never seen before. Next time nominations come up go ahead and nominate ECW as a promotion, it makes a good bit of sense.

I agree with this.

I watched ECW when it happened. It was fun at the time, but the thought of those scumbags being in the same HOF as Mick Foley or Steve Austin is pretty revolting. Sandman? I saw the dude interviewed on YouTube recently and he looked like he's been tweaking on meth for days on end. Same goes for most anyone else. Blue Meanie? Mikey Whipwreck?

These people have no business sharing the hallowed ground of the Hall of Fame with real men like Bruno Sammartino and one day, God Willing, John Cena.

Foley was in ECW for over a year. The entire Madison Square Garden chanted E! C! DUB! throughout his match against Triple H on Raw in September 97. Check it out. Fun match. ECW's impact on 90's pro wrestling is grossly understated.

I like the idea of separate wings. I don't believe any of the guys in the original ECW deserve to go in on his or her own, but for them to go all in as ECW is a good idea. The guys that have gone in that never wrestled in WWE still had really accomplished careers elsewhere, and while I was a huge fan of the original ECW I don't think there time in ECW merits going in on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back