Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-22-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Wow, was yesterday's fact overly debated or what? I have to say, it as one passionate debate. So let me try to see if I can pose another one that might see some strong feelings come from it.

Glen Jacobs(Kane) is a more creative sports entertainer than Bret "The Hitman" Hart. FACT!

Ooh Spawnie just went there. Starting to remind me of Sly there, trying to antagonize people into creating discussion.

Yep, I compared you to Sly.

It is true to an extent, he isn't saying Hart isn't the bigger draw or worse in the ring... I think he's getting at the fact that the Kane gimmick is so good that an average in ring competitor like Kane can use it and milk it dry to make himself look, well, moderately over.

Look at the wording of it Sly. Creative and Sports Entertainer. Bret Hart was creative, but he portrayed Wrestling as an Entertaining Sport rather than Sports Entertainment. So in the wording that it is given in it is true.

Look at the wording of it Sly. Creative and Sports Entertainer. Bret Hart was creative, but he portrayed Wrestling as an Entertaining Sport rather than Sports Entertainment. So in the wording that it is given in it is true.
Professional wrestling and Sports Entertainment are the same thing. So, both Hart and Kane were Sports Entertainers. And there's no doubt that Hart did it better.

Kane was given a gimmick, and that booking given gimmick has kept him around. Kane didn't do anything with his character, other than what was given to him.

So, no matter how you slice it, Spawn is wrong.

Professional wrestling and Sports Entertainment are the same thing. So, both Hart and Kane were Sports Entertainers. And there's no doubt that Hart did it better.

Kane was given a gimmick, and that booking given gimmick has kept him around. Kane didn't do anything with his character, other than what was given to him.

So, no matter how you slice it, Spawn is wrong.

Thing is that I'm not really even talking about the Kane gimmick. I was referring to...... The Fake Diesel gimmick.

See Bret Hart's gimmick was "I am the best wrestler". Wow, I've NEVER heard that before.

The Fake Diesel gimmick required alot more creativity on Jacob's part. I know, alot of you are going to say "all he did was copy Kevin Nash's portrayal of Diesel". Well that is where we both find ourselves being right. Can you imagine that Glen Jacobs had to sit and watch hours upon hours of footage from a man who changed the way 7 footers moves in the ring. He had to be able to copy those moves and make people believe that he could be mistaken for Diesel. I mean did you ever see Glen Jacobs prior to being The Fake Diesel? His moves were nowhere near Nash's. So he pretty much recreated himself to the point to where you still see some of that gimmick in him today. Hell, you even see The Undertaker ripping off some of Nash's moves, but Jacobs was the first.

Over his career, Jacob's gimmicks have been dramatically differential. hart's was the same, a wrestler who says he was the best. Isn't that the point of being a wrestler in the first place anyways, to be the best? And considering that Hart had the size and frame that a technician would normally have, it was a no brainer all the way.

Thing is that I'm not really even talking about the Kane gimmick. I was referring to...... The Fake Diesel gimmick.
A character given to him by booking.

See Bret Hart's gimmick was "I am the best wrestler". Wow, I've NEVER heard that before.
A character given to him by booking.

The Fake Diesel gimmick required alot more creativity on Jacob's part. I know, alot of you are going to say "all he did was copy Kevin Nash's portrayal of Diesel". Well that is where we both find ourselves being right. Can you imagine that Glen Jacobs had to sit and watch hours upon hours of footage from a man who changed the way 7 footers moves in the ring. He had to be able to copy those moves and make people believe that he could be mistaken for Diesel. I mean did you ever see Glen Jacobs prior to being The Fake Diesel? His moves were nowhere near Nash's. So he pretty much recreated himself to the point to where you still see some of that gimmick in him today. Hell, you even see The Undertaker ripping off some of Nash's moves, but Jacobs was the first.
That makes no sense.

Studying doesn't make you creative. Copying doesn't make you creative. You can say that Kevin Nash might be creative, but the man copying him is not.

Over his career, Jacob's gimmicks have been dramatically differential.
But only one of them was successful and only one was original. Kane successful, Isaac Yankem original. And Jacobs played no part in creating either of those.

hart's was the same, a wrestler who says he was the best. Isn't that the point of being a wrestler in the first place anyways, to be the best? And considering that Hart had the size and frame that a technician would normally have, it was a no brainer all the way.
No, Bret had several gimmicks.

His first gimmick as of a "Hitman". Cold, calculating, methodical. Then it became "best wrestler". Then it became Anti-American, Pro-Canadian. And that's just in the WWF.

And all three gimmicks were successful in their own way.

Er...yeah. Bret Hart made me believe he was the best ever. Kane hasnt done much but make me believe he needs to hit the gym.

Kane the character is more creative than Bret's character, but comparing Glenn Jacobs to Bret Hart is like comparing a junior high football team to the New York Giants.

Damn it Sly is right...Bret Hart was more believable. he was multi-dimensional as Sly mentioned. Glen Jacobs had Kane and creative told him what to do basically. he did not alter his character like the Rock, Austin or any of the other greats who did some of their own stuff with their character.

But Kane has taken a cartoony pre-attitude style character, and kept himself over through the more "realistic" days. That takes creativity. His character has evolved from monster, to necrophiliac monster, to monster who tells jokes with the Rock, to face monster, to heel monster, to face monster, to torture master monster.....

Ok, it sucks being the Devil's Advocate, but I think I convinced myself. Bret Hart changed his whole gimmick from I love the kids to I hate America. Kane has always been a monster, but done what he needs to do to stay over. The IWC may hate him, but for a big man he has always moved well, and at he is over with the live crowds. And, at the end of the day, it is the wrestler's job to get himself over. Creative just gets him going. If creative wrote the Rock's lines for Snitsky, how well would that work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back