Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-21-08

No I said it, and it's the truth.

He didn't make any scene, he obviously wasn't drunk to the point out of his mind. He is allowed, they can't stop him from doing something he likes to do. The story is, he was asked not to go on a flight because he appeared ... slightly ... intoxicated. He agreed and just chose to take a later flight. He missed nothing, and once again I'd like to point out there was no breach of his contract.

Also I wasn't the one who said he was consistent, if that was aimed at me. But if Hardy goes get fired, then I owe you and e-coke.

Morals Clause- The morals clause is an essential component of endorsement contracts in professional sports. It is a form of termination clause, whereby it enumerates a variety of specific reasons for termination to protect the endorser's interest in its image or the image of its products that are affiliated with the athlete.

These are essential parts of contracts where the public perception of a company is still represented by that person when they are not at an event. By your logic, you are saying that Pacman Jones did not deserve to be suspended. You are saying that Sabu should not have been suspended and fired. You are saying that RVD did not deserve to be suspended. I mean they WERE all on their own time and charges were dismissed on all.

But you are also saying that Jeff Hardy missed nothing. And see, that is where you are very wrong. Jeff Hardy missed the point. He was with a group of wrestlers, which automatically is going to draw attention to him. Rather him either waiting til he got on the flight or waiting til he got home, he made a poor choice. They don't throw you off a flight for being "slightly" intoxicated. They throw you off if they think you are slurring words or fumbling object or not able to stand like a sober person.

Here's something I'm sure you didn't think about. Did you ever think that his notoriety was the thing that actually kept this from being a worse situation? If anything, I'm sure that someone recognized him and they cut him a break. He more than likely had to take a later flight, rather than being kicked off all together because they let him get some food, some coffee, and sober up a bit before checking him out and letting him get on a later flight. If Joe Blow Average would have been in that situation, they would have told him to go book a flight on another airline or had the law come and take him away for the night.

They are allowed to drink though, I routinely see pictures of WWE stars totally hammered. :)

Flames Out
Dragon

Yes, hammer IN BARS. Not getting on airline flights. You expect people to be drunk in bars. You don't expect to get on a flight and be sitting next to some idiot passing out or who looks like they are going to puke from being so sloshed. There is a BIG difference in those two instances.

its only public intoxication. Its basically a fine at most.

You are both right and wrong. On a public street, it is public intoxication. Since 911, and with the help of the Patriot Act, it is considered to be a threat to national security to behave or be suspected to have the potential to behave in an manner that would disrupt any means of public travel. He was in an airport about to get on a flight. If they wanted to, he could have been locked up for a federal offense and created a much bigger situation. Thing is, like I said, I'm sure someone recognized him as being Jeff Hardy and they cut him some slack by letting him sober up and take another flight.

hmm, still a fine at least. nothing more or less. He wasnt making a scene. If he was he would have been arrested. He was just given a later flight. I wouldnt call that being a threat.

hmm, still a fine at least. nothing more or less. He wasnt making a scene. If he was he would have been arrested. He was just given a later flight. I wouldnt call that being a threat.

I'll tell you what. i bet you or me would have been arrested. The fact that he is Jeff Hardy and was with a bunch of other wrestlers probably saved his ass from that and they decided to let him slide and just sobber up and take another flight. Celebrity has it's perks and celebrities get away with shit that would have meant at least a night in jail for me and you.

Wrong, if he wants to work there he will do what they want him to. Just sayin'

Let me rephrase. He didn't do anything that he isn't allowed by his contract, hence they can't stop him from doing it. Just sayin'

Where you there Spawn? I really think you're just trying to make the evidence look more concrete than it is.

Spawn said:
These are essential parts of contracts where the public perception of a company is still represented by that person when they are not at an event.

The media blows things out of proportion all the time, and companies get put in the spotlight even if they really didn't do anything that wrong. Jeff didn't anything that wrong except have a few drinks.

And see, that is where you are very wrong.

Saying I'm wrong doesn't mean I am. Nor does being controversial make it a fact.

Jeff Hardy missed the point. He was with a group of wrestlers, which automatically is going to draw attention to him. Rather him either waiting til he got on the flight or waiting til he got home, he made a poor choice. They don't throw you off a flight for being "slightly" intoxicated. They throw you off if they think you are slurring words or fumbling object or not able to stand like a sober person.

Not neccessarily. They simply asked him to stay off that flight, that really means squat when it comes someone who wasn't even there deciding on his own whim that he must he been wasted because they didn't let him on tht flight.

Here's something I'm sure you didn't think about. Did you ever think that his notoriety was the thing that actually kept this from being a worse situation? If anything, I'm sure that someone recognized him and they cut him a break. He more than likely had to take a later flight, rather than being kicked off all together because they let him get some food, some coffee, and sober up a bit before checking him out and letting him get on a later flight. If Joe Blow Average would have been in that situation, they would have told him to go book a flight on another airline or had the law come and take him away for the night.

That is a pretty wild presumption. And he would have had to take the later flight because he had to stay of the original flight, simply because he may have been slightly intoxicated.

Let me rephrase. He didn't do anything that he isn't allowed by his contract, hence they can't stop him from doing it. Just sayin'

Look, if you don't know what a morality clause is, then just say it. I've posted the definition for you, but obviously you are too too busy in your own euphoric bliss to read it and understand that while they CAN'T stop him from doing these things, they CAN fire him for these incidents. Regardless of what you or anybody else thinks.

Where you there Spawn? I really think you're just trying to make the evidence look more concrete than it is.

I haven't stated any evidence, but seeing all of the shit standard Americans who are removed from flights have been prosecuted with under The Patriot Act guidelines, I am saying that you are being truly ignorant to compare it to as if he were walking down the street intoxicated. There is no fine for this if they chose to have police intervene. They cart your ass off to jail as you are considered to be a threat to national security.

The media blows things out of proportion all the time, and companies get put in the spotlight even if they really didn't do anything that wrong. Jeff didn't anything that wrong except have a few drinks.

Wait, you respond to my paragraph on contracts with some bs about the media? Are you kidding me? I'm going to encourage you to go look up what a moralities clause is and I will guaran-damned-tee you that WWE has that as standard language in their contracts. I mean you find it easy to believe that they would mandate that their wrestlers stay in character in public, and yet you would find it hard to believe that they don't have something written in there about people being on their best behavior in public situations like this? I mean I can find a smidge of my reasoning skills to believe that the virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus without having known a man, but you will NEVER get me to believe that WWE doesn't have a clause like that with mandates like this.

Saying I'm wrong doesn't mean I am. Nor does being controversial make it a fact.

Okay, I'm going to hang up a sign up sheet for people to take a remedial class on how this thread goes, because explaining it hasn't helped. The TITLE says fact, but after the statement, I will say FACT or OPINION. After this one, I said OPINION. But it's still very strong as he put himself in a situation where WWE either has to act or have it's talent lose faith in it's ability to control it's stars. And that just ads to more talk of politics and lowered moral.

Not neccessarily. They simply asked him to stay off that flight, that really means squat when it comes someone who wasn't even there deciding on his own whim that he must he been wasted because they didn't let him on tht flight.

You don't get "asked" to stay off a flight and then let on the next one. When they "ask" you to not get on a flight, it's not a misunderstanding, it's called you are not in a condition to fly. Joe Average would have had to make other travel arrangements. He was able to wait and catch another. Notice, the report said he was "allowed" to catch a later flight. That does not mean that it was instant, automatic, or that he didn't have to sober up before hand.

That is a pretty wild presumption. And he would have had to take the later flight because he had to stay of the original flight, simply because he may have been slightly intoxicated.

May have been slightly intoxicated? When was the LAST time that you heard of them kicking someone off of a flight because they were "tipsy"? He had to have had OBVIOUS signs of over intoxication to not be allowed on. Don't believe me? Call the airline and ask. If someone were just "slightly" intoxicated, they could get on and sleep it off. But if someone is DRUNK, then you need to keep them off and observe them for a bit or let them sober up in order to avoid possible liability of medical or or damages that can arise from such a situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back