Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-21-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Sorry that there was a fact for yesterday, but I was out of town at the Minnesota Renaissance festival. All I can say is that is you aren't into being a regular at a period costume type event, then BRING HANDIWIPES! OMG, I have never gotten so dusty or been so disgusted to see portalets. Yuck. Well anyways, here's one from recent headlines.

Given the fact that he already is a two strike repeat offender, Jeff Hardy should be fired for his latest incident of being under the influence, no matter how small it was. Strong Opinion!

Being controversial doesn't make a fact. Most of these so called facts are just opinions that are controversial.

He impressed me in January & February. It's September now, and he's been awful for months. Apart for those 60 days in Spring when I enjoyed him.

consistency.jpg

consistency.jpg

His matches are pretty consistent in my opinion.

His matches are consistent alright. High spot, high spot, get beat down, come back, Swanton. It's almost like that old code for Contra on the NES that gave you like infinite lives. Consistently boring and predictable.

As far as the fact goes, I said it was strong opinion, but here is why I believe it. Matt Hardy was fired for being unprofessional and was brought back. He changed his way because he knew he was getting a very special opportunity that few wrestlers get in this business ever.

Jeff Hardy was fired and brought back. Then he fucked up and got suspended. You would think that he would have kept his shit straight seeing as how they showed him that they are willing to fire him once before. But no. They get ready to push him to the next level right up to the week of a ppv, and what happens? He gets his ass suspended again. Wasting both time and money that WWE invested in his push to get him to the next level of trust and responsibility. After that, Jeff Hardy should have come back with a new lease on life and a new outlook as WWE had show by fired Chris Masters and a couple of others that the policy was three strikes and you are out.

That right there, should make you walk on rice paper until you have shown that WWE cannot live without you, such as Randy Orton has sort of done. But what does Hardy do? Instead of keeping his nose clean, especially in the public spotlight, this comes down.

And the fact that TMZ and other outlets picked it up should seal the deal right there. Publicly, Jeff has shown that he has a problem and this just casts doubt on whether or not he can be trusted or even cares. It's not what the situation was. It's the4 fact that enough press has come out on this that the sheer principle of the matter should be Jeff Hardy's reason to get tossed out on his ass. If nothing else, you get second guessed by your talent on whether or not you can be objectionable when enforcing such policies.

Plaid and simple, he should go.

His matches are consistent alright. High spot, high spot, get beat down, come back, Swanton. It's almost like that old code for Contra on the NES that gave you like infinite lives. Consistently boring and predictable.

As far as the fact goes, I said it was strong opinion, but here is why I believe it. Matt Hardy was fired for being unprofessional and was brought back. He changed his way because he knew he was getting a very special opportunity that few wrestlers get in this business ever.

Jeff Hardy was fired and brought back. Then he fucked up and got suspended. You would think that he would have kept his shit straight seeing as how they showed him that they are willing to fire him once before. But no. They get ready to push him to the next level right up to the week of a ppv, and what happens? He gets his ass suspended again. Wasting both time and money that WWE invested in his push to get him to the next level of trust and responsibility. After that, Jeff Hardy should have come back with a new lease on life and a new outlook as WWE had show by fired Chris Masters and a couple of others that the policy was three strikes and you are out.

That right there, should make you walk on rice paper until you have shown that WWE cannot live without you, such as Randy Orton has sort of done. But what does Hardy do? Instead of keeping his nose clean, especially in the public spotlight, this comes down.

And the fact that TMZ and other outlets picked it up should seal the deal right there. Publicly, Jeff has shown that he has a problem and this just casts doubt on whether or not he can be trusted or even cares. It's not what the situation was. It's the4 fact that enough press has come out on this that the sheer principle of the matter should be Jeff Hardy's reason to get tossed out on his ass. If nothing else, you get second guessed by your talent on whether or not you can be objectionable when enforcing such policies.

Plaid and simple, he should go.

Randy Orton still needs to watch his fucking self. Better not fuck up again, cause then I'll be pissed and miss not seeing him on T.V. Because if Orton does some shit and isn't let go, then that's just wrong. And this is from an Orton mark.

Randy Orton still needs to watch his fucking self. Better not fuck up again, cause then I'll be pissed and miss not seeing him on T.V. Because if Orton does some shit and isn't let go, then that's just wrong. And this is from an Orton mark.

Well the thing is this. Randy is an asshole. And he's still on his first tour of duty with WWE. His suspensions have surrounded him being an asshole. Nobody fears that someone finding an asshole dead in their. room is going to have bad press and a negative backlash for you.

Hardy is on chance two, strike 2 1/2. He has a history of substance abuse. Every time he's been pushed to the next level, he doesn't something that interrupts that. He just got taken off of his flight home due to being too much under the influence. Nobody is saying you can't drink, but if you drink enough to be removed from a flight, then there is a problem. If WWE fires him and he ends up dead, the whole industry will be looked at, as it usually is. If WWE does not and he ends up dead, then they will get ALOT of heat and more restrictions will be put on innocent wrestlers who know that, just like the NBA, NFL, and MLB, this is a 24/7 business and what you do reflects on your employer. And it will send the wrong message as well.

He didn't do anything wrong or against his contract. This story is just being media pumped, that's it.

Please, tell me that you did NOT just say that. Morality clauses are standard parts of any contract where a worker's perception in the public spotlight carries well into their own personal time while in public areas and situations. WWE contracted workers STILL represent the company and the company's public perception when in public, even if they are on their own time.

Why do you think the company mandated two years ago that wrestlers were to "stay in character" when in public areas to continue the sell of the character or injuries on beyond the ring? This is why sports teams and other organizations crack down when workers are participating in such activities outside of the ring.

Joe Blow doesn't give a shit if Jeff Hardy is taking a flight. The fact that he was so drunk to where he couldn't get on his flight is what matters. And Jeff, knowing that he already is being looked at under a microscope and already has two strikes, should have kept that in mind and been on his best behavior. Hell, the fact that he's been FIRED for his behavior should have done that. But I guess some people never learn.

So you are right. Hardy is consistent. A consistent fuck up.

No I said it, and it's the truth.

He didn't make any scene, he obviously wasn't drunk to the point out of his mind. He is allowed, they can't stop him from doing something he likes to do. The story is, he was asked not to go on a flight because he appeared ... slightly ... intoxicated. He agreed and just chose to take a later flight. He missed nothing, and once again I'd like to point out there was no breach of his contract.

Also I wasn't the one who said he was consistent, if that was aimed at me. But if Hardy goes get fired, then I owe you and e-coke.

No I said it, and it's the truth.

He didn't make any scene, he obviously wasn't drunk to the point out of his mind. He is allowed, they can't stop him from doing something he likes to do. The story is, he was asked not to go on a flight because he appeared ... slightly ... intoxicated. He agreed and just chose to take a later flight. He missed nothing, and once again I'd like to point out there was no breach of his contract.

Also I wasn't the one who said he was consistent, if that was aimed at me. But if Hardy goes get fired, then I owe you and e-coke.

Wrong, if he wants to work there he will do what they want him to. Just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back