Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-18-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Here's one that was inspired by recent news in the world of "wrasslin".

There is a conspiracy against Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Scott Hall by wrestling promoters to see them fail. Fact!

It's not so much a conspiracy, so much that there are promoters out there who only care about getting a payoff at the expense of big names. They don't care about the well-being of guys like Jake Roberts. In fact, they are willing to FEED thier addiction just to get them to the show. And it's pathetic.

I say no, for the simple reason of why would they want these people to fail? By failing, and then winding up in rehab, jail or 6 feet under, then guys like Roberts and Hall can't be at indy shows making promoters money.

Actually is IS a conspiracy. When promoters book Scott Hall, then think to themselves. Do they want the Scott Hall who people saw during his last stint in TNA where he seemed drawn back and mutter out a quick "hey-yo" OR do they want the man known as "Last Call Hall" who can come out and rant out a 40 minute promo and leave the crowd wanting more? Do they want Jake Roberts the Bible Thumber who has found religion and sobriety or do they want Jake "The Snake" Roberts who is so high off his ass that he makes people start poppin shrooms so that they can freak out less?

With this latest fiasco and the accounts from the promoters, and how they say that Jake was tossing em back and was wanting crack and shit, you have to wonder why in the HELL would you let a man who you know has just gotten out of rehab drink, let alone have people from your company drink WITH him? He should have been watched and protected. Now I know he's a grown assed man, but they knew which Roberts they wanted thusly let him do whatever he had to do to get there.

Conspiracy? You be the judge.

I can't say conspiracy, but I can say unspoken agreement. For companies like WWE, TNA, ROH etc, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. They are here to stay. For a tiny indy fed like Firestorm Pro, a guy like Jake Roberts is a big deal. Those guys that can be brought in are getting fewer and fewer. They're brought in because people are still willing to pay money to see them, knowing what could be coming from them. Its about money, not the workers themselves.

To me a conspiracyh is a bunch of people getting together and saying OK. This is what we're going to do, no one is going to know about it and its going to work perfectly.

Actually is IS a conspiracy. When promoters book Scott Hall, then think to themselves. Do they want the Scott Hall who people saw during his last stint in TNA where he seemed drawn back and mutter out a quick "hey-yo" OR do they want the man known as "Last Call Hall" who can come out and rant out a 40 minute promo and leave the crowd wanting more? Do they want Jake Roberts the Bible Thumber who has found religion and sobriety or do they want Jake "The Snake" Roberts who is so high off his ass that he makes people start poppin shrooms so that they can freak out less?

With this latest fiasco and the accounts from the promoters, and how they say that Jake was tossing em back and was wanting crack and shit, you have to wonder why in the HELL would you let a man who you know has just gotten out of rehab drink, let alone have people from your company drink WITH him? He should have been watched and protected. Now I know he's a grown assed man, but they knew which Roberts they wanted thusly let him do whatever he had to do to get there.

Conspiracy? You be the judge.

Agreed, they may more off these washed up names, get more of a reputation, when these guys go off the hook. wh is going to care about a Jake the Snake match, where he wrestles straight, as opposed to where he freaks out because he is high? When Jake was high, people heard about the little hick promotion in the prairies. if Jake wasnt high, no one would care. It got people to know the promotion.

I agree with your conspiracy theory. I'd go further and say there are almost certainly promoters who want this sort of wrestler to die in the ring, or shortly afterwards. As long as these people are beyond the edge of reason, people will watch them thinking that they are going to see their last ever show.

People love watching people self destruct, it's why Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty are in The Sun every day, and promoters are more than aware of this, so yes they probably do want Roberts and Hall to be off their face, especially when you consider that they only have to deal with them for one show, and don't have to watch them on tour or anything.

To me a conspiracyh is a bunch of people getting together and saying OK. This is what we're going to do, no one is going to know about it and its going to work perfectly.

Conspiracy- any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

It doesn't need to be perfectly planned to be a conspiracy. These promotors know these guys are on the wagon and still sneak them stuff to get them to get the desired effect of either a classic rant or a enough controversy to put them on the map, as my friend TM stated. Oh, btw TM, green rep.

I could see it going either way. While I agree that there's definitely a desire to have these guys out there in their unnormal states, I can't bring myself to believe its all planned out by the promoters.

I could see it going either way. While I agree that there's definitely a desire to have these guys out there in their unnormal states, I can't bring myself to believe its all planned out by the promoters.

I'm not saying it's completely planned out. But, these promotors, could provide some sort of protection to insure that these guys are clean at their events. They could not allow they know they are messed up. TM and Tastycles had good points. It's done for the notoriety and mention when things go bad. It's not done as a massive plan, but these promoters have forethought of what could happen as they watch the steps unfold. They read the net. They talk to other promoters.

They know the dangers and they, as a group, choose to still go there with these particular individuals and condone their behavior. Saying that a wrestler worked messed up in the past and was just fine is not not as excuse or even logical. They put safety and sanity aside for the all mighty dollar and to be the ones to dog these guys later.

They could just say "no" up front. They choose not to and seem disappointed when guys like The Sandman, Hall, and Roberts are actually on their best behavior. They set them up to fail, they watch as they set themselves up to fail, and then they hope that they fail so they can collect in the aftermath. There is where the conspiracy lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back