Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-16-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Let's see if we can't put a strong debatable topic out there for some of you to contemplate.

The WWE needed OVW more than OVW needed the WWE. Fact.

False, as both are doing fine. FCW is up and running very well, and I still watch OVW every week. It's not the best show, but its not going anywhere anytime soon.

That is not even close to being true. All of OVW's biggest stars were WWE developmental talents. FCW is running fine now, and will only keep improving. And OVW will have trouble getting new talent now. Most people who trained there only did so in order to get noticed by the WWE and be signed to development deal.

Are you sure? Is FCW currently developing or has it developed the next Lesnar, Batista, Cena, or Orton? What about even the next Masters, Rico, Conway, Eugene, or any other wrestler that OVW churned out that was used for quality matches? Notice, I didn't say that OVW needed WWE more. OVW is doing pretty well on it's own, but WWE's farm system doesn't look promising anymore like it was when you had OVW in the picture. The only downfall that OVW had was that they made too many high quality wrestlers who WWE was able to utilize compared to their sister fed, DSW. WWE's greed caused them to shut down DSW and over work OVW with too many farm wrestlers. More than one fed could handle. Furthermore, WWE wanted their own farm fed instead of renting, hence FCW. But, as I said, what they are chrnning out isn't really that as promising as the crops that OVW initially churned out.

Actually they've been bringing in decent talent. Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway and Joey Matthews are all regulars there. While hardly main eventers anywhere, they're still decent names. Also, Claudio was there 2 weeks ago and did a match. They get decent talent, and their hoemgrown guys aren't bad.

That is not even close to being true. All of OVW's biggest stars were WWE developmental talents. FCW is running fine now, and will only keep improving. And OVW will have trouble getting new talent now. Most people who trained there only did so in order to get noticed by the WWE and be signed to development deal.

They are still doing just fine. They even still have their own sub-fed. if TNA were smart, they would sign a deal with OVW in order to create more homegrown talent and fine tune the stars they sign from indies and internationals.

Actually they've been bringing in decent talent. Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway and Joey Matthews are all regulars there. While hardly main eventers anywhere, they're still decent names. Also, Claudio was there 2 weeks ago and did a match. They get decent talent, and their hoemgrown guys aren't bad.

I've been checking them out from time to time. They got alot of promise. They do make their guys technically sound and train them well. The gimmicks are over the top, but they always have been. They have quite a few promising guys there though. Not sure why WWE never used Jacob Duncan though.

I said this in another thread earlier: If you watch OVW expecting Raw or SD quality, you're wasting your time. However, if you want to burn off an hour and get some decent wrestling, its a fine show to watch. It is what it is: A territorial, low budget wrestling company that is trying to survive, but well done.

OVW hasn't been the least bit interesting since the laast appearance of

MRRRRRRRRRRRR... KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

So OVW hasn't had a good show in nearly a month. It they were WWE the internet smarks would have been all over them.

Well lately he's trying to get into this fraternity and keeps getting beaten down.

Might be a dumb quesiton, but you do know I didn't create Lumpy right? He's a real wrestler in OVW.

I kinda like Igotta Brewski. He looks pumped up. There have actually been a few OVW alum sneaking down and appearing randomly because they know that OVW was and still is a great training ground. if they weren't then they woulda went out of business like DSW when WWE pulled funding. I still think that TNA could use them for future talent. Plus signing a deal would get guys like Conway on an exchange without needing to sign him long term. I think that Conway would make a great second to Roode, if Roode was being pushed towards the world title.

TNA would just love the fact that they're both named Robert, and turn them into a comedy act.

Actually, I think that it would be far from a comedy act. Roode and Storm aren't comedy. Storm plays his part and Roode plays his. But Roode would be the boss and Conway would be the enforcer. He could pull it off and has the build to eventually step into the ring. And with the deal with OVW, he would not need to be long term unless he flourished. Also, OVW could supply "talent enhancement" when needed and test guys out in the spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back