Spawn's Controversial Fact of The Day 9-15-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Here we are, back by popular demand with yet another quip to make you go "WTF is he thinking?"

The Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi has a better chance of getting into the WWE hall of fame than either Flyin/The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman or Hotstuff Eddie Gilbert. FACT.

With Nikolai Volkoff, JYD and Bob Orton in there, why not the most famous jobber of all time? Gilbert I know little about other than he was a wrestler and booker. Pillman will be kept out due to the drug issues, even though to my knowledge none were recreational, and that he's already had a dvd made about him.

Yeah but They do need to induct Pat O'Connor into the Hall of Fame. In fact I may send a message to JR to see his thoughts on Pat O'Connor getting a berth in the WWE hall of Fame since he was the first to hold both the NWA and AWA world Heavyweight Championships. and he held them Simultaneously.

Well considering the Brawler is doing Pat Patterson, it's a very real shot. At least he's already in a Hall of Famer, so he has that going for him.

It's kinda sad that the most memorable moments of Pillman's career are that he (1)signed a contract with WWE and then got hurt before even being in the ring once (2)was the guy who pulled a gun on Stone Cold and (3) will be remembered as "that other guy who used to team with Austin back when he was in WCW. You know, the guy who died" for the rest of any time that he is remembered. And he had such potential too.

And Eddie, well he had potential too but will only be remembered for managing Sting, Rick Steiner, and the the guy who eventually became The Ultimate Warrior. Towards the end of his career, Eddie Gilbert looked pretty damned bad. He got a shot at getting back on track with WCW, but it soon ended, as did Pillman's career, in the midst of personal drug use. I'm sure Sting and Steiner stuck their necks out to get Gilbert that last shot and he failed them miserably.

Lombardi, much like Brisco and Patterson, has been a steady kiss ass for many a decade. He has solidified himself on the McMahon teet and suckled it for all it's worth. I bet Barry Harowitz is rolling over in his grave right now for taking the big bucks to jump ship to WCW to become nothing more than talent enhancement there. What do you say? Harowitz isn't dead? Well on the day when Lombardi gets his induction, he will wish he was. Hell, he probably does now.

I say yes. He helped put so many other wrestlers over. If they could do well with the Brawler they had a chance. So why not?

I say yes. He helped put so many other wrestlers over. If they could do well with the Brawler they had a chance. So why not?

That's a rather debatable statement. For every one wrestler that did well with the Brawler that made it, there are at least ten who ended up doing nothing more than just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back