Spawn's Controversial Fact O' The Day 9-26-08

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
I was looking at the main site and saw that the same guys that brought us the overnight sensation that died overnight, WSX, are currently looking to get a third promotion into on tv, either through promotion of an established company or making a new one. That, along with the talk of Eric Bischoff possibly pondering creating a new company that would be centered around Goldberg and Hulk Hogan has the internet abuzz with excitement of something different. So here is my FOTD for today.

WWE needs someone to start up a third nationally televised company in order to get back the motivation to regain it's credibility as actually being watchable. FACT!

Definitely disagree. Let's say both of these companies are established. It'll take years before either causes a national stir. WSX scored a 1.0 opening night rating. Where are they now? Its not about making a splash, its about longevity. TNA is going on 7 years old and they're nothing compared to WWE. Like it or not, that's the way it is. They're getting there, but right now they've got nothing on WWE and they know it. WWE is the king and they're going to be for a long long time.

Definitely disagree. Let's say both of these companies are established. It'll take years before either causes a national stir. WSX scored a 1.0 opening night rating. Where are they now? Its not about making a splash, its about longevity. TNA is going on 7 years old and they're nothing compared to WWE. Like it or not, that's the way it is. They're getting there, but right now they've got nothing on WWE and they know it. WWE is the king and they're going to be for a long long time.

That's mainly because WWE hasn't felt threatened since the X-Division was big. WWE did the same thing they always do when they feel threatened from a competitor, they copied their format on a larger scale and ran it into the ground in order to squash interest, forcing the competition to come up with something different. And that often stops the momentum of the competitor.

Pretty much, WWE is only hungry and motivated when they are threatened. If someone comes along with something legitimate that gets national exposure and advertising, then you will see a better WWE product and an increase in ratings. Thusly, as WWE no longer sees TNA as a competitor, a third national company is needed.

The thing is to me, only Raw right now is bad. SD is good, and ECW is.........well its ECW. Raw right now sucks for more reasons than I want to get into. I just don't think competition is going to fix it though. WWE needs a new direction. Its so predictable right now.

The thing is to me, only Raw right now is bad. SD is good, and ECW is.........well its ECW. Raw right now sucks for more reasons than I want to get into. I just don't think competition is going to fix it though. WWE needs a new direction. Its so predictable right now.

And I agree with you. But WWE usually gets it's inspiration for new direction from it's competition. Each time a strong enough competitor comes along, WWE changes their style slightly and attention shifts back to WWE.

And I agree with you. But WWE usually gets it's inspiration for new direction from it's competition. Each time a strong enough competitor comes along, WWE changes their style slightly and attention shifts back to WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back