Spanish Announce Team Question

Kev Laws

Dark Match Jobber
Not sure if this has been asked, but as I don't speak Spanish or live in a America I figured I would ask on here.

Do the Spanish announce team have a heel and face announcer?
Do they commentate on the matches and moves or do they have story lines?
Do they commentate on the English speaking teams?
Just in general what are they like in compared to the other team?

Cheers peeps.

They are literally just there to call the action for Spanish speaking viewers. I used to have to watch RAW on Telemundo because we didn't have cable at my house and I didn't get USA and it sounded like they had some banter and character but they pretty much just focused on the action. Of course this was a few years ago so things may have changed by now. I do remember one being incredibly over the top he sounded like a Spanish soccer announcer. Hope this helps but I din't understand much Spanish so I'm just going off what I've seen.

1 they do have a heel and face announcer, heel color commentator on Marcelo Rodriguez and face play by play in Carlos cabrera, they play their parts well, because they don't rant on everything like booker or michael cole, at least the play by play, the heel color commentator is always putting over the heel antics of the wrestlers to make them look ok even though they are being buried by the likes of Cena or Orton...

2 Like i said before a little of everything, they mostly focus on the moves and they put over big moves, but they also talk about the story lines and the foundation of the match itself...

3 You mean like suplex, backdrops and stuff?, it depends on the moves, they call the suplexes, rko, gts, and some other stuff, but the AA of cena sometimes it's the "attitude adjustment" and sometimes "ajuste de actitud", so in the end it depends, but the most regular moves they are called in spanish...

4 Ok i started watching wrestling like 95, so i got the announcers like tito santana, savio vega, hugo savinovich, in that time i preferred the spanish announce team, but then in 99, 2000 i started watching in english and later in spanish (same episodes), and i liked the english announce team better, but last year with michael cole being established as the main and heel guy on commentary, it seemed to demolish my liking of the english announce team, and with booker T, it just got worse, i can't stand booker T, he is so over the top and stupid (at the beginning it was a few times, but now it's almost all of what he says), so now i went back to seeing wwe with the spanish announcing, english it's just awful sometimes...

i'm from Chile and i understand the english pretty well ( i don't write it or speak it too well, but i understand it), so that's my opinion...

They used to always get it during the Attitude Era. I used to wonder if they were at ringside just so a table could be broken each week and to give JR and Lawler a break from a demolished table. I have heard them commentate since, when I have not been able to view anything else.

A couple questions I'd like to ask:

Wrestling fans know that having the Spanish announce table around only seems to happen when wrestlers will use it to break it. Do they ever joke about this or get annoyed about it in their commentary?

How do they react to promos and work that involves the English-speaking announce team?

When the English-speaking announce team introduce the Spanish announce team and have them wave to the camera, do the Spanish announce team do the opposite? Also there is a lot of camera work focusing on the English-speaking announce team - do they show the Spanish team when they do things like when they talked through the HHH/Nash thing? Or do you still see Cole and King explaining it but with Spanish over the top?

1 yeah, they do talk about how the wrestlers seem to "hate" the spanish announce table, but mostly joking, and they do celebrate sometimes when it's the english announce team that gets their table broken....they do sometimes got annoyed in the fact that in the year 2000 in like 4 or 5 event in a row the only table that broke was the spanish announce table...
Now that i remeber better there was one time when they got really annoyed and berate about it for a long time, it was when hogan threw a chair shot to vince and hit Hugo Savinovich instead, but is was funny how they reacted tough

2 as they need to translate the promos, they always try to put over the promos, even the ones that are lame or just flat, they try to get the people into them, so does with the wrestlers, instead of fighting each other, they put on the spotlight the abilities of the wrestlers instead of the weaknesses as Cole and Booker do, i watched some parts of Vengeance like cody vs orton and they praised cody for the hard work in the match and said that he take randy to the limit, on the other hand booker buried cody saying he couldn't get the job done against orton, so in this matter they focus on the positive side of the promos and the wrestlers, to make them look cool to the non english speaking part of the fans....

3 no, the taping is the same, if the camera points towards Cole and King talking, the spanish crew starts talking about the event or the same storyline the english team is talking about minus the fights and the stupid comments booker seems to love nowadays, they don't make specials camera angles for the spanish announce table, actually the few times they are shown is when the english team presents them, or as you wrote before break their table...

They used to always get it during the Attitude Era. I used to wonder if they were at ringside just so a table could be broken each week and to give JR and Lawler a break from a demolished table. I have heard them commentate since, when I have not been able to view anything else.

Kind of seems like it made a return just to be broken every week by Orton or Henry. They took out chair shots, and blood but throwing slamming someones body into a table on a weekly basis is better? Really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back