• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

South Park's New WWE Episode...

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Well I already posted about this in the bar room, but I thought this topic was good enough to talk to everyone amongst the WWE's main thread on here.

In the preview clip for the next episode of South Park, which was released im guessing right at 12:00 AM today, it shows the four boys watching what seems to look like an episode of RAW live at I guess their local arena, in which Edge and John Cena along with two female partners are having a mixed tag team match.

After they leave the show the boys then say that they have found their true calling in life, and will join "wrestling class".

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are as fellow wrestling fans. For me i've wanted to see this spoof for quite sometime, since they had never done it before and now it seems like a great time to make the parody because their 13th season has proven to be a great one imo.

Anyway how do you think WWE will feel about this. They were already parodied over the summer by Robot Chicken now this fall they are getting parodied through out an entire episode of South Park. Is any publicity good publicity in their minds?

*Your Thoughts*

I love this idea, I think it'll be hilarious. South Park isn't one of my favorite shows to say the least, but it will still be a laughh to see WWE involved in an episode. I really want to see some WWE stuff on Family Guy. That would be gold. Family Guy has used pretty much everything I can think of, so why not WWE? Anyway, WWE on south park will be great.

Well a few things...

I'm pretty sure the Robot Chicken thing was set up before hand with WWE/Vince's approval as it was around the time Seth Green appeared as guest host, also correct me if I'm wrong but it had HHH's voice in it as well.

As for the south park thing, it should be good as so far the season has been. Season 12 sucked balls but 13 has been great and am looking forward to seeing what they do with wrestling. Doubt WWE will be in the show for more then 5 minutes before it features the boys doing stupid shit :p

Family guy somewhat covered wrestling in the episode where Cleveland learned Quagmire was banging his wife when Peter took Cleveland to a wrestling show. It showed Macho Man being a heel and insulting the crowd.
Also, FG should steer clear of wrestling as the show is fucking garbage and can't write a story longer than 10 minutes or deliver jokes pertaining to that story. I watch it when I'm drunk off my ass and my attention span can't grasp the humor of good shows lol.

Well i dont no if anyone here plays World of Warcraft but that episode was huge for the game. It got alot of people talking and interested. If the wrestling show is anywhere near as good WWE will love it. With Robot Chicken their is no doubt the WWE was involved they even promoted the show during Raw. Robot Chicken has used wrestlers since it started though Hogan and Roddy Pipper both do regular voice work for that show.

A South Park episode that involved the WWE would be great to see. I think South Park could make it really really funny and I do think any exposure will help right now in drawing more people into watching it. John Cena or Triple H should make an appearence or even Edge. It would be great.

A South Park episode that involved the WWE would be great to see. I think South Park could make it really really funny and I do think any exposure will help right now in drawing more people into watching it. John Cena or Triple H should make an appearence or even Edge. It would be great.

umm dude yea this thread is to talk about the episode that IS coming out. Its the next episode of South Park. In the preview for it both Cena and Edge were in it lol so yea.

Just thought i'd tell you this episode is happening and thats why I made this thread

looking forward to that. Even tho South Park is no longer as good as some few years back, it does still have some hits from time to time specially with the proper idea and wwe centered episode is a great idea.

I enjoy wrestling and South Park, so i'm looking forward to this episode. Now my guess based on the fact that the boys say they want to join wrestling class: the episode will focus on the "don't try this at home" aspect. The boys will probably try some moves in their backyard. I would almost bet money that Kenny is going to die in this episode attempting a Jeff Hardy move (i'd say his most scream "oh my god they killed kenny").

I can't wait for this it'll be awesome and since it's a cartoon it'll probably just draw viewers for wrestling, I guarantee you when Cena punches Edge he misses completely, and a scene is shown with multiple wrestlers taking steroids. As for Kenny's death it'll be either them bothcing a move and breaking his neck, him being thrown thorugh a falming table with thumbtacks or as said before him doing a Jeff Hardy move and breaking his neck. I don't watch south park unless the preview sounds really good, I'll watch this one.

I think i am the only person that thinks south park would be taking the piss out of professional wrestling in this episode. I am one of the biggest south park fans going around and have seen every episode and 80 percent of them is taking the piss out of somthing and thats the only thing i can see south park doing towards WWE. You might not agree but just respect my opinion on it.

I love South Park more than wrestling but I can already tell this seems like a "laughing at you" rather than "with you" type deal. Point in case - look at the other fans in the clips and how they look. All look really....white trash?
That's kind of the perception of wrestling fans so I don't know if that is necessarily a win for WWE. Its the type of thing that may make some fans look at themselves and wonder "am I really like that?" While some fans won't care, some do worry about that - hence why my professors always make mention of Nielsen diaries for ratings and the common comparison of TV viewers writing down "Fraiser" or something like that as opposed to if they were really watching wrestling - they don't want to seem like the LCD of TV viewers and that's what was displayed in the clip.
It's kind of like what my roommate says, "Why do you still watch that bullshit, the only people that still watch wrestling are Mexicans and 12 year olds, look at the audience."
That's the perception and that's what South Park is going to portray. It's going to be funny to me though.

I think it's funny that Cena pushed for the PG era for the young fans sakes, but now of all shows, they are guest starring on South Park. True definition of irony.

I think it will be a very interesting episode. I am looking forward to it since I am one of the few who have been a fan of South Park since all the way back at season one. At the same time however I am somewhat not looking forward to it. The vast majority of my friends give me a hard time for being a fanboy of both WWE and TNA.... I have a bad feeling that whatever joke South Park makes towards either federation, that my friends will be telling the same joke(s) to me for the rest of my life, just to give me an even harder time since all of them associate WWE and TNA with me, being the only wrestling fanboy in any of my groups of friends. Should be hilarious though.
_

Anyone else think there is a problem with an M rated show (Australia) promoting something that the WWE is aiming at children? LOL

Nah i'm kidding, it should be terrific, ill have to watch it online since i'm here in Australia and I don't think it will be playing here

Just My Opinion

For those who missed it, tonight South Park aired an episode dedicated to Pro Wrestling and the WWE. I know how much attention is placed on the mainstream recognizing Pro Wrestling, so you can expect this to be in the wrestling news at any moment. What I want to know is, what do you think about South Park's portrayal of Pro Wrestling, as that is always the question we have when wrestling is in the mainstream. Personally, I think they were VERY, VERY easy on the business, considering the reputation Pro Wrestling has and how brutal South Park is on everybody and anybody else.

If you missed it, the show started with John Cena and Edge talking trash in an exaggerated, "You cheated with my wife!" manner. Then the boys decided to be Pro Wrestlers. They went back to the school and joined wrestling class then they realized that kind of wrestling (amateur wrestling) was gay so they started their backyard federation called "World Takedown Federation" (WTF) instead and it was all like an over the top on stage shakespeare soap opera with 0 wrestling. Then at the end Vince McMahon came and watched. At this point the school wrestling coach who everybody said was gay interrupted and gave his own monologue about the pain of having fake wrestling ruin his life and ruin the real sport of wrestling. Vince McMahon liked his monologue so much that he offered him a spot in the WWE.

The point of this recap is just to get your thoughts on how South Park, the most brutally mocking and spoofing show on TV treated WWE and Pro Wrestling. Personally, I think they were very respectful and it was just a storyline for the show, and not a mockery of pro wrestling at all. What are your thoughts? (Especially for those who saw the show)

I thought the episode was pretty funny. South Park is very precise at skewering their target. This did stereotype wrestling fans as stupid marks and the WWE as the big, bad marketing machine. I kept wondering what Vince would think of it. I don't think this was an approved WWE work. It makes you wonder how those in the industry felt about the "WWE killed real wrestling" message (though there is truth to that..) I wonder if any of them even watched it? It also seemed kind of odd & out of the blue that the show would target pro wrestling after all this time..

I thought the episode was pretty funny. South Park is very precise at skewering their target. This did stereotype wrestling fans as stupid marks and the WWE as the big, bad marketing machine. I kept wondering what Vince would think of it. I don't think this was an approved WWE work. It makes you wonder how those in the industry felt about the "WWE killed real wrestling" message (though there is truth to that..) I wonder if any of them even watched it? It also seemed kind of odd & out of the blue that the show would target pro wrestling after all this time..

I forgot to mention, that I did agree with the original post-that SP could have been a lot harder on pro-wrestling. Especially in regards to steroids &
wrestlers' arrests (knowing how irreverent SP tend to be; they could have even mentioned Benoit) .

(Not to get off topic, but I saw the commercial for the new Raw vs Smackdown game while watching SP. Does anyone know if Jeff Hardy is still a part of that game? The promo shows a modified wrestler that looks/moves like Hardy-which I assume is supposed to be designed by the player. But I wasn't sure if WWE removed him from the game due to his legal troubles..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back