South Park is Parodying WWE

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Get ready fellow wrestling fans because the next episode of my favorite animated show South Park is gonna be spoofing the WWE!

In the preview clip for the episode which was released im guessing right at 12:00 AM today, it shows the four boys watching what seems to look like an episode of RAW, in which Edge and John Cena along with two female partners are having a mixed tag team match.

Ive been waiting for this spoof for some time. Now South Park's genius 13th season (which has been great btw) is finally doing the pro wrestling spoof!

*Your Thoughts?*

According to WIki, the episode is described as them finding their true calling in life after going to a show. Oh dear this is gonna be good.

I feel like I should be setting my DVR for this despite not being a huge South Park mark. When does it come on?

I'll have to wait 6 years before I get to see this episode on TV. Might as well watch it on youtube or live stream.

South Park is one of the funniest television shows ever Becca.

I'm so disappointed in you right now.

You have to look at it as a serious drama show like Boston Legal, for lack of a better example. Take into account the current situations. Only then will you find true comedy in the form of South Park. You have to become one with the show, like an extension of the show, to enjoy the show.

It just isn't funny. No where near to the extent people say it is.

Couldn't possibly agree more, Becca. It tries too hard, it's all up its own ass to make a point, Matt and Trey seem to mistakenly think people give a shit about their sociological opinions, and even when they remove their heads from their asses long enough to just make a funny tv show that doesn't preach at you, they still fail at that more often than not. The only funny episodes in recent memory have been pop culture tie-ins that cashed in on something... The LOTR episode, the World of Warcraft episode, and now a WWE episode.

Couldn't possibly agree more, Becca. It tries too hard, it's all up its own ass to make a point, Matt and Trey seem to mistakenly think people give a shit about their sociological opinions, and even when they remove their heads from their asses long enough to just make a funny tv show that doesn't preach at you, they still fail at that more often than not. The only funny episodes in recent memory have been pop culture tie-ins that cashed in on something... The LOTR episode, the World of Warcraft episode, and now a WWE episode.

By reading this I could of sworn you were talking about Seth Macfarlane and his Sunday night stuff, especially when you said "and even when they remove their heads from their asses long enough to just make a funny tv show that doesn't preach at you, they still fail at that more often than not." :rolleyes: But yeah this should be...well interesting. As a Fan of Wrestling and SP I think I gotta go for SP here as long as they dont bring up Benoit, but I wont be shocked if they do.

South Park's surely no Fawlty Towers. That's for sure.

Fixed that for you ;)

This is gonna be good. Every time Parker and Stone pick on something in pop culture, they always mangage to be spot on, they just.... Get it.
It probably won't be as genius as, say, the scientology episode. But it'll be good. Very good.

:lmao: We (my private server) quote that World of Warcraft episode daily. Anytime we have to say WoW we take the time to manually say "World.......of Warcraft" That episode is hilarious.

I'm positive it was a mistake, but you forgot Imagination Land on your list.

Yet the most critically acclaimed episode was "Scott Tenorman Must Die", no pop culture reference there.

regarding the south park episodes: That's only in the US.

Regarding balloon boy: We just had a butters episode and the week before was an Ike one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back