• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Something I noticed

Torgo

Is it me or?
Last Smackdown, WWE used the opening video/music smorgasbord to open out the show. I was pleasantly surprised to see it; they always really pumped everyone up along with the pyro and crowd cam.

Why don't they do it every show, RAW included? Instead of the adrenaline Rush opening, we get Authority promo #4627326 (although not anymore going forward) or some other droning on from some superstar.

Wouldn't you rather see this? : [YOUTUBE]IYJUHaoNK6w[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno, I wish WWE would go back to stuff like that.

Maybe we will now that HHH doesn't need that time to get on the mic. I've always loved that opening montage. The stars of the show are the wrestlers and they should be on there.

Yup, i love these openings, they give you a needed energy shot to wake up and be ready, i hate it when they open their show silently and HHH or Cena goes out there to cut just another boring 15 minutes complaining about everything promo.
I also don't get why other wrestlers cut opening promos so rarely - you have the entire Authority or Cena or Orton to open every show, and this quickly become very boring. Why it can't be like this: opening video, pyro, welcome to Town A, Rhodes bros music hit, Cody Rhodes open the show with some short sweet promo, opponents music hits, they come in, cut their promo as well, and there is a match right here and right now with the actual reason behind it. No HHH, no Cena, no Orton, no Rollins, no Annonymous GM and other boring guys involved at all. Could be very refreshing.
And where in the hell is card showing, in Attitude era, after show opens, you had 3-4 good matches announced with graphics, so you have a reason to stay and watch, today it's only talk, talk, talk, main event announced and that's it.

I remember going to Raw a couple times back when they did the intro w/ pyro. They told the crowd "we're going to play the intro, and when it finishes, the pyro will start to go off, that's your cue to go crazy and make some serious noise for the TV!"

With the anticipation of the show starting, with the intro and the pyro going off... we sure didn't need any encouraging to go ballistic, but it certainly didn't hurt any. You could feel the heat from the pyro from 2 dozens rows back. Now we've got quasi-pop, no intro montage and no pyro. Pathetic. Bring back the montage, bring back the pulse pumping metal and for God's sake, blow sh*t up with some pyro!

I remember going to Raw a couple times back when they did the intro w/ pyro. They told the crowd "we're going to play the intro, and when it finishes, the pyro will start to go off, that's your cue to go crazy and make some serious noise for the TV!"

With the anticipation of the show starting, with the intro and the pyro going off... we sure didn't need any encouraging to go ballistic, but it certainly didn't hurt any. You could feel the heat from the pyro from 2 dozens rows back. Now we've got quasi-pop, no intro montage and no pyro. Pathetic. Bring back the montage, bring back the pulse pumping metal and for God's sake, blow sh*t up with some pyro!

I attended two Raws in 2000. They did a similar thing. They really got the crowd going and yes, you could really feel that heat. Loved those days. Not necessarily saying bring back the AE, but give the show a real opening and get to the action quickly.

You know why they don't do it anymore? Cost-cutting. You know what else they don't need? All those tables, ladders, chairs and various other weapons under the ring. I know I'm not the only one that thinks the number of weapons is excessive. Even during TLC I realize it looks cool but they really only need a few, especially when you only need to put your opponent through ONE table to win a tables match. Maybe you need a few ladders in case one gets busted, same with chairs, but it seems like they have like 30-40 of each during the matches. They don't really NEED that many, do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back