• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Something I Have Noticed WWE Has Been Doing

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
......over the last few weeks, all of raw's main events have been tag team matches. And as i remember they were all big names with the likes of Cena, Punk, ADR, Miz,Truth, Sheamus,Bret hart, Morisson, Riley, Ziggler, Swagger and more. And this is a very smart move by WWE because if they want to revamp tag teaming this is a good way to start, get the fans into tag team matches before you revamp the division.

1. why do you think there have been many tag team main events in the last 3-5 weeks.

Man I hate to ruin it for you maybe it is for the tag division but they have been do that for years It always seemed as if it was a rushed main event but they just do it to promote the feuds even more for example 2 of the names you mentioned there are Miz and Riley they would be in tag matches so they didnt face each other one on one properly so they weren't giving you a PPV match for free

IMO, this is all stemming from the RAW/SMACKDOWN! Supershows. WWE is jamming all their superstars into one show each. So with such a large roster and the "seemingly end of the brand extensions", they really have little choice than to stick their top stars in tag-team main events to make sure that they are all shown and their storylines continue from RAW to SMACKDOWN! to PPV. Pretty unfortunate as you know that the lower mid carders will get little to no attention what so ever.

I have always hated tag team matches that do not involve real tag teams. I like to call them "filler" main events. If you want to have tag matches so bad, why not focus on actual tag teams? With Cena champ again, Triple H back to steal the spotlight, and Punk playing too much of a face for my standards, I'm beginning to get bored of Raw again. Oh well, guess I'll keep DVRing it as a truly dedicated idiot.

Raw has been using tag team matches for the main event regularly for the past decade or so. This is not anything new. This is done because it is impossible to try to have fresh feuds for ppv if there is a different singles match in the Raw main event every week.

they will always have these matches. it is so two people fueding can face each other without ending the fued. i also think they do this to give guys an easy week. punk had a great match on sunday so he didn't have to have a singles match.

You usually won't get a main event singles match on free tv that has much quality to it. Tag main events are typical because the losing team doesn't really look that bad for losing since there's two guys on the team. Heck I hope you guys know what I mean.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WWE doesn't like having faces lose clean, so if they lose a tag match, the heel team gets some cred without the face looking all that bad.

It's not done to inspire the tag team division you'll be sad to know. It's done to you get a taster of the PPV matches on free TV. It is arguably better than the two competitors having singles matches as you get a small bit of insight as to how the two will actually pair up in a longer match.

Further more, it is easier to employ face and heel tactics in a match like this. A man like Mark Henry may take out both competitors himself to display his dominance whereas a guy like Christian may get himself counted out or disqualified. Compare this to 1 on 1 encounters which are usually back and forth contests. It's all means to the same end though, hopefully making you want some more on the given Sunday of whatever PPV it is.

1. why do you think there have been many tag team main events in the last 3-5 weeks.

Lets be realistic, no one gives a shit about Tag Wrestling in the WWE. Are any of us excited when Air-Boom hits the ring?

Where there used to be matches for number one contenders, and story lines set around those competitors we now have tag matches... tag matches to determine what?

Oh yeah not a thing. Lets place our two faces together as a tag vs their two heel opponents at the up coming PPV in a tag match.

Fuck no, pairing random guys up in tag matches is the WWE is a prime example of Lazy booking, and not planning any of their story lines in advance.

Doing tag team main events is nothing knew. It's been going on for like 15 years.

It has all the guys with the story lines in one match, and has it so they all don't have to work as much.

This is nothing new. They have done countless tag team main events. It's usually the top face involved in the top angle teaming with some random other face against whoever the top face is feuding with and some random other heel. Other times they make guys currently in a feud team up against some random other team. Tag Team main events have been used for ages and this has little to do with the tag team division itself. They use these to further storylines and sometimes do betrayals because it's an easy way to keep an angle going while sometimes developing more than one angle if say for example the guys from the top of the card are in the match as well as a couple of midcarders from a feud are there too. Cena could team with Riley against Del Rio and Ziggler, sounds like a typical main event tag team match to me. That's an old formula that they have used, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Its a pretty simple explanation really...Raw Is now a Supershow involving Smackdown related story lines which somehow must involve Teddy Long who loves nothing more than...well ill use his exact quote.

"This is now going to be a Tag Team Match."

It's nothing new to have tag team matches as the main event of Raw, it's been happening for a while now. It's a simple way to have previews of main events at the next PPV without showing too much of what may happen in the match at the PPV or just an easy way to get a higher rating because of the star power in the match. To be honest not many people give a damn about tag team wrestling and although there's been rumours that WWE want to reinvent the division I highly doubt they will as they probably don't see the tag team division making them much money. I hope they do make the division better though simply because I'm a big fan of tag team wrestling but as I said I can't see it happening.

I don't think the tag team main events have anything to do with revamping the division. Tag team main events aren't exactly rare. When they happen, they're usually meant to give you a teaser for the PPV matches by pitting multiple feuding superstars in one match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back